PDA

View Full Version : Ok Virgin Phone or BT Together?

m419
15-10-2008, 01:00
Which do you think offers the best value together with an extraordinary service? Virgin Media,Virgin Talk(Virgin.net/Offnet via BT line) or BT Together option 1,2 or 3

Gary L
15-10-2008, 09:35
Virgin are really expensive for calls. with BT you don't have to go through them for your calls you can use 18185 at only 5p per call.
plus with BT you get caller display free where Virgin charge £1.50 a month.

or is it £1.75 a month?
I can't find anything on virgins pages they are so annoying! :mad:

PeteTheMusicGuy
15-10-2008, 10:20
BT is a lot cheaper than VM on the Phone side of things and thats without using CPS

m419
15-10-2008, 15:25
I was originally talking about direct dialled services not what other 3rd party services you can access down BT lines.

However, there are a few services which you can access down Virgin phone lines too! All you need is a dialler.

I want one bill for all my services,no prefixes to dial ect....

I think Talk Anywhere is competitive, with that you get a bundle of minutes for the monthly charge it is equivalent to 4p per minute for all calls to anywhere at anytime.

Comparison:

Sky Talk calls to 0845 numbers: 6p per minute plus as connection charge.
Virgin TalkAnywhere to 0845 numbers: 4p per minute plus NO connection charge.

BT daytime calls to 0845 numbers: 5p per minute plus 3p connection
Virgin Talkanywhere to 0845 numbers: 4p per minute with no connection charge.

Sky Talk and BT calls to mobiles: Up to 19p per minute plus a connection charge.
Virgin TalkAnywhere calls to mobiles: 4p per minute at all times plus no connection fee.

Direct Dialled calls to European Destinations with Post Office Homephone: 60p per minute and with BT: 40p per minute and With VirginTalkanywhere: 4p per minute plus no connection charge.

Furthermore:

Anonymous caller rejection on BT: £4 per month
Anonymous Caller Rejection on TalkTalk: £3.86
Anonymous Caller Rejection on Virgin: £2.50
Calling Feature pack with BT: £4.50
Calling Feature pack with Virgin: £3.50
Caller Return via 1471 on BT: 6p everytime you press 3
Caller Return via 1471 on Virgin: FREE
BT Callminder: £2.50 per month
Virgin Enhanced Voicemail: £1.75 per month
BT line rental: £11.50 (£12.50 for non-direct debit users)
Virgin line rental: £11.00
New BT line cost: £124.99
New Virgin phone line: up to £74.99 (usually no more than £25)

Oh and as for Caller Display from BT, it wasn't free when my mate signed up for BT even when they mentioned the BT privacy offer, they wouldn't give it to them for free! However on Virgin you could always ask retentions for it for free.

The only expensive thing about Virgin phone is the 4p per minute call rate to landlines,however this could be ironed out by simply increasing line rental costs.

By raising the line rental by £1 for all customers, they would be able to offer calls to landlines for as little as 2p per minute during the daytime and 4p per call during the evenings and still be able to offer free weekend calls.

So if around 2 million customers subscribe to Virgin's phone service, and Virgin Media increase the line rental to all customers by £1, thats an extra £2 Million a month in there bank account!