PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Week

joglynne
14-10-2008, 09:47
..................................https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/10/32.gif

I don't know how I missed this one. A couple of days late but I thought it deserved a thread for all things chocolate, and an excuse for us to indulge in anything that could even loosely be related to one of my favourite indulgences.

Here's a site that lets you know what is happening around the country and best of all is that it has a list of freebies. :D

http://www.chocolate-week.co.uk/events.php

Finally, just in case some of you worry about the your diet just remember my theory. A well balanced diet means that you need to hold the same amount of Chocolate in both hands. :D

...........................................https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/10/33.gif

Halcyon
14-10-2008, 11:47
I love chocolate but right now have the flu. Will make up for it though when I feel better.

Happy Chocolate week to you all.

joglynne
14-10-2008, 12:06
Sorry you'r not feeling well Halcyon. Here's a reminder of what you are missing.......https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/10/52.jpg

Delta Whiskey
14-10-2008, 12:39
Chocolate is my big downfall, I can't have any in the house. :(

joglynne
14-10-2008, 13:00
Chocolate is my big downfall, I can't have any in the house. :(

OK....just keep it in the garage. :D

NB. Chocolate is a Vegetable: chocolate is derived from cocoa beans. Bean = vegetable. Sugar is derived from either sugar cane or sugar beets. Both are plants, which places them in the vegetable category. Thus, chocolate is a vegetable. To go one step further, chocolate bars also contain milk, which is dairy. So Milk Chocolate bars are a health food. :D

Delta Whiskey
14-10-2008, 18:46
OK....just keep it in the garage. :D

NB. Chocolate is a Vegetable: chocolate is derived from cocoa beans. Bean = vegetable. Sugar is derived from either sugar cane or sugar beets. Both are plants, which places them in the vegetable category. Thus, chocolate is a vegetable. To go one step further, chocolate bars also contain milk, which is dairy. So Milk Chocolate bars are a health food. :D

I love your logic, now all I have to do is persuade my body that it's really low calorie too and I'll be fine. :D

Kymmy
14-10-2008, 18:55
That's easy, just eat someone else's chocolate, that way the calories are someone else's as well ;)

joglynne
14-10-2008, 18:57
I love your logic, now all I have to do is persuade my body that it's really low calorie too and I'll be fine. :D

As calories are an issue, store your chocolate on top of the fridge. Calories are afraid of heights, and they will jump out of the chocolate to protect themselves.....honest.

:D

Maggy
14-10-2008, 19:16
Walk while eating chocolate..the exercise cancels out the calories.;)

Also if no one sees you eating the chocolate the calories don't count..so avoid mirrors and windows.

Also melted chocolate doesn't count because it is liquid...and liquids are good for you.

:D

supremus
14-10-2008, 19:21
Is it dark or milk chocolate week, though? I'm kind of a racist when it comes to chocolate.

NB. Chocolate is a Vegetable: chocolate is derived from cocoa beans. Bean = vegetable. Sugar is derived from either sugar cane or sugar beets. Both are plants, which places them in the vegetable category. Thus, chocolate is a vegetable.Hmm, but what about chocolate oranges?

mrmistoffelees
14-10-2008, 19:25
Chocolate week ? More like Chocolate thirty two years in my case, which reminds me, must buy more pants......:erm:

(Thats pants as in trousers, not pants as in pants)

on in an hour!
14-10-2008, 19:27
you cant beat a cadburys crunchie out of the fridge..mmmmmm...dreams and dreams and dreams :sleeping:

mrmistoffelees
14-10-2008, 19:30
you cant beat a cadburys crunchie out of the fridge..mmmmmm...dreams and dreams and dreams :sleeping:

You sir are a heathen cad and I doth slap your face verily and challenge thee to a duel !!!

Your Crunchie vs my mighty Wispa

joglynne
14-10-2008, 19:32
The darker the better for me. 70%+ and I'm a happy bunny. :)

on in an hour!
14-10-2008, 19:35
You sir are a heathen cad and I doth slap your face verily and challenge thee to a duel !!!

Your Crunchie vs my mighty Wispa
no chance pal,if the wispas round yours are half as hard as the wispas round mine (especially after 2/3 days int fridge) im off out of this thread..quicksticks!! :D

mrmistoffelees
14-10-2008, 19:51
no chance pal,if the wispas round yours are half as hard as the wispas round mine (especially after 2/3 days int fridge) im off out of this thread..quicksticks!! :D

Not when they are carried around in your combats for half an hour before eating :D

Hugh
14-10-2008, 19:55
My wife has a great (imho) fridge magnet, relating to the wonder that is chocolate -

"9 out of 10 women can't resist chocolate - the other one is a lying beyatch"

on in an hour!
14-10-2008, 19:56
Not when they are carried around in your combats for half an hour before eating :D

:sick:
now i am definitely off!!! there is seriously something wrong with you.
IN YOUR COMBATS!!

mrmistoffelees
14-10-2008, 20:02
:sick:
now i am definitely off!!! there is seriously something wrong with you.
IN YOUR COMBATS!!

Erm, perhaps that should of read in the pocket of said combats.

Ho Hum, damage done :D

on in an hour!
14-10-2008, 20:03
Erm, perhaps that should of read in the pocket of said combats.

Ho Hum, damage done :D

indeed,especially if you were COMMANDO in your COMBATS :Yikes:

mrmistoffelees
14-10-2008, 20:07
indeed,especially if you were COMMANDO in your COMBATS :Yikes:

You're a very disturbed individual :erm: Have you been to the Mr Love Monkey school of posting ?:D

Tezcatlipoca
14-10-2008, 20:33
Chocolate week?

Mmmm, that reminds me - I've got a nice big bar of Toblerone in the fridge :D

I could do with some G&B too.

Anyone got a Hotel Chocolat near them?

We've got one in Cambridge... heaven! :drool:

ikthius
14-10-2008, 21:45
I am about to tuck into a 150g Galaxy bar, will last all of 5 mins, I will try and make it last 10

---------------- Now playing: Arab Strap - The Devil Tips (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/arab+strap/track/the+devil+tips) via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

moaningmags
14-10-2008, 23:32
I love chocolate but unfortunately it gives me a migraine as does coffee, coca-cola and cheese.

So feel free to eat all the chocolate that I can't and I'll try not to be jealous.

frogstamper
15-10-2008, 02:37
I've just discovered the absolute "ambrosia" of chocolate bars, its called "Hershey's Nutrageous". It's got a peanut butter center with peanuts around that all held together with a beautiful sticky caramel, all this is then encased in a thick outer layer of milk chocolate.
They are so addictive, I've been stopping on the way to work and buying three or four a day, to be honest though I could easily eat twice that many:)

Maggy
15-10-2008, 08:16
I've just discovered the absolute "ambrosia" of chocolate bars, its called "Hershey's Nutrageous". It's got a peanut butter center with peanuts around that all held together with a beautiful sticky caramel, all this is then encased in a thick outer layer of milk chocolate.
They are so addictive, I've been stopping on the way to work and buying three or four a day, to be honest though I could easily eat twice that many:)

One of my secret vices..but I still prefer their Peanut Butter Cups..;)

Delta Whiskey
15-10-2008, 08:51
Peanut Butter Cups, now you're talking. No calories either because it's crockery. :D

MadGamer
15-10-2008, 10:48
mmmmm white chocolate. Also Butterscotch is nice. :D. Green & Blacks chocolate that is.

Halcyon
15-10-2008, 11:03
I'm going to tuck in to some of these chocolate biscuits. Hopefully will make me feel better.
Chocolate is meant to be good for you.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=17069&stc=1&d=1224065007