PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Fault Repair

Wendy Lipscombe
13-10-2008, 22:11
Hi

I would be grateful if anyone could tell me exactly what Virgin Media are responsible for repairing as regards telephone faults. Having reported a fault last Thursday we eventually had a visit from Virgin Media Engineers today. We were told the fault was inside the house but any extension sockets were no longer their responsibilty - they promptly disconnected telephone extensions which we have had working for years and suggested we bought Dect Phones. We were told they only had 20 mins allocated to each job and that included driving time between jobs and that they couldn't get involved with extensions.

Thanks for any advice or information.

Wendy

BenMcr
13-10-2008, 22:24
Virgin will guarantee (i.e fix for free) the 'Master' socket if it fails for as long as you have an active phone account. Any extentions if installed by Virgin are guaranteed for 12 months after install only. Any 3rd party extention sockets are not supported at all

Any customer damage is not supported

Wendy Lipscombe
13-10-2008, 22:28
Thanks for the information. That answers my questions - Dect phones it is then.

Wendy

Gary L
13-10-2008, 22:47
We were told they only had 20 mins allocated to each job and that included driving time between jobs

That explains why they're zooming up and down the roads lately.

pete a
14-11-2008, 08:42
Hi all, I'm sorry for crashing into this thread- but Ive only just joined this forum and am finding my way around it right now (slowly).
I wonder if anyone can help and offer advice asap >,?
Whilst doing some internal building work - I have accidentally- pulled the wires out of the telewest phone master socket--and I have not got a clue where they are supposed to go back. There are 4 wires (the little skinny wires ).
I need to sort it out before the guy I'm doing the building work for gets back home this weekend.
Any help would very much be appreciated .
Thanks , Pete