PDA

View Full Version : Getting this a lot tonight

Agent47
08-10-2008, 01:22
Network Timeout

The operation timed out when attempting to contact www.eurogamer.net.

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary failure? Try again later.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

Using renfrew servers

whydoIneedatech
08-10-2008, 08:58
Network Timeout

The operation timed out when attempting to contact www.eurogamer.net (http://www.eurogamer.net).

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary failure? Try again later.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

Using renfrew servers
Clicked your link and straight in no delay;)

Agent47
08-10-2008, 10:58
This has been happening a lot over the last couple of weeks with various sites, usually after midnight. Come morning its fine.

AdamD
08-10-2008, 11:27
When I'm "STM'd", I get that a lot as well
Clicking the link or hitting refresh, usually fixes it for me, but it's a pain nether the less.

Dire
08-10-2008, 14:11
Been happening to me for months on most sites visited. Its not STM as speedtests are generally ok, although upload can vary greatly from one minute to the next.

starbeats1
08-10-2008, 15:01
This is one of the problems ive been having (Newark), looks like it more wider than that. It usually happens to me after STM kicks in...for about 20 minutes, then its fine.

rossdagley
08-10-2008, 18:24
DNS issue perhaps?

Next time it happens, try pinging www.eurogamer.net, see what result you get, then ping 212.126.133.100 (the underlying IP for that domain) - see if you get a reply then. That'll tell you whether it's a DNS issue or not.