PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Suicide

on in an hour!
06-10-2008, 19:38
VM are to increase their install/self install/other work charges.
from 08/10/08:
it will cost you £60 for an install (up from £30)
£25 for a self-install (where they post it to you if youve had cable in your house before)
£99 for other work charge i.e. if you want your box/modem moving or an additional telephone socket,or any visit of that nature from a tech (up from £75) this includes people who accidentally damage their cable and require a visit,this will also include a £30 call-out charge from the service tech.
talk about timing!!! :( :( :(

WHISTLED
06-10-2008, 20:40
Why? Same as other providers

Halcyon
06-10-2008, 20:51
£25 for a self-install

£25 for a service you do yourself !? :td: :shocked:

Ernie_C
07-10-2008, 09:50
£25 for a service you do yourself !? :td: :shocked:

There is still work involved at Virgin Media's end to process your order, package and send it, etc.

brundles
07-10-2008, 10:16
Working on the theory that this removes the overhead previously included in monthly subs, will we be seeing a reduction in bills to mirror the change in billing profile?

Probably at about the same time as a pig crash lands on our roof...

Kymmy
07-10-2008, 10:25
A lot of ADSL ISP's as well as charging you for the modem also charge for activation.... So yes this does bring VM inline with most other ISP's, but still a lot cheaper than the £125 standard fee BT has for line installs

richard1960
07-10-2008, 10:28
According to the sky website a standard install is £60.

http://packages.sky.com/buy/?CMP=KNC-UKesalesSearch

So vm are only charging the same,so i take it sky must also be on the commercial suicide path then!;)

on in an hour!
07-10-2008, 17:38
VM are to increase their install/self install/other work charges.
from 08/10/08:
it will cost you £60 for an install (up from £30)
£25 for a self-install (where they post it to you if youve had cable in your house before)
£99 for other work charge i.e. if you want your box/modem moving or an additional telephone socket,or any visit of that nature from a tech (up from £75) this includes people who accidentally damage their cable and require a visit,this will also include a £30 call-out charge from the service tech.
talk about timing!!! :( :( :(
EDIT:the £60 is the charge for a priority manned install,up from £45.

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

Why? Same as other providers
EXACTLY :erm: in the current climate wouldnt you be more encouraged (as a new sub) to go for the cheapest installation cost from a provider?? for pretty much the same thing,my point is that cable has always been known to be cheap to get installed,i just thought it was horrendous timing considering all thats going on,im not against a price hike per se,just the timing has me perplexed :(

Toto
07-10-2008, 17:40
EDIT:the £60 is the charge for a priority manned install,up from £45.

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

EXACTLY :erm: in the current climate wouldnt you be more encouraged (as a new sub) to go for the cheapest installation cost from a provider?? for pretty much the same thing,my point is that cable has always been known to be cheap to get installed,i just thought it was horrendous timing considering all thats going on,im not against a price hike per se,just the timing has me perplexed :(

It is horrendous timing, but the current economic problems are also affecting ISP's in its service delivery as well as the end user, particularly where margins are tight.