PDA

View Full Version : Help for additional point

Cashpot
05-10-2008, 21:46
Please forgive me if I get the protocol wrong, I am new to all this.

My son is renting a room in a house that already has Virgin media i.e. TV, Phone and Broadband (on the lowest package). The landlord has arranged for him to have an extra TV box installed in his room in a couple of weeks.

So my questions are...

1) Will the new box have both TV as well as Broadband Sockets? - He is remember being put on as an extra point on the SAME account.

2) Is he able to ask for a broadband socket? His wireless signal from the home wireless router is truly dreadful so a wired socket would be great.

3) What cable is needed to connect the TV to the Virgin TV box and is it suppled by Virgin?

Any other help or suggestions greatfully received.

Oh yes he is paying the £30 installation fee plus the extra £10 or so per month to the landlords but this is on the LANDLORDS Virgin account. Just in case this is relavant.

Many thanks. Rob

MovedGoalPosts
05-10-2008, 21:53
Only one broadband modem is possible per household account. Thus any new "point" that is added is for a TV Set Top Box.

For broadband, assuming the house already has this service, a router should be added by the customer, to the existing modem. This can be wireless, or ethernet cable run from the router to the various rooms. The broadband is thus shared between all the users in the house.

Cashpot
05-10-2008, 21:55
Many thanks, that is rather what I thought. Sorry if I put the original posting in the wrong place. Any other suggestions for when VM engineer visits?