PDA

View Full Version : Cable Cut - Engineer No Show

Markjp
03-10-2008, 18:24
Hi

I like others here I accidently cut through the cable to our house when digging over the front border.

We had a temporary repair done back in early Sept and that engineer booked us in for a new cable to be laid yesterday 2 Oct. However know one showed up :mad: When my wife phoned CS they said they had no record of a booking being made. They logged a customer complaint and said someone would phone us within 24 hours. Well suprise suprise they haven't! I phoned back this evening and now I'm being told that I should waith 72 hours for a call back.

Does anyone know what the official response time is for a customer complaint?

Is there any other route I can take to get the cable replaced?

Regards

Mark

fixerman
04-10-2008, 22:01
Hi

I like others here I accidently cut through the cable to our house when digging over the front border.

We had a temporary repair done back in early Sept and that engineer booked us in for a new cable to be laid yesterday 2 Oct. However know one showed up :mad: When my wife phoned CS they said they had no record of a booking being made. They logged a customer complaint and said someone would phone us within 24 hours. Well suprise suprise they haven't! I phoned back this evening and now I'm being told that I should waith 72 hours for a call back.

Regards

Mark

The coaxial cable should be incased in a green flexible conduit to give it mechanical protection. Was this the situation in your garden? If not the break is down to them as the cable was not properly protected. It is reasonable to expect people to dig over their gardens.

on in an hour!
05-10-2008, 00:08
Hi

Regards
mark

,if you PM your Acc No i can have a look tomorrow if anythin was booked to be done at your address, then we can take it from there ;)

Markjp
07-10-2008, 21:51
Well no suprises, have been waiting for 5 days (120 hours) for a call from CS and nothing.

What do I have to do to get this resolved!

My last bad experience of CS was 2 years ago when it was NTL and so far they don't seem to be any better under Virgin.

Can anyone help?

Mark

MovedGoalPosts
07-10-2008, 23:36
Have you phoned again? What are CS saying? Have they rebooked the cable replacement and given you a new date?

Feenix
07-10-2008, 23:44
If the cable has been repaired, this is usually a permanent repair and a replacement cable will not be required.

Markjp
08-10-2008, 21:41
Contacted CS again tonight. They apologised for the fact the no one had phoned me but couldn't tell me why!

Anyway I got bounced back between faults and CS each one saying they needed to speak to the other to get authorisation for an engineer to come out to replace the cable. Eventually after a lot of wrangling they agreed to book an engineer, but they couldn't confirm that this would be to replace the cable! They said they would find out and phone me back within half an hour. Well that was over 2 hours ago and I've had no call.

I wasted well over half an hour on the phone and I dont feel I've got anywhere, I don't suppose I will ever get a call back. Seems like a tactic they use just to end the call.

To answer 'Feenix' The original engineer said the repair was temporary and agreed to arrange for the cable to be replaced. We are already experiencing a buzzing noise on the telephone which has got worse since it has been raining the last few days. Part of the cable has been wrapped in insulating tape but part of the individual telephone wires are exposed.

I really don't know what to do next. I cant afford to spend 30mins plus every night on to CS going round and round in circles.:mad:

Mark

Chris
08-10-2008, 21:44
Contacted CS again tonight. They apologised for the fact the no one had phoned me but couldn't tell me why!

Anyway I got bounced back between faults and CS each one saying they needed to speak to the other to get authorisation for an engineer to come out to replace the cable. Eventually after a lot of wrangling they agreed to book an engineer, but they couldn't confirm that this would be to replace the cable! They said they would find out and phone me back within half an hour. Well that was over 2 hours ago and I've had no call.

I wasted well over half an hour on the phone and I dont feel I've got anywhere, I don't suppose I will ever get a call back. Seems like a tactic they use just to end the call.

To answer 'Feenix' The original engineer said the repair was temporary and agreed to arrange for the cable to be replaced. We are already experiencing a buzzing noise on the telephone which has got worse since it has been raining the last few days. Part of the cable has been wrapped in insulating tape but part of the individual telephone wires are exposed.

I really don't know what to do next. I cant afford to spend 30mins plus every night on to CS going round and round in circles.:mad:

Mark

Did you reply to 'ON In An Hour's request for you to send him a Private Message containing your account details? He is a Virgin Media employee and can be trusted to treat your information sensitively. And he ought to be able to short-cut the process for you.

Markjp
08-10-2008, 22:13
Chris

Yes I did but Ive heard nothing back.

Mark

on in an hour!
09-10-2008, 17:04
Chris

Yes I did but Ive heard nothing back.

Mark
sorry mark,have only just read your PM,theres a couple now in your inbox. ;)

Markjp
11-10-2008, 13:38
On In an Hour has given me some good advice, but unfortunately he can't help me any further because he is based in the NW and I am in the South.

"hi mark,
have just checked your acc,there has been no work booked on your acc since 05/09 which was the fault techs visit.i am in the NW myself and as so cannot do anything locally for you.if you post my findings maybe an employee from your region could do something,failing that you could ring up and say youve spoken to an engineer and you need them to book a 2 man repull as your original cable has had a temp repair,try not to let them send you another fault tech as you will have to wait again for his app.
if you do have to wait for the engineer visit there is an emergency repull procedure he could action in severe cases like yours.
paul. "

Is there a VM employee in the South (I'm in West Sussex) that can help?

Or maybe someone from the Cable Forum team can assist.

Thanks

Mark

JayJay
22-10-2008, 21:00
Just by reading mate sounds like there is an earth contact that will only get worse. You NEED a repull. I would be willing to help but im all the way in the Westcountry :(

Doosra
29-10-2008, 19:58
Hi Mark

shoreham by sea, is that close enough. Sent you a pm

Markjp
29-10-2008, 20:22
Thanks for offers of help.

We finally got our cable replaced on Saturday.

Had to call an engineer out first as we lost our phone completely. That engineer arranged for an urgent repull.

Thanks everyone.

Mark

on in an hour!
30-10-2008, 17:53
Thanks for offers of help.

We finally got our cable replaced on Saturday.

Had to call an engineer out first as we lost our phone completely. That engineer arranged for an urgent repull.

Thanks everyone.

Mark

wooowwhh.....talk about an episode eh mark?? :(
glad to see you got it sorted eventually,a lot of people would have given up the ghost a long time ago pal :angel: