PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Xbox 360 to Samsung SMT-2110C STB

MojoUK
01-10-2008, 22:25
Hi all. Am I right in thinking, as my Samsung STB has an ethernet socket on the back, I can connect to the internet using the STB? If so, is there anything I need to do to be able to use the STB as a modem as well? Have connected the 360 to the box via ethernet cable, but the 360 just keeps refusing to connect to the internet. :shrug:

whydoIneedatech
01-10-2008, 22:30
Hi all. Am I right in thinking, as my Samsung STB has an ethernet socket on the back, I can connect to the internet using the STB? If so, is there anything I need to do to be able to use the STB as a modem as well? Have connected the 360 to the box via ethernet cable, but the 360 just keeps refusing to connect to the internet. :shrug:
If you have a Stand Alone Cable Modem already then your STB cannot be enabled for Broadband plus it only supports up to 6mb speed anyway so you would not get 10mb.

MojoUK
01-10-2008, 22:34
Ah ok. Thanks for the info. Guess I need to invest in a longer ethernet cable lol. :erm:

whydoIneedatech
02-10-2008, 06:24
Ah ok. Thanks for the info. Guess I need to invest in a longer ethernet cable lol. :erm:
You could go Wireless but a longer cable would be more stable for gaming.;)

MojoUK
02-10-2008, 16:46
£60 for a Xbox 360 wireless kit!? I don't think so lol. I'll stick to the good old ethernet cable thanks lol. :D Thanks for the advice whydoIneedatech. :)