PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media ridicules prices

Florence
01-10-2008, 13:06
I left VM some 5 months ago due to responses I had about Phorm, I do not agree with my internet being intercepted for commercial gain..

Why does VM need to even think about pimping customers clicks, why a company with shady past?

Well one reason might be the prices they are using to try and get people to sign up since I left I am getting unwanted post from them regularly..
Latest one offers:

Internet Medium £4.50 for 12 months then £9
Large £8 for first 6 months then £16
Extra large £10 a month for 6 months then £20

Maybe if VM gave customers the service they pay for, UK call center they wouldn’t need to pimp customers clicks..
These prices will only cause issues on the already over subscribe areas, make some loyal customers wonder why they bother being loyal. I have been loyal customer you can only kick them so much before they kick back..

I wouldn’t go with any ISP that is thinking of using Phorm on the network even if the connection was offered free I wouldn’t sell my privacy something while I was with VM they didn’t seem to understand....

Ernie_C
01-10-2008, 13:14
Internet Medium £4.50 for 12 months then £9
Large £8 for first 6 months then £16
Extra large £10 a month for 6 months then £20

What you forgot to add was that the "after-promotional period" price is the STANDARD PRICE based on the 2 for £20 package (broadband and phone).

Florence
01-10-2008, 13:16
I have no intentions of returning to VM and wish they would stop spamming me with offers, they knew why I left since I left I have had better service, faster speeds and no slowing down in the evening till after midnight..

haydnwalker
01-10-2008, 13:45
What you dont know is that - with the new 21C Network BT are building, once all of those services are live - ANY ISP may choose to use phorm (as BT were thinking about releasing such systems as wholesale). That is in no way set in stone and would be a few years of yet though.

Sirius
01-10-2008, 14:00
I have no intentions of returning to VM and wish they would stop spamming me with offers, they knew why I left since I left I have had better service, faster speeds and no slowing down in the evening till after midnight..

Then call them and say you want putting on the no contact list. Trust me BT and most other companys do exactly the same. I still get spammed by BT even after 10 years

I left VM some 5 months ago due to responses I had about Phorm, I do not agree with my Internet being intercepted for commercial gain..

Why does VM need to even think about pimping customers clicks, why a company with shady past?

Your not a customer of VM anymore so how can what VM do affect you.

Well one reason might be the prices they are using to try and get people to sign up since I left I am getting unwanted post from them regularly..
Latest one offers:

So this had nothing to do with PHORM or

Are you saying VM are offering those prices in conjunction with PHORM

what i want to know is why you decide to bring up PHORM over something that has nothing what so ever to do with Phorm , you are NOT a VM customer and what VM and PHORM do is not your problem.

xspeedyx
01-10-2008, 15:03
I understand all other ISP's use the BT network so if BT have phorm on there servers will this not effect the other companies

Bonglet
01-10-2008, 20:56
Bt couldnt thrust phorm onto other companies without them wanting it, who in there right mind would want it?.
Does anyone on this forum actually want it?.

Florence
02-10-2008, 15:33
Then call them and say you want putting on the no contact list. Trust me BT and most other companys do exactly the same. I still get spammed by BT even after 10 years

I will do that since I have no wish to ever return to VM.

Your not a customer of VM anymore so how can what VM do affect you.
I left in April after contacting VM on many occasions about the plans to implement phorm, the only reason I left was due to Phorm I lost trust in VM as a company. As my first post says;
<I left VM some 5 months ago due to responses I had about Phorm, I do not agree with my internet being intercepted for commercial gain..>

So this had nothing to do with PHORM or

Look above.

Are you saying VM are offering those prices in conjunction with PHORM

No I was saying if they charged the correct prices they wouldn’t need to sell customers clicks

what i want to know is why you decide to bring up PHORM over something that has nothing what so ever to do with Phorm , you are NOT a VM customer and what VM and PHORM do is not your problem.
The reason for me leaving was due to phorm so a connection mind not surprised that you didn’t read the post jut saw phorm and forgot to read the whole post.

I understand all other ISP's use the BT network so if BT have phorm on there servers will this not effect the other companies

Incorrect BT sells ADSL two ways one is managed where you are in the same servers as BT retail customers which for 21cn is WBMC then there is the route for those who have their own centrals, servers who buy from BT wholesale on 21cn these use the WBC. The managed has the ability to add in enhancements which is BT’s words for things Phorm do DPI. WBC cannot have Phorm added unless the company that has the centrals decides to join.

My last word on this thread I am removing it so will not get any notices for replies.

Ignitionnet
02-10-2008, 16:02
Bt couldnt thrust phorm onto other companies without them wanting it, who in there right mind would want it?.
Does anyone on this forum actually want it?.

BT would be up before Ofcom if they tried. They have to treat all ISPs equally and deliver packets to them unmolested beyond ATM rate shaping where there is congestion.

whydoIneedatech
02-10-2008, 19:41
How can Virgin spam you unless you gave them your new email address, or did you never use the email address they provided with the service.

Chris
02-10-2008, 19:50
Not being funny Flo, but whose prices are they ridiculing?

Or did you mean "Virgin Media: ridiculous prices"?

Raistlin
02-10-2008, 19:52
Funny thing that, I was just about to post exactly the same question.

whydoIneedatech
02-10-2008, 19:54
I get charged ridiculous prices:D

hokkers999
04-10-2008, 20:00
What you forgot to add was that the &quot;after-promotional period&quot; price is the STANDARD PRICE based on the 2 for £20 package (broadband and phone).

Don't think that's correct. I have broadband and phone (unlimited calls, 2nd line). My internet is 2meg and I am paying £18 for it. Are you suggesting that I am being overcharged to the tune of 100% ??

Ernie_C
06-10-2008, 10:11
Don't think that's correct. I have broadband and phone (unlimited calls, 2nd line). My internet is 2meg and I am paying £18 for it. Are you suggesting that I am being overcharged to the tune of 100% ??

No - what I am saying is that EVERYONE gets billed £18 for BB M. It's the discount line in your bill which determines your 'nominal price'.

So 2 for £20 is BB M and Phone M billed as follows:

BB M £18
Phone M £11
Bundle discount -£8
ebilling discount -£1
Total £20

The standard prices for ALL services ALWAYS appear on the bill and are then discounted to give the total bill for each situation.

In the above example, a marketing person could choose how to 'sell' this deal.

Say 2Mb BB for £9 when taken with our phone;
or Phone for £2 when you buy our 2Mb BB;
etc