PDA

View Full Version : Moving house

smiffy92
01-10-2008, 12:11
Hi all,

I'm moving house in a couple of weeks and thought I'd downgrade my services to save some money.

I asked for just the phone and 2mbit BB and was told I would have to pay £21 - I enquired as to why I couldn't get it for 16.50 like on the special offers on their web page and was told I had to pay more because I was an existing customer.

When I asked if I could disconnect and then re-connect as a new customer I was told because I'd been a previous customer it would take 6 months to re-connect me as they'd need to carry out credit checks??? Is this true - do they really take 6 months?

I'm seriously considering moving because at the 20 quid price point theres more tempting offers out there.

Cheers

Smiffy

HSp8
01-10-2008, 12:18
I thought you got a brand new 12 month contract when you moved and re-connected - that's what happened to me last year

I think they do work to 6 months if you cancel a contract that has gone past 12 months, but want a new contract - I guess it's to stop people cancelling and getting a new contract every 12 months - don't hink it has anythong to do with credit checks