PDA

View Full Version : Newark, Nottinghamshire issues?

therock247uk
30-09-2008, 18:33
Anyone elses Internet in this area gone down mine has two times this week for a number of hours when i rang 150 they said they knew about the issue and are worknig to resolve it (nets back here for now) but I see nothing on the service stats site...

beasty54
30-09-2008, 18:39
I'm in Lincoln and my connection was dead for 2 hours this afternoon, family in newark had the same problem.

joglynne
30-09-2008, 19:55
From VM newsgroups.....
Raised : 30 Sep, 2008 18:29
Name : Scott Walker, Outage Surveillence Team
Ticket Number : 809684
Estimated Resolution : 4 Hours
Priority : P1
Services Affected: Broadband Internet

Description :
Broadband customers in the Grimsby, Cleethorpes,
Lincoln, Humberside, Newark, Mansfield,
Lincolnshire areas may currently be experiencing a
loss of connection to the internet. Our engineers
are investigating this issue.

Virgin Media apologise for any inconvenience
caused.

Virgin Media Technical Support

For more details on service affecting issues, visit our
website at http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

starbeats1
02-10-2008, 13:36
Hi, just joined the forum as ive been having these issues (im in Newark too).
I have noticed something fishy, my problems always start after the STM kicks in.
Ive tested this theory today by downloading enough to trigger it while i have a webpage open. I keep refreshing the page as the trigger approaches but as soon as I hit the trigger (there is a connection drop for a few seconds) then the webpage no longer works one im STM'd

What is weird though is google.co.uk always works but the majority of other sites dont.
It seems to me that the traffic management system could be screwing things up here for some reason, that feasible ?

Cheers.

D.Casey
02-10-2008, 13:58
From VM newsgroups.....

Thanks.

Problem looks quite widespread.

(Grimsby/cleethorpes area here).

starbeats1
02-10-2008, 14:18
Hi, just joined the forum as ive been having these issues (im in Newark too).
I have noticed something fishy, my problems always start after the STM kicks in.
Ive tested this theory today by downloading enough to trigger it while i have a webpage open. I keep refreshing the page as the trigger approaches but as soon as I hit the trigger (there is a connection drop for a few seconds) then the webpage no longer works one im STM'd

What is weird though is google.co.uk always works but the majority of other sites dont.
It seems to me that the traffic management system could be screwing things up here for some reason, that feasible ?

Cheers.

Update.....
It takes about 20 minutes for sites to start working again after the trigger kicks in. hmmmm...

Ignitionnet
02-10-2008, 14:53
There's probably a fibre ring which connects all of those sites to the site they are homed from, Nottingham. It's not an issue between Nottingham and everywhere else as there's no mention of the Nottingham uBRs being broken so sounds like an issue with the ring connecting the hub sites to Notts PoP.

watzizname
02-10-2008, 14:58
Nottingham NG16, alls good n well here..

beasty54
02-10-2008, 15:23
Ive had another hour of no service again today :mad: around 12:30 - 13:30

Ignitionnet
02-10-2008, 16:03
Nottingham NG16, alls good n well here..

Which uBR are you on? What does the connection tab above say?

D.Casey
02-10-2008, 17:02
Been getting less than 2mb (20mb line) since it came back on, I dred to think how bad its going to be later.

Dosnt usually go really bad (20mb down to 1mb) until 6pm

watzizname
03-10-2008, 00:37
****-basf2-0-0-cust**.nott.cable.ntl.com

Ignitionnet
03-10-2008, 11:11
Yer Basford, not listed on the outage report:

Grimsby, Cleethorpes, Lincoln, Humberside, Newark, Mansfield, Lincolnshire areas

Post reported to remove personally identifiable info, nothing personal but some numpties might want to mess with your IP address :)

Sumanji
04-10-2008, 21:24
Nottingham NG7, 10MB definitely not STM'ed - it's been going snail speed since Wednesday evening (about 1.5MB on average even from high speed servers). I wonder what they're up to...

AppleSauce
04-10-2008, 22:19
Getting < 2MB speeds, on 10MB.. I'm in Barnsley.

Also getting frequent drop-outs.. been like this for 2 days now, was fine before.

D.Casey
06-10-2008, 22:12
This fixed yet?

starbeats1
08-10-2008, 14:59
I saw 2 sets of VM engineers at different road side cabinets yesterday afternoon in Newark. Maybe they were fixing something relating to this...I don't know.
My connection has been a lot more stable since the weekend it seems.