PDA

View Full Version : Mail Shot Arrived Today

DerekRothwell
30-09-2008, 18:22
"Mother of all Broadband" from only £4.50 a month!!

Funny how the 10mb (Large) service is being offered at £8.00 a month for 6 months, then £16 a month there after. (Plus £11.00 phone line)

Why the hell am I paying £25 for this very same service????

Virgin certainly know how to reward long standing customers (over 9 years with the same email address, and I find out now that people are paying one third and one half of what I do.

<heads off to check out Be broadband and Sky telly>

MovedGoalPosts
30-09-2008, 18:35
"Mother of all Broadband" from only £4.50 a month!!

Funny how the 10mb (Large) service is being offered at £8.00 a month for 6 months, then £16 a month there after. (Plus £11.00 phone line)

Virgin certainly know how to reward long standing customers (over 9 years with the same email address, and I find out now that people are paying one third and one half of what I do.

<heads off to check out Be broadband and Sky telly>

I've highlighted the relevant bit - by my reckoning your doing OK, assuming you had the phone line installed, as your £25.00 is less than the £27.00 those customers will end up on.

Lots of companies give initial incentives for sign ups. Frustrating as it is to long term users. It's probably intended to help people get off their backside and make the change from their current comfortable existence :erm:

Ernie_C
30-09-2008, 18:40
EVERYONE is billed £25 for BB L. The difference comes in the various discounts that you get for the package you are on.

bonzoe
30-09-2008, 19:44
Does this interest you http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34/33638601-xl-tv-l-bb-l-phone.html ?

DerekRothwell
30-09-2008, 21:21
My point is that I am billed £25 plus the £11.0 phone line, which is considerably more than some people pay as new customers. Virgin seem to, in my opinion, simply view existing customers of long standing in paticular, as a cash cow. If they are able to offer far lower billing to new clients, then surely they must be making extremley high margin off those of us on full rate.

Irritating to say the least.

Perhaps more peple like myself need to get a bit morehard nosed, and confront Virgin, with threats to take custom elsewhere.

clayts
30-09-2008, 21:40
That's what a lot of us do ;)

Just ring up retentions and ask them if they can do you a good deal - you may be pleasantly surprised....

Hugh
30-09-2008, 22:23
My point is that I am billed £25 plus the £11.0 phone line, which is considerably more than some people pay as new customers. Virgin seem to, in my opinion, simply view existing customers of long standing in paticular, as a cash cow. If they are able to offer far lower billing to new clients, then surely they must be making extremley high margin off those of us on full rate.

Perhaps more peple like myself need to get a bit morehard nosed, and confront Virgin, with threats to take custom elsewhere.
But remember, your threat may have to be fulfilled (or withdrawn) - why confront, when you can ask nicely. ;)

kpanchev
30-09-2008, 23:28
Why do you need to ask, just tell them you're leaving. If they say ok, leave, then book a new installation and get all the discounts as a new customer.

whydoIneedatech
01-10-2008, 07:51
Why do you need to ask, just tell them you're leaving. If they say ok, leave, then book a new installation and get all the discounts as a new customer.
Disconnection takes 30 days and to become a New customer takes 6 months from that disconnection date, so a cunning plan.:D

kpanchev
01-10-2008, 11:04
Disconnection takes 30 days and to become a New customer takes 6 months from that disconnection date, so a cunning plan.:D
Don't you have a relative or something that you could put the new account to? I have been doing this for the last 2-3 years, switching between my wife and myself, never had a problem.

xspeedyx
01-10-2008, 11:21

Yeah because ONLY Virgin offer new customer deals, every company does it go to Sky and when your NEW customer deal has ended make another thread complaining you have to pay for a service you recieve

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

Its not 6 months its 3 months

southwell
01-10-2008, 12:30
Im on BB L and Phone for £22.50, i was assured it was a permanent price too....I got it before they were doing these new deals.

Gary L
01-10-2008, 12:42

I know someone who disconnected, and made an enquiry online a few days later. someone from Virgin called them and he told them that he'll only have them back if he gets the same discount as what a lot of others are getting.

He got the discounted price without any negotiating. they need the customers so will give it you virtually at any reasonable price.
not a way to run a business but that's how it is.

moiraf100
01-10-2008, 12:51
"My point is that I am billed £25 plus the £11.0 phone line,"

I'm sure you get a discount with that.

When I was on 2 for £20 with M BB and phone (£18 for BB + £11 or whatever for the phone) less £9 discount.
L BB is an extra £7, so you should only be paying £27 give or take.

Zhadnost
01-10-2008, 13:04
you could always phone billing up and ask them, that's how I got a £2/month phone line.

on in an hour!
01-10-2008, 17:57
no need for any of the desperate measures mentioned on this thread,VM are actively (mail-drops,cold calls,service tech visits) trying to get people on a bundle,to either keep them paying the same money but getting more for it,or in the case of a hell of a lot of upsell/cross sell through service visits saving customers money and getting them more.ring them and enquire if you can get yourself a deal.they really are trying,honest.;)