PDA

View Full Version : sky plus remote control

painterman
30-09-2008, 16:34
I have an amstrad sky plus box everything works ok apart from the red,green,yellow and blue buttons on the remote control all other buttons work ok. Can anyone help.

Raistlin
30-09-2008, 16:35
Have you tried changing the batteries?

painterman
30-09-2008, 18:05
have just changed batteries still the same

Raistlin
30-09-2008, 18:51
If you're within your first 12 months I'd give Sky a call and get them to send you a new one.

If you're not then get yourself down to Argos and buy a new one, if that one suffers the same problem then it's the box (and you can take the remote back to Argos under their gaurentee), if that solves it then it was the remote and you should be back in business again.

painterman
30-09-2008, 19:14
thanks will try a new one

charlie456300
26-08-2009, 23:42
i have a problem with a skyplus remote it is new and new batterys i cant get it to work with the skyplus box there is a red light on the remote controller but no light on the box appears if i take it to my other sky box it works the skyplus etc ok yet it is new and has not been programmed to any of my other sky boxes ok sky sent signal to the box and said that they have checked out all the functions from there end to the box and it works fine however the remote still wont work with the sky plus box so i cant use the remote at all please help me

Mick Fisher
27-08-2009, 02:13
i have a problem with a skyplus remote it is new and new batterys i cant get it to work with the skyplus box there is a red light on the remote controller but no light on the box appears if i take it to my other sky box it works the skyplus etc ok yet it is new and has not been programmed to any of my other sky boxes ok sky sent signal to the box and said that they have checked out all the functions from there end to the box and it works fine however the remote still wont work with the sky plus box so i cant use the remote at all please help me
Could you have you pressed the TV button on the remote while trying to use it with the sky+ box by any chance?

Make sure to press the Sky button first and then try it.

charlie456300
27-08-2009, 08:47
hi no i havent pressed the tv button ok there is no light on the box when i press the remote ok there is a light on the remote controller ok

paul gprdpn
02-11-2010, 07:34
hi i have a main sky box and other tvs running off magic eyes. the tv with the sky box works fine, however the other sky controllers are not working properly as the down scroll button does not work, and neither does the information button. please can you help