PDA

View Full Version : Router registration

neogam
30-09-2008, 16:24
hi when im trying to connect to internet through wifi i get this screen

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=17004&stc=1&d=1222788239

and i dont know what to input
especially Router Password:

internet works fine when i connect it through cable straight from modem

Stuart
30-09-2008, 16:30
:welcome: to the forum.

I don't have a VM router, so this is just a guess..

However, I think that the router is asking you to set up your wireless network. The SSID is the name that will appear in Windows Wireless network list. The passphrase is a password you wish to use to access the network.

Don't know what to put for Router Password.

CHiLL
30-09-2008, 16:38
Name (SSID) - The name that your router will be displayed as by you and others searching for wireless devices.

Security Passphrase (WPA-PSK) - The password / security code you wish to put on the router, so people can't access it willy nilly. Preferably something with letters & numbers and maybe even capital letters.

Channel - The channel frequency that your router will transmit on. (Not 100% sure)

Router password - Create a new one, unless you've already had to create one for the router. So people can't hard access the router and change any settings. Don't make it the same as the WPA password, but use numbers/letters and maybe capitals in some places.

neogam
30-09-2008, 16:51
thanx i finally have wireless :dunce:

whydoIneedatech
30-09-2008, 16:52

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=17004&stc=1&d=1222788239

connect your laptop direct to the router in port 1to 4>open internet explorer>in the address bar put http://192.168.1.1/ when the login screen appears put in the username : virgin and the passphrase : password> the Netgear router page will now appear, down the left side click on Wireless settings>now name your network, something you remember and replace the passphrase with a new one at least 8 characters long and click apply, wait for it to finish updating and close the page.
disconnect cable from laptop and router, ensure inbuilt wireless switched on, go to system tray and look for connect to a network icon ( not the virgin icon ) click it and find your network name, click connect put in your passphrase and when it says connected open a browser page and you should be connected.
------------------------------------------------------------

kpanchev
30-09-2008, 16:54

Somebody has not read the instructions that came with the router!!! ;) It might be useful to read them BEFORE you post here, it helps, believe me!