PDA

View Full Version : Ex Directory

cerifamily
29-09-2008, 22:35
How can I make my Virgin Residential Home Phone number ex directory so it can not be given by Directory Enquiries etc ?
Does Virgin have a Phone book like BT ?

whydoIneedatech
29-09-2008, 22:56
How can I make my Virgin Residential Home Phone number ex directory so it can not be given by Directory Enquiries etc ?
Does Virgin have a Phone book like BT ?
Call up on 151 and wait for the phone option and ask them to make you ex- directory.

icklelight
01-10-2008, 01:19
or dial 150 (CMC) and do the same.... its more a CMC issue than a faults thing :D

Raistlin
01-10-2008, 08:46
Don't forget that when your phone number is entered in the 'directory' it is then passed to all the directory enquiry companies.

Making your number ex-directory after the event only serves to remove it from the phone provider's master directory and any future directories that they issue, until the directory enquiry companies refresh their directories your number will still be listed with them.

BenMcr
02-10-2008, 13:21
The removal from the online and 118 service should be done within a couple of days of the ex-directory request.

Obviously the paper phone book gets updated next time it is printed.

Also, if your number is on marketing lists now, even if you make it ex-directory, it may not stop new companies phoning. So I would also suggest registering with the TPS www.tpsonline.org.uk (http://www.tpsonline.org.uk)