PDA

View Full Version : Configuration File

CIS
18-09-2008, 13:04
Configuration File - fd;kfoA,.iye

Normal?

Fatec
18-09-2008, 13:05
Some areas now have encrypted configs yes, though it should not show as that unless your using a cloned modem...

Jonathan90
18-09-2008, 17:48
Omg you know what thats whati call busted lol

whydoIneedatech
18-09-2008, 19:51
I presume that the OP is an EX-Telewest customer as I have a Motorola SB5100 and can see my encrypted config file in my logs as well.

CIS
18-09-2008, 21:29
EX-Telewest, yes.

junouk
18-09-2008, 21:34
i get that to am in ex cable

whydoIneedatech
18-09-2008, 22:11
EX-Telewest, yes.
They are now encrypted to try and stop cloning of modems so do not worry its normal on a Telewest modem.

PAYNEARDO
18-09-2008, 22:22
They are now encrypted to try and stop cloning of modems so do not worry its normal on a Telewest modem.

Cool sooner they can stop these cloned modems the better, you never know the speed might even improve ;) :o: :) :angel: :p:

Lets get it across the whole of VM !!

junouk
18-09-2008, 22:27
thay wont stop clone modems by doin that to macs, thir many mac scanners out that gets passed that, but roll out 50mb i say be nice on 2x50mb modems

Ignitionnet
18-09-2008, 22:30
Does the previous post come in something approaching English?

I'm guessing you are someone who just buys someone else's handiwork - this will certainly force other methods to be devised, simple MAC cloning won't work and MAC 'scanners' don't get past it.

50Mbit should be considerably harder fortunately and well, well beyond the capacity of the average ebay buying idiot, and the people who confuse signed DOCSIS config files with MAC addresses :)

Virgin Media finally catching up with most other cable companies in having something approaching security.

eth01
18-09-2008, 22:33
Does the previous post come in something approaching English?

I'm guessing you are someone who just buys someone else's handiwork - this will certainly force other methods to be devised, simple MAC cloning won't work and MAC 'scanners' don't get past it.

50Mbit should be considerably harder fortunately and well, well beyond the capacity of the average ebay buying idiot :)

Virgin Media finally catching up with most other cable companies in having something approaching security.

lol.

idiots. nice.

junouk
18-09-2008, 22:34
no them guys on ebay selling cloned modems etc are idiots in time they be caught
but thir is mac scanners that scans in ranges and dont get them encrypted configs
but wen 50mb comes out some bright spark fined way round it even new 256 modems been done

Ignitionnet
18-09-2008, 22:38
no them guys on ebay selling cloned modems etc are idiots in time they be caught
but this is mac scanners that scans in ranges and dont get them encrypted configs
but wen 50mb comes out some bright spark fined way round it even new 255 modems been done

Just as well the 256 has come out :)

Only the 'encrypted configs' are allowed on areas that have it enabled. You will not be able to use the old configs on them once the migration is complete. Kinda pointless rolling it out otherwise. ;)

When some bright spark finds a way around any future security chances are they'll keep it to themselves rather than lose it so that a load of gimboids can acquire modems from ebay and then follow 'Cable modem hacking for dummies' guide.

I'm guessing that you don't hack yourself, being unable to spell four letter words like 'when' and 'find' makes typing console commands potentially tricky.

junouk
18-09-2008, 22:40
the 256 has been done lol by Admin edit (Chris): Discussion of illegal activity removed.
no i dont hack sorry but reason i cant spell is i never went school no need to be bitch and take the **** ok

Ignitionnet
18-09-2008, 22:42
Which mercifully sets the barrier high enough that most idiots won't be able to do it.

In any case of course there'll always be people who play games with it, so long as it's kept to a minimum rather than the present silly state it's all good. Once more than two braincells and the ability to be able to spell four letter words are required in order to play games with cable it's all good.

Hopefully that won't be long. Less people using bandwidth illegitimately the better the case for paying customers to get better upload / download.

thay wont stop clone modems by doin that to macs, thir many mac scanners out that gets passed that, but roll out 50mb i say be nice on 2x50mb modems

Not sure how you're planning on getting 2 x 50Mbit modems running without hacking, VM don't provision more than one modem per address, and I don't remember VM offering a 30/2 service like the one your speedtest and posts claim you have.

Anyway it's all academic and I give this thread a life expectancy in the minutes :D

junouk
18-09-2008, 22:47
all you need is Admin edit (Chris): Discussion of illegal activity removed.

Chris
18-09-2008, 22:55
Right, I've seen enough. There will be NO MORE discussion of theft of cable service, in this or any other thread. I have a nice bowl full of infraction-flavour sweeties for anyone who finds it impossible to comply with this warning.

Fatec
18-09-2008, 23:05
50Mbit should be considerably harder fortunately and well, well beyond the capacity of the average ebay buying idiot, and the people who confuse signed DOCSIS config files with MAC addresses :)

Harder yes, but it's already been hacked, just hasnt leaked to the mass public yet.

Though VM have something up their sleeves to hit back hard at them :)

Too little, too late.

As for the 30/2, it's 2x20Mbit business tier packages (as you'll max out at 30 with 2 modems).

Guess all the cloners are now back on here.

Ignitionnet
18-09-2008, 23:14
Harder yes, but it's already been hacked, just hasnt leaked to the mass public yet.

Though VM have something up their sleeves to hit back hard at them :)

Indeedy, but at least it's not leaked yet.

Need a Magnavolt Lethal Response style thing. Few hundred thousand volts up the khazi when messing with modems ;)

Too little, too late.

As for the 30/2, it's 2x20Mbit business tier packages (as you'll max out at 3 with 2 modems).

Guess all the cloners are now back on here.

Splendid :)