PDA

View Full Version : Student Packs?

Doono
18-09-2008, 11:29
Does anyone know if virgin supply any student contracts? Basically my friends and I are moving into a private house this year at university and our street is cabled and due to our distance from the exchange cable would be our best option.
However we wont be living in the house for the full 12 months, is there options available for students to say get 20Mb on a 9 month contract?

Stabhappy
18-09-2008, 22:07
I've just moved to a new property myself - unfortunately, there is no such thing as a shorter contract - you'll just have to bite the bullet.

Hey, who knows, if you enjoy your place you might find yourself wanting to stay there during the summer.

WHISTLED
18-09-2008, 22:11
Not any more, ntl: did 10 month stinky contracts...

edit: student contracts

Kymmy
18-09-2008, 22:11
I think though that the remaining contract can be bought out at about £10 per service, so if you have a XL BB you won't end up paying XL BB prices for the last couple of months.. I'm sure that someone will confirm either way

Nedkelly
18-09-2008, 22:20
Yes i has heared that the no longer do short contracts for students .Anyone from sales on here ? Can you do what kymmy said .I know they do it for the RAF as we have a Base cabled up and they can get posted at short notice but not sure about others :)

Doono
30-09-2008, 16:53
Thanks for the replies guys, we ended up getting it anyway, just going to downgrade to the lowest package at the end of the year to keep costs down. Connections brilliant anyway getting the full 2500KB's download speeds when we arn't shaped :)

Stabhappy
30-09-2008, 18:00
Same scenario as me and two housemates, then. Enjoy it - we are.