PDA

View Full Version : Phone and Broadband Not Working (Belfast)

animal6
18-09-2008, 09:55
HI I was wondering if somone could advise me. I live in Belfast (BT17) and all my services went down on Sunday night (the cabinet was vandalilsed). The tv is now working but the same cannot be said for the phone and broadband. Virgin contacted me yesterday and asked me to check my services. I left work and went home but still no joy and was advised they would send another engineer out. This morning I checked again and still nothing. I contacted them again and they have now said they have to send an engineer to my house this afternoon and I may be charged for it!!! I tried to explain that I hadn't touched anything and it simply wasn't resolved from Sunday but it was like speaking to a brick wall. They have said the engineer will ring me when he gets to my address and I will have to leave work (again!) to meet him.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm sure the fault isn't mine and is with the cabinet!

chickendippers
18-09-2008, 16:03
You'd only be charged for the callout if it turned out you'd dug through the cable or done some dodgy wiring on your property that was causing the fault.

PeteTheMusicGuy
26-09-2008, 10:18
BT17 Are you up in Poleglass then. The cabs get damaged up there all the time. You should be fine :)

animal6
26-09-2008, 10:31
Yep - sorted eventually! Cheers everyone