PDA

View Full Version : O2 can ram it!!

on in an hour!
11-09-2008, 20:53
i will keep this brief:
accepted 18mths contract with o2 jan this year..£25mth..new handset Nokia 6500 slide silver.great looking phone,nice and weighty,solid slide action (in my opinion).from day 1 any ringtone/msg tone/wallpaper or screensaver you applied from the memory card would unexplainably disappear,sometimes lasting days without going,other times hardly hours.it would default to nokia theme/ring & msg tone.
Upshot is i rang them yesterday,fed up with resetting all the time (i have tried reformatting mem card,latest nokia software updates and so on..) i can send it for repair via 2 means they tell me (absolutely NO question will they replace it with a handset of similar value now,not what it was worth when new,as i asked)
1st: go into o2 shop they will send away for repair (min 3 days) meantime they will loan me a handset but only if i pay them £25 deposit for the privilege,i asked but they werent prepared to pay me a similar amount whilst my phone was in their hands,this will have to happen 3 TIMES before they will consider REPLACING the handset and then only with the same nokia 6500!!
2nd:
i can post it off which can take up to 28 days before its returned and this also would have to happen 3 times before they would replace the handset,again with the same 6500 model.
my friend and my sis in law both have 6500's,both are experiencing the same inherent problems,that is that the handset and mem card are constantly losing connectivity,hence the disappearance of things set to the phone,02 advised me
1: change the mem card (they wont send a replacement,even though the original came in the deal,and i know they arent dear,its the principal) 2: this is the best,dont save things to your mem card you may want to later apply to your phone! am i being unreasonable here? i never once lost my rag,even after they last night promised to phone me back today and didnt.
then when i spoke to the same girl from last night she told me the manager who was supposed to phone me tonight wasnt on shift tonight! strange though that after 25 mins in circles with the CS rep the said same manager miraculously appeared on the line.
Your thoughts please.
EDIT: sorry,that wasnt all that brief was it!

zing_deleted
11-09-2008, 21:00
I personally would not apply something as a ring tone or wallpaper from the memory card to the phone just in case this very thing happens. I imagine its a software issue myself. Try moving the applied files to the phone and see if it loses them then

Cerberus
11-09-2008, 21:02
i will keep this brief:
accepted 18mths contract with o2 jan this year..£25mth..new handset Nokia 6500 slide silver.great looking phone,nice and weighty,solid slide action (in my opinion).from day 1 any ringtone/msg tone/wallpaper or screensaver you applied from the memory card would unexplainably disappear,sometimes lasting days without going,other times hardly hours.it would default to nokia theme/ring & msg tone.
Upshot is i rang them yesterday,fed up with resetting all the time (i have tried reformatting mem card,latest nokia software updates and so on..) i can send it for repair via 2 means they tell me (absolutely NO question will they replace it with a handset of similar value now,not what it was worth when new,as i asked)
1st: go into o2 shop they will send away for repair (min 3 days) meantime they will loan me a handset but only if i pay them £25 deposit for the privilege,i asked but they werent prepared to pay me a similar amount whilst my phone was in their hands,this will have to happen 3 TIMES before they will consider REPLACING the handset and then only with the same nokia 6500!!
2nd:
i can post it off which can take up to 28 days before its returned and this also would have to happen 3 times before they would replace the handset,again with the same 6500 model.
my friend and my sis in law both have 6500's,both are experiencing the same inherent problems,that is that the handset and mem card are constantly losing connectivity,hence the disappearance of things set to the phone,02 advised me
1: change the mem card (they wont send a replacement,even though the original came in the deal,and i know they arent dear,its the principal) 2: this is the best,dont save things to your mem card you may want to later apply to your phone! am i being unreasonable here? i never once lost my rag,even after they last night promised to phone me back today and didnt.
then when i spoke to the same girl from last night she told me the manager who was supposed to phone me tonight wasnt on shift tonight! strange though that after 25 mins in circles with the CS rep the said same manager miraculously appeared on the line.
Your thoughts please.
EDIT: sorry,that wasnt all that brief was it!

As I worked for them and yes I stress the word WORKED, this does not surprise me and is basically O2 policy. Although I am surprised it is going to take longer to send by post than take your faulty phone to the store.

it used to be 28 days via the store and 3 day turnaround via post/Parcelforce/DHL.

Also the £25 charge for the use of a loan handset is at the store managers descretion.

My advice is this. Contact your local O2 stores to see what loan handsets they have (usually poor ones btw) and to see if the manager will waiver the fee or even lower it.

Failing that, complain directly to the Complaint Review Service based in Leeds. Details here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22/19881-o2-customer-services-details.html). Best to ring them, they get such a shock when you call them.

I am surprise a firmware update on the handset hasn't fixed it tbh. Usually results in being dodgy firmware.

Let us know how you get on.

Another thing you can do is call Nokia to see what they have to say or take the handset to a Nokia Service Point.

on in an hour!
11-09-2008, 21:05
I personally would not apply something as a ring tone or wallpaper from the memory card to the phone just in case this very thing happens. I imagine its a software issue myself. Try moving the applied files to the phone and see if it loses them then
cheers zing,have just done this b4 i posted,will see how it goes(even though in my frustration i told them i was canx my DD)but should i HAVE to??..again,its the principle,am i getting what im paying for :(

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

As I worked for them and yes I stress the word WORKED, this does not surprise me and is basically O2 policy. Although I am surprised it is going to take longer to send by post than take your faulty phone to the store.

it used to be 28 days via the store and 3 day turnaround via post/Parcelforce/DHL.

Also the £25 charge for the use of a loan handset is at the store managers descretion.

My advice is this. Contact your local O2 stores to see what loan handsets they have (usually poor ones btw) and to see if the manager will waiver the fee or even lower it.

Failing that, complain directly to the Complaint Review Service based in Leeds. Details here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22/19881-o2-customer-services-details.html). Best to ring them, they get such a shock when you call them.

I am surprise a firmware update on the handset hasn't fixed it tbh. Usually results in being dodgy firmware.

Let us know how you get on.
thanks cerberus,
i will ring them tommorrow and post any outcomes/advancements,but they deffo said 3 days from shop,28 in post :)

Cerberus
11-09-2008, 21:06
cheers zing,have just done this b4 i posted,will see how it goes(even though in my frustration i told them i was canx my DD)but should i HAVE to??..again,its the principle,am i getting what im paying for :(

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

thanks cerberus,
i will ring them tommorrow and post any outcomes/advancements,but they deffo said 3 days from shop,28 in post :)

PM me if you get any hassle or want anymore info.

on in an hour!
11-09-2008, 21:09
nice 1..will do..ta.