PDA

View Full Version : installation fee ?

jaymo
10-09-2008, 17:38
hope this in the right place :dunce:

we are already with VM and moving over to there vip package
and wanted the v box we have in the living room moved up to my bedroom and the v+ box put into the living room but will i have to pay them for moving the v box up to my bedroom ?

and we also have BB going from the v box in the living room to my old bedroom
(the cable runs along the outside wall of the house) so could they move the BB into the bedroom where the v box is goin ?

thanks for reading

Ernie_C
10-09-2008, 17:53
Yes, they would do all of that for the VIP install fee of £30. Be sure to tell them when you order that your BB is currently run from your STB and you will need a SACM.

jaymo
10-09-2008, 20:31
cheers

well i just called VM and told them i was thinking of going on the vip package and the man said id have to pay a one off fee of £75 but then after looking me up on there database he said this would not be a £75 fee but £45 are they trying to rip me off or has the cost gone up from £30 to £45 ?

also if im having the my old v box in the same room as my pc can i not just run the BB cable from the V box into my pc ?

sorry but what is SACM :dunce:

jellybaby
10-09-2008, 20:35
SACM = Stand alone cable modem :)

Installation free :)

General: Prices quoted are for payment by Direct Debit and E-billing. Otherwise add £5 (payment handling charge) and £1 respectively. Standard installation is £30. Payment may be required in advance. All prices include VAT. Calls may be monitored.

Taken from http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=11029

jaymo
10-09-2008, 20:52
thanks very much matey :)