PDA

View Full Version : I Have Given Up On Virgin Media

museltof
09-09-2008, 08:20
Recently we went over to Freesat - absolutely brilliant!
But this still left the question of how we would continue with broadband internet - essential for my work.
To be frank, we have become very saddened by Virgin's attitude. By sheer chance we discovered they have been charging us £2 over the rate for their broadband 'L' package for their 'M' system. When we confronted them on the phone about this we just had people who wanted to argue - truly shocking customer service! They even insisted they were only charging for 'M' when we have two monthly invoices in front of us confirming they are charging us £2 more for 'M' than we should be paying for 'L' (according to their current charges taken from their own website).
But the most annoying thing is that though we are very long-standing customers (going back to the old days of CableTel and taking in two house moves), they refused to send me a router which I now need (3 computers in the house). I was told that only 'L' customers get a free router and that we would have to pay £40 for one (by this time I had given up on trying to convince them that we were already paying over the odds for their 'L' service - although I had the proof in front of me).
I said, 'Okay just as a customer loyalty thing can you send us a free router? Look how long we have been faithful customers!'
But I was refused point blank.
During the course of this deeply angering and frustrating phone call, my wife and I spoke to two different people, all speaking with a very strong foreign accent which we really struggled to cope with. Neither of us have anything against people from the Indian sub-continent but these people can be so hard to understand on the phone.

In our local area Virgin have now lost a lot of customers during the last 18 months or so and they don't seem to even care! We were met with such obstinacy on the phone that i had expected a call-back from a senior Virgin official with an apology, or a letter but since neither have occurred, Virgin have now lost us.

Raistlin
09-09-2008, 08:23
Moved from 'Networking' to 'Virgin Media Internet Services'

bonzoe
09-09-2008, 08:36
Unfortunately, a lot of (but not all) the people who work in the off-shore call centres seem to work from a script and will not budge from it, but what can you expect when they are paid peanuts.

Ernie_C
09-09-2008, 09:43
You don't give any numeric information. Detail your bill and services here and someone will explain. You are probably comparing BB only prices with those for BB and Phone and getting confused like everyone else.

museltof
09-09-2008, 10:24
Excuse me sir but I am not getting confused about this at all. Being quite a methodical person I went to their website first to ensure that I knew their current rates. I was also careful to check that these were not special rates for new customers. No, I will not detail it all here again because since we did not receive a follow-up call with some sort of apology nor evan a letter, my wife and I have frankly given up on VM.
I will just say that until the last 12 months or so we never had problems with them.

moaningmags
09-09-2008, 10:31
But this site isn't VM's. It's where people come to for help and where people who work for VM (and people who don't) give their free time to helping solve people's problems with VM.
Why did you post if you don't want help?

icsys
09-09-2008, 13:00
You don't give any numeric information. Detail your bill and services here and someone will explain. You are probably comparing BB only prices with those for BB and Phone and getting confused like everyone else.

The problem isn't people getting 'confused', it's quite simply the obstinance of Virgin Media when it comes to clarity of prices.
But this site isn't VM's. It's where people come to for help and where people who work for VM (and people who don't) give their free time to helping solve people's problems with VM.
Why did you post if you don't want help?
If 'museltof' had wanted help i'm sure he would have asked for it.

dev
09-09-2008, 14:26
Excuse me sir but I am not getting confused about this at all. Being quite a methodical person I went to their website first to ensure that I knew their current rates. I was also careful to check that these were not special rates for new customers. No, I will not detail it all here again because since we did not receive a follow-up call with some sort of apology nor evan a letter, my wife and I have frankly given up on VM.
I will just say that until the last 12 months or so we never had problems with them.

did you file a complaint? if not, how would they know you want an apology/letter? they don't monitor and listen in on every support call!

Ernie_C
09-09-2008, 18:09

That may all be true BUT you have not given anyone here any information that can either confirm or refute that!

If you want help, provide detail; otherwise you might as well have not posted.

BenMcr
09-09-2008, 18:16
By sheer chance we discovered they have been charging us £2 over the rate for their broadband 'L' package for their 'M' system.
I assume you are talking about the website saying

Broadband Size: L and Phone Size: M bundle: <snip> the standard bundle price applies, which is £16 on top of Virgin Phone line of £11 (£27 a month). Offer ends 30th September 2008.

moroboshi
09-09-2008, 22:25
I had a similar experience. I was offered a deal to sign up for Virgin's TV service which I took, then a few months later my bill rose sharply from what was agreed. After arguing with two different CS people eventually I managed to speak to someone who set things right again.

The service is terrible and I won't be staying with Virgin once the contract is up. I'll be going FreeSat.

JethroUK
09-09-2008, 22:44
...I won't be staying with Virgin once the contract is up. I'll be going FreeSat.

Recently we went over to Freesat - absolutely brilliant!....

I was going to do the same because i only ever seem to watch free channels

Until i discovered there was no Freesat HD (upscaled HDMI) recorder avaialble?

Yikes!!!!

i'll stick with V+ until something emerges

moroboshi
09-09-2008, 23:25
I was going to do the same because i only ever seem to watch free channels

Until i discovered there was no Freesat HD (upscaled HDMI) recorder avaialble?

Yikes!!!!

i'll stick with V+ until something emerges

That's true, but I believe one is in development.