PDA

View Full Version : Feeling exhausted?

ginge51
08-09-2008, 16:53
Hi all ;)

Well, I've been working now at my job for a year and 1 month.
I'd say the last 3 months have been weird to say the least.
It's like I'm not physically but mentally exhausted, I'm 29 years old and never ever have i had problems like this before?
It's been going on now for 2 months really badly, i work 2 52 hour weeks and 2 46 hour weeks.
I'm seriously contemplating going to the doctors?
Any1 had similar problems like this before?

Osem
08-09-2008, 16:56
You must be feeling a bit odd 'cos you've posted this in the Internet Discussion section... :D

Seriously though a visit to the doc's and a blood test can't hurt...... Best of luck!

ginge51
08-09-2008, 16:58
You must be feeling a bit odd 'cos you've posted this in the Internet Discussion section... :D

Seriously though a visit to the doc's and a blood test can't hurt...... Best of luck!
True :D , can a mod move it too the right part please?

Jelly Bean
08-09-2008, 16:58
Hey ginge,

This could possibly be stress related.New job,tiredness.

Do you feel under stress or overly tired?

If you are worried I would certainly go to the doctor and he can give you a checkup.Maybe you could have a little aneima and would proberly need a few tablets to help you feel better again.As this can make you feel tired and lifeless and loss of your get up and go.

A simple checkup from your doctor and maybe he will have a blood test done to rule out any issues or determin what the next course of action is.

ginge51
08-09-2008, 17:04
Hey ginge,

This could possibly be stress related.New job,tiredness.

Do you feel under stress or overly tired?

If you are worried I would certainly go to the doctor and he can give you a checkup.Maybe you could have a little aneima and would proberly need a few tablets to help you feel better again.As this can make you feel tired and lifeless and loss of your get up and go.

A simple checkup from your doctor and maybe he will have a blood test done to rule out any issues or determin what the next course of action is.
Thanks for the information mate :)
I think I'll go to the quakes :) , i haven't been for years so I'm due a checkup.
Thanks for the advice mate :)

Jelly Bean
08-09-2008, 17:05
You are most welcome,I am a miss by the way.:)

Honestly I think you are proberly a little run down.

I hate doctors.

ginge51
08-09-2008, 17:11
You are most welcome,I am a miss by the way.:)

Honestly I think you are proberly a little run down.

I hate doctors.
I agree mate :)
I've just been reading bits about exhaustion on the net and It's saying from the description that I'm either suffering from diabetees or simply exhausted and need time off to recover and get back to normal.
I reckon it's the latter.

Jelly Bean
08-09-2008, 17:21
I think you are proberly exausted and a visit to doctor and a few days rest could do you the world of good.

Take a break and relax you are working way to hard.

:)

MovedGoalPosts
08-09-2008, 17:38
Strictly speaking you are exceeding the maximum hours allowed by law which is 48 per week. I'd be having a whinge to your employer ;)

Jelly Bean
08-09-2008, 17:41
I totaly agree there Rob.

Hugh
08-09-2008, 17:49
Strictly speaking you are exceeding the maximum hours allowed by law which is 48 per week. I'd be having a whinge to your employer ;)
I think it is 48 hours per week, averaged over a 17 week period.
DirectGov (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/WorkingHoursAndTimeOff/DG_10029426)

"Your average working hours are calculated over a 17-week period. You can work more than 48 hours in one week as long as the average is less than 48."

Halcyon
08-09-2008, 20:38
In your time working have you had a holiday and actually got away from it all ?
By this I mean a change of surroundings, go somewhere new ?

This can be one of the best things to do to get your head together and switch off from everything.
It also gives you time to think about other possibilitities in life you could try.

WHISTLED
08-09-2008, 21:13
Sounds like stress, I feelt the same at moment - Will be ok after this week.

Jelly Bean
08-09-2008, 21:26
Ok I think we all needa group hug.

HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ramrod
08-09-2008, 21:36
Diabetes? Get checked.....:)

xspeedyx
08-09-2008, 21:48
Good luck dude

@ Jellybean you need to change your name to mrs jellybean

Stuart
08-09-2008, 21:50
Diabetes? Get checked.....:)

Can't hurt, although my cousin was diagnosed as diabetic for years, then all of a sudden, they told him they had misdiagnosed the condition then a few months later decided he was diabetic again..

Osem
08-09-2008, 23:39

....and if so you could call yourself 'Ginge the whinge' :D

Jelly Bean
10-09-2008, 11:45
Good luck dude

@ Jellybean you need to change your name to mrs jellybean

I have been Jelly Bean for two years.Some or many assume I am a dude,lol.

I am a dudette.

Nugget
10-09-2008, 11:47

Well, you can 'opt out'of the 48 hour week, but it's not the most sensible thing to do...