PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool

Matthew
07-09-2008, 00:40
Hi all,

The lass I am currently seeing wants to go to Blackpool to see the illuminations so is going to book the time off work one weekend and we are going for a long weekend, can anyone recommend any places to stay that are reasonably priced and close to the illuminations, I don't want to do much driving when I am there and I am not really willing to use Taxi's!!

Any information would be appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

Mal
07-09-2008, 00:45
My advice would be not to go at all...go somewhere nice ;)

scrotnig
07-09-2008, 00:48
Really the best way to see the lights is in a car so you will *have* to drive quite a bit....plus it's one l;ong traffic jam during the lights.

But ignore the nay-sayers...Blackpool is *great* at illumination time. It has an atmosphere that is unrivalled! Just accept it for what it is and you'll see the benefits.

Mal
07-09-2008, 00:51
Don't ignore the "nay-sayers" ;)

The last time that I went, it was awful. I didn't feel safe at all, come night-time...too many stag/hen parties

scrotnig
07-09-2008, 00:56
Don't ignore the "nay-sayers" ;)

The last time that I went, it was awful. I didn't feel safe at all, come night-time...too many stag/hen parties
Well I went last year and it seemed ok. Admittedly I only went for one night and didn't really "go out"

Sure it's not the lap of luxury but.....oh what the Hell it's a bit of a dump!

Mal
07-09-2008, 01:00
Well I went last year and it seemed ok. Admittedly I only went for one night and didn't really "go out"

Sure it's not the lap of luxury but.....oh what the Hell it's a bit of a dump!You're entitled to your opinion ;)

I just thought that it is full of drunken idiots on the night and I wasn't even drinking.

Matthew
07-09-2008, 01:14
Anything has to be better than been stuck in Grimsby!!

We don't intend on going "out", just want to see the lights, get a meal and have a change from been here :)

Mal
07-09-2008, 01:16

We don't intend on going "out", just want to see the lights, get a meal and have a change from been here :)I was with my family at the time, so my opinion was not formed by being in any pub or club.

homealone
07-09-2008, 01:23

We don't intend on going "out", just want to see the lights, get a meal and have a change from been here :)

Last time we went to Blackpool it didn't seem any more dangerous than the Riverhead & the lights really were worth seeing.

During the day I don't think Blackpool is any different to many 'seaside' resorts - Cleethorpes is looking a bit seedy, lately, for example, but at least the Blackpool Pleasure Beach still has lots of good rides & attractions.

Hope you have a good time :tu:

Caff
07-09-2008, 01:31

Blackpool Illuminations are a 'must see' that I never have.

Went once with a friend for the day - she promised me that it wasn't anything like I'd imagined (Blackpool that is) - but it was...:erm:

I still would like to see the illuminations though...
Heck - I settled for Walsall Illuminations last year :)

mr,m
07-09-2008, 03:23
What a dump,full of yobs and drunks.Lights not what they once where,very boring,the only good bits are the big displays,right at the end.

wwe
07-09-2008, 04:33
we all ready have a blackpool thread here is the link
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22/33616124-blackpool.html