PDA

View Full Version : Installation Help needed

londonw1
06-09-2008, 14:54
I am having a problem with an install and I wonder if I should keep trying.

1st July I move into a newly converted house in W1. I phone up and order the full max pack. Phone BB and Internet all as fast as possible. I tell the sales staff that I can see that there is a Virgin manhole about four yards away from the front of the house. But there is no hatch outside.

They sweetly tell me not a problem and that an install team will deal with it we set a time 12th July for the install team.

12th July Install team arrive. They are mighty ****ed off saying they can do nothing as the conduit to the house needs to be laid. They call it into construction while I listen. They say VM will be in touch within a couple of days. (They explain they are subs paid by successful install done) They paint some yellow arrows on the cobbles.

19th I give it a week then call VM and reach the Indian call centre. They know nothing and say I will get a call within 24 hours.

23rd JUly I call back and they give me a construction number. I phone through and they say it is with construction.

1st August still heard nothing I check the Camden council website and discover that VM have permission for a dig outside the house.

Reference Number [Personal info removed]
Location of Works , [Personal info removed]
Current Status of Works
Start Date 04/08/2008
End Date 06/08/2008
Responsible Company VIRGIN MEDIA
Description of Works excavate c/w to locate & repair blockage in duct (customer off service)
Contact Telephone Number
Emergency Telephone Number
Please quote reference [Personal info removed] when you contact VIRGIN MEDIA

Between the 4th and the 8th No one shows and the road isnt dug.

8th to 21nd August: I call repeatedly talk to various people including installation no joy until I reach someone in installation who tells me all will be done by 6th September.

22nd August I get a call from installation asking to schedule a date I say super but looking out of the window I can see the Arrows are undisturbed and that the work hasn't been done. I tell the nice lady this and she says she will investigate and call back.

5th September I call again. They insist that the work has been done they tell me planning has checked. And schedule an install for the 18th. I get home this morning no work has been done.

Is there any way of reaching anyone in virgin with any authority or is one trapped to only reach the powerless in the call centres. In 12 days time an Install team will arrive and discover no construction has taken place and the whole sorry cycle will start again.

Thoughts!

Maggy
06-09-2008, 16:11
Your personal info has been removed for your protection..