PDA

View Full Version : Speaking in clichés.

joglynne
03-09-2008, 22:39
I have just been having a conversation and realised how often clichés are used. There seems to be one for every occasion, I wondered how many there are and whether it would be possible to have whole conversations using little else.

Any thread would probably be all over the place like a dogs breakfast, but as long as it didn't go to the dogs it could be a golden opportunity that only comes by once in a lifetime to talk utter rubbish.:D

Any one game to have a go?

Charlie_Bubble
03-09-2008, 22:51
You're talking about idiom's.

Nugget
03-09-2008, 22:58

Well, according to most of the threads on here, you're only one consonant out from being spot on ;)

Russ
03-09-2008, 23:01
YOU might say that, I couldn't possibly comment.

Charlie_Bubble
03-09-2008, 23:08
Well, according to most of the threads on here, you're only one consonant out from being spot on ;)

:D

joglynne
03-09-2008, 23:08

Well that just goes to show one man's clichés are another man's idiom's. Searching my brain for the right word I find that you may be dead to rights but if you play your cards right you may find that life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what to expect if you just keep the ball rolling.

Chris
03-09-2008, 23:42
At the end of the day, if this thread's all over the place we can just close it. End of. :p:

joglynne
04-09-2008, 00:05
Oh well what goes around comes around. If the thread bite(s) the dust, or to put it in other words kick(s) the bucket, at the end of the day as long as I've had a run for my money I will live to fight another day. Onwards and upwards as they say.:D

Russ
04-09-2008, 00:07
All's well that ends well then. I'll leave you all to it, as you do.

Cobbydaler
04-09-2008, 00:09
I'm at the end of my tether, this thread is so passé...

joglynne
04-09-2008, 00:21
Now, now Cobby. Calm down it's only an advert, so they say.

Would that be ships that passé in the night or wishing that this too shall passé. You know you mustn't get hot under the collar or else you will never be a picture of health. :D

Scrubbs
04-09-2008, 15:55
Avoid Cliche's like the plague :p:

joglynne
04-09-2008, 16:08
Well Scrubbs a chain is only as strong as its weakest link and if you won't play ball the thread may disappear without a trace so you may have to grit your teeth, play the game or fold your tent and leave.

The ball's in your court. :D

Scrubbs
04-09-2008, 19:17
oohhkay......(rolls up sleeves);)

Now don't Get hold of the wrong end of the stick with a Bee in your bonnet or going and getting an axe to grind and getting wound up like a half shut penknife
I'm just A babe in the woods. and can't see the woods for the trees but I will go with the flow and wake up and smell the coffee. Till finally I was brought down to earth and realised I was caught between a rock and a hard place and had bit off more than I could chew to try and
charm the birds out of trees and make a mountain out of a molehill But...
Every cloud has a silver lining and is coming up roses.
as this prose is looking fresh as a daisy and might not be the cream of the crop. So I am now out of here like a bat out of hell at the crack of dawn to lick my wounds.
And thats all she wrote :)

joglynne
04-09-2008, 19:35
WOW. :clap: Well that makes me feel one tomato short of a good spagetti sauce. You surely know how to gild the lily and with a heavy heart I pass you the crown of glory.

For now, but I'll be back. :D

Scrubbs
04-09-2008, 19:39
(in an arthur askey voice ) ay thank you :smokin: