PDA

View Full Version : warmline calling feature

m419
02-09-2008, 20:55
Does anyone know if Virgin Media are going to expand the availability of the Calling feature called 'Warmline'?Warmline is basically a calling feature that allows you to store a number and when you lift the handset hear the dial tone after about 20 seconds, it will automatically dial a number.Now this is something that we need because my grandmother finds it difficult to press buttons and when i've gone out she can call me this way without pressing any buttons.I know for a fact that its available in some Telewest franchises. It should be available in mine because when you havent dialled a number by 20 seconds, a ring tone appears and then says 'Please replace the handset and try again'. Speed dial is something that would be useful but Telewest pulled the plug on it in my franchise 7 years ago.I'm in the Cable London franchise of Telewest,Virgin Media which covers North London: Camden,Islington,Enfield,Hackney,Harringey,Holborn and Hampstead.Any info would be grateful thanks.

BenMcr
02-09-2008, 22:32
I doubt it until the Soft Switch stuff is rolled out at some point in the next few years.

It currently would cost too much money with not enough to return to invest in new/expanded call features AFAIK

chickendippers
02-09-2008, 22:45
You could get a phone with a memory and program your number in, then your grandmother would only need to press the "M1" button to call you.

BenMcr
02-09-2008, 22:52
Or how about this http://www.m2cshop.com/store/Phone-Guardian-100-Wireless-Emergency-Alarm-Telephone-NEW-Free-Delivery-p-169.html

Not quite what you are looking for but it does:

It also has a wireless pendant to be hung around the neck with a single emergency-button. On pressing the button, the three user-programmed numbers are dialed in sequence with a pre-recorded message, e.g. “Mrs Johns needs assistance at 4, Lever Way. Please press 0 to accept”, this will call each stored number for 1 minute before calling the next until the 0 button has been pressed. Until the phone registered that the 0 button has been pressed, it will continue to dial the numbers in sequence even if it gets through to a voice mail (as the 0 has not been pressed).

Which then activates a speakerphone