PDA

View Full Version : Virgin selling users info, starting price £65.

Gary L
31-08-2008, 11:14
This is very interesting.

Hello support,

Can you supply me with the name/address of the department I need to
write to in order to gain a customer's personal details. Apparently I
can supply an IP address and pay a £65 fee to gain access to the account
details. I can also pay further fees and gain access to more detailed
logs of all that customer's internet activity.

I would like to contact this department and find out the services
available and costs for obtaining such information from VM.

I would also like to know if the more detailed log information is
covered by the Data Protection Act and thus is available under a subject
access request as it seems to be linked to a single account, and thus
part of the personal data maintained by VM on an individual.

Many thanks.

The only information you can request on a customer is information about
yourself. Details of were to obtain this information is in the previous
posts supplied.

No that's not correct. Lawyers have been getting information from VM on
customers based purely on an IP address for a £65 admin fee. I want to
know what services VM offer in this regard in case I or my lawyers wish
to use the same.

I understand that VM made some £18,000 last year from one particularly
notorious legal company via these admin charges, and I want to know what
information is available at what rates in the event of any legal action
I may wish to take against any VM customers based on their IP address.

Is the Data Controller still the correct person to write to for this
information?

moaningmags
31-08-2008, 11:22
Pity he didn't supply a link or proof of this.
Unless it was heard from a friend of a friend of a friend.

I'd have thought this info could only be obtained via court order?

mentalis
31-08-2008, 11:26
I imagine that you can ask for information under the freedom of information act, but I am not sure what Virgin would give you.

TheNorm
31-08-2008, 11:26
Do you have evidence that you can share with us? This clearly contradicts what is written on their website:

Keeping it under our hat

Here at the Virgin Group, we're committed to ensuring that all your personal information that is collected is kept private and protected. We'll make sure that all Virgin Group websites are absolutely secure in their collection and use of your personal information. And all our companies follow the Data Protection Act 1998 and are registered on the public register of data controllers maintained by the Information Commissioner.
You also have complete control over the information stored about you and what types of information, if any, you'd like to receive. Sometimes you may be asked to provide proof of identity before we show you your personal information- that's so we can prevent unauthorised access. We'll keep prying eyes out!

http://www.virgin.com/Legal/PrivacyPolicy.aspx

Kymmy
31-08-2008, 11:31
You'll find that the information is only forthcoming only if a judge has granted access to it. Even then the company can charge for the access (that'll be the £65).

Hugh
31-08-2008, 12:21
So all Gary L's "friend" has to do is get a Judge to grant access - easy-peasy, lemon-squeasy, job's a good 'un.... ;)

BenMcr
31-08-2008, 12:27
You can request you OWN information by writing to Virgin Media for a Data Access Request and enclosing cheque/postal order for £10

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

I imagine that you can ask for information under the freedom of information act, but I am not sure what Virgin would give you.

The FoI act is only for public bodies and the government. It does not apply to private companies

I think what the OP is referring to is Davenport Solicitors and the court injuction they gained to force Virgin for IP addresses and to whom(who?) they referred to,that is being discussed at length here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/25/33611570-have-you-received-letter-davenport-lyons.html

Toto
31-08-2008, 12:58
I think some people are getting bored, they appear to be missing some debate in their lives, LOL.

moaningmags
31-08-2008, 13:01
I posted in the thread (link given by BenMcr) and it applies here also, perhaps the threads could be merged?
I'll repost it:-

Does this then mean VM keep detailed records of who had what IP address, when?
IP addresses are dynamic, 2 customers with the same NIC MAC can and frequently do battle over an IP address. How can they prove who had what, when?

TheNorm
31-08-2008, 13:10
.... How can they prove who had what, when?

I would be surprised if the argument "it wasn't me, m'lud, it was my clone" stands up in court.

It is a bit like having your car flashed by a Gatso then claiming that it wasn't you driving.

moaningmags
31-08-2008, 13:15
I still don't see how VM can prove it.
A NIC MAC used to be unique but that's no longer the case.

Toto
31-08-2008, 13:23

Still is unique when connected to a cable modem, both macs work in harmony to get an IP address.

Sirius
31-08-2008, 13:25

Correct.

http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac/

No this will not let you clone a modem it just lets you change the macc of your nic card so you can change your ip quickly and only if the modem is connected directly to the nic card

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

Hello support,

Many thanks.

posts supplied.

No that's not correct. Lawyers have been getting information from VM on
customers based purely on an IP address for a £65 admin fee. I want to
know what services VM offer in this regard in case I or my lawyers wish
to use the same.

I understand that VM made some £18,000 last year from one particularly
notorious legal company via these admin charges, and I want to know what
information is available at what rates in the event of any legal action
I may wish to take against any VM customers based on their IP address.

Is the Data Controller still the correct person to write to for this
information?

why dont you just come out with whatever you beef is on this ?????

Then the debate can start proper

moaningmags
31-08-2008, 13:26
So why are we seeing an increase of duplicate MACs on the VM network where one customer can't get online as someone else on the same ubr has the same NIC MAC?
Surely if the modem MAC has a part to play both users would get online as they have different modem MACs?

Kymmy
31-08-2008, 13:26
I posted in the thread (link given by BenMcr) and it applies here also, perhaps the threads could be merged?

This thread is about data privacy and the legal implications, the other is about the threat of legal action. It might get a bit confusing if they were merged. The fact that there might be more than one user on a MAC (cloned modems) really should be discussed int he other thread.

moaningmags
31-08-2008, 13:31
Ok Kymmy, but not talking about cloned modems, that's a whole other story.
It's about duplicate NIC MACs and how two people can theoretically share an ip address and how VM would prove who had what when.

Kymmy
31-08-2008, 13:35
No, the whole story in this thread is about whether or not VM is selling customer data to whoever waves £65 quid in thier face :)

The other thread is more about the legal/technical issues..

Gary L
31-08-2008, 13:46
why dont you just come out with whatever you beef is on this ?????

Then the debate can start proper

Ok. is Virgin selling customers details to anyone that pays them the sum of £65 upwards, without the need for a court order?
are they breaking the DPA by divulging information about a customer illegally for the sum of £65 upwards?

Toto
31-08-2008, 13:47
Ok. is Virgin selling customers details to anyone that pays them the sum of £65 upwards, without the need for a court order?
are they breaking the DPA by divulging information about a customer illegally for the sum of £65 upwards?

No, they only release data under a Court Order, or RIPA request to third parties.

cybernetic_tiger
31-08-2008, 13:49
So why are we seeing an increase of duplicate MACs on the VM network where one customer can't get online as someone else on the same ubr has the same NIC MAC?
Surely if the modem MAC has a part to play both users would get online as they have different modem MACs?

The IP address is assigned to the NIC MAC, the MAC address is used by ARP to find the correct host on the cable.

If two users have the same NIC MAC the DHCP server will get confused and it will try to give the same IP address out again (as it believes it to be the same host).

Sirius
31-08-2008, 13:57

Simple send them the £60.00 and let us know :tu:. If they are then they are up the creak without a paddle and open to one hell of a law suit.

Gary L
31-08-2008, 13:59
No, they only release data under a Court Order, or RIPA request to third parties.

Glad we got that sorted out.
I'm a third party, but not part of a team of solicitors. and I have a few £65's.
Do I just send the data controller the cheques, with a list of IP's I want the information on?

cybernetic_tiger
31-08-2008, 14:03
Do I just send the data controller the cheques, with a list of IP's I want the information on?

If you have a court order... do you have a court order? ... or can you buy that too?

Kymmy
31-08-2008, 14:03
Doubt if you;d get it under RIPA (http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/ukpga_20000023_en_1)

Gary L
31-08-2008, 14:06
If you have a court order... do you have a court order? ... or can you buy that too?

Toto says I don't need a court order. I don't want to buy one either if I don't need one.

dev
31-08-2008, 14:13
Toto says I don't need a court order. I don't want to buy one either if I don't need one.

where did he say that? or are you part of the government?

Kymmy
31-08-2008, 14:15
Correct you don't need a court order, but you do need a reason and a status that enables you to use RIPA.

So firstly apply for a RIPA then use the RIPA to request the information from VM...

I wish you luck

Sirius
31-08-2008, 14:20
where did he say that?

I was thinking that as well :erm:

Gary L
31-08-2008, 14:24
Correct you don't need a court order, but you do need a reason and a status that enables you to use RIPA.

So firstly apply for a RIPA then use the RIPA to request the information from VM...

I wish you luck

If I were to try my luck, what information do you think I would get on the customer?
Is this the same as where the BPI supplies an IP address to Virgin of whom they believe has downloaded music illegally, but then no information is given to the BPI and Virgin themselves contact the customer using the IP that has been reported?

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

I was thinking that as well :erm:

Sirius
31-08-2008, 14:27

So is that a third party that has a legal right to the info and if so what qualifies a legal right.

Gary L
31-08-2008, 14:28
So is that a third party that has a legal right to the info and if so what qualifies a legal right.

I don't know, use Google and find out.

Kymmy
31-08-2008, 14:29
If I were to try my luck, what information do you think I would get on the customer?.

Absolutely nothing as there's no way you'd get granted a RIPA

;)

If you read toto's post he doesn't say that you could get a RIPA but says the only way VM would release info is to a court order or a RIPA

Gary L
31-08-2008, 14:31
If you read toto's post he doesn't say that you could get a RIPA but says the only way VM would release info is to a court order or a RIPA

I know I was just telling Sirius that bit :D
and I didn't say that toto said I could get a RIPA.

Sirius
31-08-2008, 14:45
And at this point i will unsubscribe as this thread is going nowhere. :wavey::wavey:

BenMcr
31-08-2008, 14:50
I think the answer is you cannot get Virgin Media to send you details other than your own unless you have a court order or work for a organisation that is named in RIPA, have a valid reason for a request, and can actually get one

Hugh
31-08-2008, 14:51
Gary L, no matter how many times you repeat yourself or re-arrange other's words, it isn't going to happen (imho)

Kymmy
31-08-2008, 14:51
And at this point i will unsubscribe as this thread is going nowhere. :wavey::wavey:

LOL, I wonder why???

Gary L
31-08-2008, 14:53

Is it supposed to go somewhere?
I will let you go anyway ;)

Hugh
31-08-2008, 14:54
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/08/2.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.visitingdc.com/images/richard-nixon-picture.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.visitingdc.com/president/richard-nixon-picture.htm&h=336&w=325&sz=23&hl=en&start=1&sig2=Fzsfvx7Ojp_aZcbgaO3fkA&um=1&usg=__rkildYyEG_l-UOk0HdV_gju_wLs=&tbnid=rcrt6fmabc7VdM:&tbnh=119&tbnw=115&ei=hqK6SOWDJpyu0wSJnOSVAw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Drichard%2Bnixon%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26 safe%3Doff)

Gary L
31-08-2008, 14:58
Gary L, no matter how many times you repeat yourself or re-arrange other's words, it isn't going to happen (imho)

What isn't going to happen?
Nowhere in this thread have I said that anything is going to happen. I have just posted the first post and in response to Sirius asking me to say something to start a debate, I asked a scenario.

I have not said anywhere that I would get the information on a customer in result of me paying £65.

Some people just assumed I said that :rolleyes:

BenMcr
31-08-2008, 15:00
If you know it not to be true, why start this thread?

Gary L
31-08-2008, 15:02
Then why start this thread?

Because as the first line said, it was interesting! :omg:

Hugh
31-08-2008, 15:23
What isn't going to happen?
Nowhere in this thread have I said that anything is going to happen. I have just posted the first post and in response to Sirius asking me to say something to start a debate, I asked a scenario.

I have not said anywhere that I would get the information on a customer in result of me paying £65.

Some people just assumed I said that :rolleyes:
In your first post, there was a reply from (what we assumed was) VM
posts supplied.

Which contradicts what you have just said - it appears someone (you, we assume, since you started the thread and not stated that anyone else was involved) contacted VM to ask for this information.

Your petard is well and truly hoisted ;)

TheNorm
31-08-2008, 15:39
...Your petard is well and truly hoisted ;)

Totally off-topic (as is so much of this thread): the petard doesn't get hoisted; rather, the petard hoists the holder of it.

Back on topic... Isn't getting a court order asking VM to reveal information held on an IP address the same as asking BT for details it holds on a telephone number? In other words, is there anything new here?

dev
31-08-2008, 15:45
Totally off-topic (as is so much of this thread): the petard doesn't get hoisted; rather, the petard hoists the holder of it.

Back on topic... Isn't getting a court order asking VM to reveal information held on an IP address the same as asking BT for details it holds on a telephone number? In other words, is there anything new here?

when have the facts ever gotten in the way of a pointless topic being made by a certain Gary

Gary L
31-08-2008, 15:52
it appears someone (you, we assume,

Can you see where you are going wrong yet? :)

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

when have the facts ever gotten in the way of a pointless topic being made by a certain Gary

Good point when you can also say that some let their assumptions get in the way.

piggy
31-08-2008, 15:55
@gary l

DONT LOOK AT THE LIGHT!!!

and stop watching the twilight zone.

Gary L
31-08-2008, 16:00
BRIGHT LIGHT! BRIGHT LIGHT!

http://www.qctimes.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/gremlins.jpg

I used to love watching the twilight zone! what channel's it on now?

piggy
31-08-2008, 16:10
:D

now that makes sense

Toto
31-08-2008, 16:24
Excuse me, my punctuation seems to be the cause of some confusion. Virgin Media and most other ISP's will NOT release customer data unless they are presented with a Court Order to do so, or the requester has powers under RIPA to request that data.

If you are a Virgin Media customer, and you want to know what data your ISP has on you, you can request that information under the DPA, for a nominal fee.

Sorry for the confusion, that was a poorly placed apostrophe.

Kymmy
31-08-2008, 16:32
If this thread goes any further away from the original topic it will be considered for closing

Hugh
31-08-2008, 17:10
Can you see where you are going wrong yet? :)

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

Good point when you can also say that some let their assumptions get in the way.
So can you confirm that the first posting is either (please choose a, b, or c, and if c, please clarify)
a) a transcript of a real communication with VirginMedia
or
b) a figment of your imagination, put on the thread to initiate discussion
or
c) other (please state what, if this option, please?)

Sirius
31-08-2008, 17:23
So can you confirm that the first posting is either (please choose a, b, or c, and if c, please clarify)
or
or

Wow.

Ok i am back, Let me just get my comfy chair and a cold one from the fridge, This answer i have got to read :LOL:

Gary L
31-08-2008, 18:03
or
or

a)

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

Wow.

Ok i am back, Let me just get my comfy chair and a cold one from the fridge, This answer i have got to read :LOL:

You're too exciteable.

Sirius
31-08-2008, 18:04
a)

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

You're too exciteable.

:LOL: is that it

So am i correct in saying that you tried to flummox a customer service rep in some way, In particular you tried "unsuccessfully in my eyes " to facilitate information of a legal nature from someone who obviously is not a legally trained person.

I feel that your intention was then to kick up a storm on this forum, So i ask again whats you beef with VM and do you have proof that VM have given this information out to a person or group that should not have been given that information.

If you do not have that proof then they only course of action i see is for you to try and get that information out of VM by submitting a request and a cheque for £65.00 ??? other wise this thread is based on unsubstanciated mumbo jumbo that would not stand up in a kangaroo court never mind a real court.

Gary L
31-08-2008, 18:19
:LOL: is that it

So am i correct in saying that you tried to flummox a customer service rep in some way,

No.

In particular you tried "unsuccessfully in my eyes " to facilitate information of a legal nature from someone who obviously is not a legally trained person.

The If at the beginning of that sentence is missing.

I feel that your intention was then to kick up a storm on this forum,

Well I feel that you're wrong.

So i ask again whats you beef with VM and do you have proof that VM have given this information out to a person or group that should not have been given that information.

Is it a requirement to have a beef with VM, to be able to post on here? or is that what you think the rules should be? :rolleyes:

Sirius
31-08-2008, 18:21
Is it a requirement to have a beef with VM, to be able to post on here? or is that what you think the rules should be? :rolleyes:

No but it is better to make the thread based on reality . :D

And i will say again the only way i feel we will get to the bottom of this is to ask the question by submitting a request with a cheque for £65.00 :tu:

Gary L
31-08-2008, 18:22
If you do not have that proof then they only course of action i see is for you to try and get that information out of VM by submitting a request and a cheque for £65.00 ??? other wise this thread is based on unsubstanciated mumbo jumbo that would not stand up in a kangaroo court never mind a real court.

More?

Download Failed (1)

:)

Sirius
31-08-2008, 18:26
More?

http://realonomics.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/chill-pill.jpg

Well i think you have achieved what you intended. Give us all a good laugh on a wet Sunday afternoon :) :tu:

Gary L
31-08-2008, 18:39
Well i think you have achieved what you intended. Give us all a good laugh on a wet Sunday afternoon :) :tu:

No! :cry::cry:

Raistlin
31-08-2008, 18:44
Not read all four pages, frankly can't be bothered, so.....

.....am I right in thinking that you honestly believe that if I were to give you a) my IP address, and b) £65 you could get my personal information from Virgin Media?

Gary L
31-08-2008, 18:49
Not read all four pages, frankly can't be bothered, so.....

.....am I right in thinking that you honestly believe that if I were to give you a) my IP address, and b) £65 you could get my personal information from Virgin Media?

I actually could get your information for nothing, he wouldn't charge me :LOL:

Hugh
31-08-2008, 18:55
Gary, if you are quick, you should be able to get your entry in for the Hiighland Games at the Braemar Gathering.

Going on your postings in this thread, You should be a shoo-in to win the
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:4yzUHSQ9s2WheM:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2023/2390636823_0633400a27.jpg%3Fv%3D0 (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2023/2390636823_0633400a27.jpg%3Fv%3D0&imgrefurl=http://flickr.com/photos/mistertim/2390636823/&h=500&w=333&sz=117&hl=en&start=9&sig2=ud8oI-t7jPikQx0qiboYjA&usg=__DY_l9ARcUSHJ9qkHobSWzvRns4I=&tbnid=4yzUHSQ9s2WheM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=87&ei=Adq6SPXuJaeu0gSl-rWKAw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcaber%2B******%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26 safe%3Doff) of the year. ;)

Gary L
31-08-2008, 18:59
Gary, if you are quick, you should be able to get your entry in for the Hiighland Games

Do I sound Scottish? :)

Sirius
31-08-2008, 19:00

Who's he :confused:

Raistlin
31-08-2008, 19:02

It was a serious question, to which your answer makes no sense.....who is "he"?

Sirius
31-08-2008, 19:02
This thread is getting to the point where i will need to go and smoke something to be able to follow it and keep all my marbles.:D:devsmoke:

Hugh
31-08-2008, 19:07
This thread is getting to the point where i will need to go and smoke something to be able to follow it and keep all my marbles.:D:devsmoke:
Ask Gary for some - he appears to have a head start on us all...... ;)

Gary L
31-08-2008, 19:09
It was a serious question, to which your answer makes no sense.....who is "he"?

Come on Rob, you said yourself you can't be bothered to read the thread.

Sirius
31-08-2008, 19:10
Come on Paul, you said yourself you can't be bothered to read the thread.

Well i have been reading the thread and i don't have a scooby's of who the hell HE is.

Just hang on a bit while i get my little tin out and a pack of ciggy papers from the cupboard :LOL:.

Gary L
31-08-2008, 19:11
Well i have been reading the thread and i don't have a scooby';s of who the hell HE is.

No that wasn't HE, that was the answer to his question. :confused:

Raistlin
31-08-2008, 19:15
Come on Rob, you said yourself you can't be bothered to read the thread.

You said you could get my information for nothing, and that "he" wouldn't charge you - I've stepped back through the thread and cannot see anywhere that you say who "he" is.

I'm still interested to know if you honestly believe that you can buy my personal information from Virgin Media for £65. If you genuinely believe that you can then it's something that I might be tempted to test/prove, and I would say that £65 would be a cheap price to pay.

Sirius
31-08-2008, 19:18

So explain

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

You said you could get my information for nothing, and that "he" wouldn't charge you - I've stepped back through the thread and cannot see anywhere that you say who "he" is.

i'm still interested to know if you honestly believe that you can uy my personal information from Virgin Media for £65. If you genuinly believe that you can then it's something that I might be tempted to test/prove, and I would say that £65 would be a cheap price to pay.

I have been saying that all the way through this thread. But all we get are politicians answers from a snake oil seller. :LOL:

Gary L
31-08-2008, 19:21

I haven't said anywhere who "he" is.

i'm still interested to know if you honestly believe that you can uy my personal information from Virgin Media for £65. If you genuinly believe that you can then it's something that I might be tempted to test/prove, and I would say that £65 would be a cheap price to pay.

Apparently you have to have to have a court order or RIPA as well as the £65. it was decided earlier that people were just assuming what I believe.

Raistlin
31-08-2008, 19:24
Ok, well in that case I see no further benefit in participating in this thread.

You don't appear to be able to offer any evidence to support your original position, which appeared to be that it was possible to buy personal information from Virgin at a 'starting price' of £65.

It was an interest in that position that drew me to the discussion, if that's no longer your position/assertion then I'm no longer interested :shrug:

Gary L
31-08-2008, 19:26
Ok, well in that case I see no further benefit in participating in this thread.

You don't appear to be able to offer any evidence to support your original position, which appeared to be that it was possible to buy personal information from Virgin at a 'starting price' of £65.

It was an interest in that position that drew me to the discussion, if that's no longer your position/assertion then I'm no longer interested :shrug:

Ok, thanks anyway :)

watzizname
31-08-2008, 19:28
Are you then saying, that if you pretended to be the person who's details you were after, they'd give you that information??

Gary L
31-08-2008, 19:28
Are you then saying, that if you pretended to be the person who's details you were after, they'd give you that information??

No.

watzizname
31-08-2008, 19:35
If you instead used a lawyer, as your middleman then?

Hugh
31-08-2008, 20:26
This thread is like a broken-tipped pencil.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/08/1.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sepiamutiny.com/sepia/pencil-mashed.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sepiamutiny.com/sepia/archives/cat_kids.html&h=367&w=380&sz=29&hl=en&start=10&sig2=Zgh6MH-Hk921_eT-nmO_sA&usg=__hauxtSJ85z3tgPIfdaq9WFpRIn8=&tbnid=2Kf4jL_ZJ2e5lM:&tbnh=119&tbnw=123&ei=OfC6SM2NHYPk0QTj6omjAw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dblunt%2Bpencil%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26 safe%3Doff)

It has no point.

Gary, what was the point of the first post, please?

Sirius
31-08-2008, 21:02
This thread is like a broken-tipped pencil.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/08/1.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sepiamutiny.com/sepia/pencil-mashed.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sepiamutiny.com/sepia/archives/cat_kids.html&h=367&w=380&sz=29&hl=en&start=10&sig2=Zgh6MH-Hk921_eT-nmO_sA&usg=__hauxtSJ85z3tgPIfdaq9WFpRIn8=&tbnid=2Kf4jL_ZJ2e5lM:&tbnh=119&tbnw=123&ei=OfC6SM2NHYPk0QTj6omjAw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dblunt%2Bpencil%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26 safe%3Doff)

It has no point.

Bet you dont get an answer :)

Gary L
31-08-2008, 21:08

We've done this one already. there wasn't a point as such, others just wanted there to be a point to it and not let it be what it was originally, which was just interesting.

You've read it, now move on.

Kymmy
31-08-2008, 21:14
No answer and wants us to move on... No wonder I had a fit of giggles ;)

Hugh
31-08-2008, 21:53
So you posted something without a point, with the first line being "this is very interesting", and the rest of it being a VM staffer refusing to rise to you inane illegal requests, and when questioned about it, state "it was just interesting".

It was as "interesting" as you (imho).

You do talk/post round objects at times, me bucko.

Sirius
31-08-2008, 22:04
We've done this one already. there wasn't a point as such, others just wanted there to be a point to it and not let it be what it was originally, which was just interesting.

You've read it, now move on.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gary L
31-08-2008, 23:12
So you posted something without a point, with the first line being "this is very interesting",

Yes. but you'll be back in a few more posts on, forgetting you knew that.

and the rest of it being a VM staffer refusing to rise to you inane illegal requests, and when questioned about it, state "it was just interesting".

I have not made any requests. either inane or illegal.

It was as "interesting" as you (imho).

Is it your opinion, or are you just assuming again?

You do talk/post round objects at times, me bucko.

I like circles, that's probably why.

Kursk
01-09-2008, 00:17
Is it me or does CF seem endemically tense these days? The OP is losing its legs before it even started walking. Come on everyone, let's give these things a bit more time to develop or posts will eventually look like this:

Hello all.

Eff off.

</end of thread. :)

BenMcr
01-09-2008, 00:21
But when you are basically starting threads which are as accurate as 'Virgin Media steals your babies', then what do you expect?

Kursk
01-09-2008, 00:33
Point taken. Forums are notorious for diverse debate though; if the discussion menu gets too limited here, it won't be healthy. Besides, whatever is posted, we're all big enough to draw our own conclusions.

BenMcr
01-09-2008, 01:35
There are enough places out thee that spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) without this being one of them. All I would expect is that posts and threads here are Honest, Accurate and Truthful (to be known in future as HAT)

Horace
01-09-2008, 03:35
Judge : How did you link the IP to the accused?
Lawyer : We bunged VM £65
Judge : Dismissed. Next.

Hugh
01-09-2008, 15:58
or
or

a)

..snip...

So you posted something without a point, with the first line being "this is very interesting", and the rest of it being a VM staffer refusing to rise to your inane illegal requests, and when questioned about it, state "it was just interesting".

..snip.

..snip...

I have not made any requests. either inane or illegal.
...snip.
Original Post by Gary L

Hello support,

Many thanks.
...snip....
A summary for those who can't be bothered to read the last couple of pages.......

Gary's "friend" has asked VM for some information, was told to beggar off, and Gary thought this was interesting.

And as Toto posted, you either need a court order or be eligible under RIPA to get this information (unless it is about your own account).

HTH ;)

Sirius
01-09-2008, 16:05
Gary's "friend" has asked VM for some information, was told to beggar off, and Gary thought this was interesting.

HTH ;)

Well goes to show there's not much in the news at the moment :LOL:

joglynne
01-09-2008, 16:06
Original Post by Gary L

A summary for those who can't be bothered to read the last couple of pages.......

HTH ;)

Thanks for the précis, started reading the thread and got bored so skipped to the last post. Could have done with your services on one or two other threads I can think of. :angel:

Horace
01-09-2008, 16:53
The original post is written like a Sun article, you can't work out what's been said and by whom, what are facts and what is supposition.

LaineY
01-09-2008, 16:56
Right... Im Lost now.. But
Judge : How did you link the IP to the accused?
Lawyer : We bunged VM £65
Judge : Dismissed. Next.

was the only thing that made sense

r00t
01-09-2008, 17:01
AFAIK, you the customer may request _your_ TC & CC notes for a fee. You may not request another customers.

:LOL: Another failed hate campaign.. Some people need to find more fun in life ;)

Gary L
01-09-2008, 20:26

It'll all become clear in time :D

Hugh
01-09-2008, 20:28
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....: zzz:

Gary L
01-09-2008, 20:29
Well goes to show there's not much in the news at the moment :LOL:

I got something else that's interesting for later, just waiting for confirmation :)

Sirius
01-09-2008, 20:32
I got something else that's interesting for later, just waiting for confirmation :)

Don't tell me "A Blue Moon" "Elvis is alive and working in a chippy in Oldham" or the old favourite "Virgin are bringing back 8 track tapes "

Gary L
01-09-2008, 21:09
Don't tell me "A Blue Moon" "Elvis is alive and working in a chippy in Oldham" or the old favourite "Virgin are bringing back 8 track tapes "

No, it was foreverwar falls asleep every 35 mins.

Kursk
01-09-2008, 21:24
There are enough places out thee that spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) without this being one of them. All I would expect is that posts and threads here are Honest, Accurate and Truthful (to be known in future as HAT)

Fair enough. Contributors to CF have shown that they can see through FUD and can tell if something is HAT or not. Even if something is spurious, it can't hurt if people want to chew the fat and, if you like, use it as a means to find out what the OP is really all about.

I think there are a good percentage of people here who would defend Virgin's honour (!) as well as those who have a beef.

Hugh
01-09-2008, 22:39
No, it was foreverwar falls asleep every 35 mins.
Sorry about that.

It's just that I used to suffer from insomnia, but strangely enough, not since yesterday, when narcolepsy seemed to set in.