PDA

View Full Version : 1571 - that flipping woman.........

moiraf100
30-08-2008, 09:49
Every couple of months she decides to go through the whole rigramole of instructions as if I'm a new user.
Has anyone else had this hiccup.

Is it me?

m419
30-08-2008, 18:48
Which voicemail are you on? There are several.

NTL Free voicemail for ex-C&W Nynex and most Videotron lines
NTL Advanced Voicemail for ex--C&W Nynex and most Videotron lines
NTL Free voicemail for some exC&W Bellcable and some Videotron lines
Telewest Free Voicemail
Telewest Advanced voicemail
Eurobell Free Voicemail
Eurobell advanced Voicemail

Also, i've noticed that the voicemail greeting for ex-Eurobell users, still says 'Welcome to the Telewest Broadband answering service'.

I have been having the same trouble with the voicemail provided by T-Mobile too. Everytime I access my voicemail it goes through the whole process of setting up my voicemail.

moiraf100
30-08-2008, 20:29
NTL free voicemail, don't know which of the two you mention though.

zing_deleted
30-08-2008, 22:28
same for me to

m419
31-08-2008, 01:35
Well if you dont know if it is a Nynex,Videotron,Bell cable or telewest area then which area are you in, also do you pay £1.75 for this voicemail or is it free?

From that information I will be able to tell which type of voicemail service Virgin Media have given.

BexTech
31-08-2008, 22:04
Don't have that problem.

Don't have 1571 on the line, same as I don't have voicemail on my mobiles.

It's a nasty rip-off profit making service.

When people call me if I'm on the phone or too slow to get to answer in time with 1571 / voicemail the call is taken any my callers are then charged to not speak to me. Not only do the telco then get money for that call they then get money for the returned call. My callers would rather hear a busy tone or ringing tone until I answer - same with me, if I find someone has 1571 / voicemail then I don't call them again and tell them why. Though with getting some inclusive calls now it's not so much an issue during those hours, however the called party network still earns their cut from the termination charge.

I have a dedicated 01 number that is voicemail all the time, that way if someone can't contact me on my landline, VoIP lines or mobile, then if they wish to leave a message then they call my voicemailbox number - it's then there choice to pay to leave a message and not have it forced upon them.

moiraf100
27-11-2008, 11:58
She came back today! argh!
#5 it's the free service

mentalis
27-11-2008, 12:51
I have the 1571 service, and find it very annoying that if someone calls me, and the 1571 kicks in, they must leave a message... because unlike BT the 1471 does not pick up the number if 1571 has answered it.

brimurray
29-11-2008, 23:58
I think the "Advanced 1571" is a total waste of £1.75 as is the free voicemail which cuts in too quick. If you must have voicemail it may be better to buy a phone with built in answering machine where you have full control as well as the option to switch off.

I actually got 1571 switched off as I think it's a waste of time!

cablecrazy
01-12-2008, 16:41
I also had that lady do that on the 1571 I demanded VM to switch it off and bought an answering machine, (ex CableTel)

m419
02-12-2008, 13:36
I suppose canceling it and then re-adding it again will reset it on the exchange as it appears that it has not been set up correctly!

I am currently experiencing this with Orange answerphone!

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

My friend has the advanced voicemail, it also reads out the callers telephone number too! And what we noticed is, is if the caller witheld there number, the number was revealed on the voicemail! Very good!