PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Internet/Xbox Live Connection Issue

Blakey
29-08-2008, 17:11
Hey All,

I'm on here essentially because i feel i have no where to turn in order to try and get my Virgin Media backed Xbox Live connection working once again.

I've phoned Virgin at least 7 times over the past two weeks to try and get them to rectify the problem i will specify below.

Essentially, when i came back from my Holiday at the end of July my Xbox Live was still working great, then after a few days i failed to connect to Xbox Live and then failed also to connect to the internet through my laptop using the same cable modem.

When doing the tests on Xbox Live it came back as MTU Failed, but the Virgin person on the phone said that most tests do this if something in wrong overall.

Anyway...whenever i try and go on the internet through either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox it directs me straight to the Virgin website where there is a blank page with just one link at the top saying "Click here to activate your broadband..." with the window tag of "Broadband Activation" at the top. Now i've had my NTL/Virgin broadband for roughly 5-6 years and obviously activated the broadband when i first got it all those years back. I have never had any problems when the connection was backed solely by NTL but since the switchover to Virgin certain aspects of service seem to have gone downhill unfortunately.

I have been told that many people that were formally with NTL/Telewest are experiencing the same problem and that they can't give me a timeframe when the problem is going to be fixed.

So, essentially my question to all you out there is; really; is there anything i can do to get my internet working again or will i have to wait until Virgin finally decide to pull there finger out and fix it?

Thanks very much for any advice/help given,
it really will be much appreciated.

Blake.

chickendippers
29-08-2008, 18:07
I'd be more concerned about this activation page on your PC than any XBox live error message. Possibly the modem is on its last legs?

Blakey
29-08-2008, 18:23
I'd be more concerned about this activation page on your PC than any XBox live error message. Possibly the modem is on its last legs?

I never really considered that a possibility to be honest as all the lights that should be on on the modem are on.

Jonathan90
29-08-2008, 18:28
or maybe heir was a cockup durng the last move in acounts etc just phone them up and say i need to activate my broadband they will probably see on your account that you bably sort it out in no timhave had broadband for some years and probably sort it out in no time plus i don't think its anything to do with the modem being on its last legs.

Blakey
29-08-2008, 18:34
One of the times i rang them up they suggested it was because they had moved to a new "platform" or something when they crossed over from NTL to Virgin, which is the reason the net is treating me like a new customer as from what i've gathered.

They also said many other people are experiencing the same problems as i am but in all my net searches i haven't really found anyone else with the same problem which makes me think i keep being fobbed off...

DC_FC79
29-08-2008, 19:44
Have you got this sorted, have you mentioned to VM the modem could be faulty

Scooby52
31-08-2008, 10:43
I was also affected by one of the changes to the back-end systems, where my BB stopped working, and I called CS who had to get people in provisioning to fix it. And more recently I wanted to make a change to my V+ subscription, and they couldn't because their system still thought there was a problem with my BB subscription. That one took many calls to fix, but fortunately it wasn't affecting my service, just preventing me from changing it.

My advise would be to persist with the calls, and as chickendipper suggested, don't mention the Xbox, just focus on the activation page in your browser.

Good luck