PDA

View Full Version : i feel the need to rant!

blaupunkt
29-08-2008, 15:02
i have just come off the phone to virgin tech support about my extremely crap internet connection during the evening where between the times of 7:30pm and about 11:30pm web pages take minutes to load and then dont load correctly or just time out.

after talking for a few minutes to the man on the phone he informed me that one of the reasons that i would be experiencing slower speeds during the evening was because more people would be using the internet during the that time so there for everything would slow down, so i informed him again that its not a case of things slowing down slightly its a case of sights such as google.co.uk not loading at all or taking a good minute or more to load, after doing some checks on the modem he informed me that i was getting the correct speeds and then asked me if i was downloading alot during the day as this can effect my speed in the evening. I imagine he was talking about being throttled etc, but seeing as i work from 8am till 6pm 5 days a week i dont use the net during the day.

so now someone is suposed to be contacting me from virgin as the problem has been forwarded to someone ? as he says this is an unusual problem and he doesnt know what it can be.

im not knocking the guy after all hes only doing his job and what he is told to do, but if this is virgins idea of technical support then it leaves alot to be desired in my opinion!

LaineY
29-08-2008, 15:19
im having that problem... or atleast.. a very similar problem.. see my post on the main board and see if its the problems ur having..