PDA

View Full Version : What will we get

Angua
28-08-2008, 23:18
After many weeks of fairly regular drop outs needing a modem re-boot (trusty old 200) a call has resulted in a new modem being promised through the post (or at least that is what I thought he said). :D

Ironically as soon as he offered the new modem the BB came back. :dozey:

What sort of modem are we likely to get and and are there any things to watch out for?

Thanks

dilli-theclaw
28-08-2008, 23:20
A little black VM256 probably.

Angua
28-08-2008, 23:27
A little black VM256 probably.

Thanks Dilly, at least that will go with the computer better :D

djdust
29-08-2008, 09:42
Funnily enough, I was having problems a few months back with my antique modem constantly losing my net connection. I called VM and they sent a new modem but it only had an Ethernet connection, not USB (which was what I was using). So, I had to spend ages trying to get my PC compatible with it and, once it was all ready, I tried it with the OLD modem and that's been fine ever since!!?? If I ever do need to install the new one, is it something to easily do or would I have to call VM to be talked through it?

:)

SteevieNiteHeat
29-08-2008, 10:21
Funnily enough, I was having problems a few months back with my antique modem constantly losing my net connection. I called VM and they sent a new modem but it only had an Ethernet connection, not USB (which was what I was using). So, I had to spend ages trying to get my PC compatible with it and, once it was all ready, I tried it with the OLD modem and that's been fine ever since!!?? If I ever do need to install the new one, is it something to easily do or would I have to call VM to be talked through it?

:)

Really easy!
Just unplug all leads from the modem, connect the (supplied) eithernet lead to the modem, then connect the other end to the network card of your computer (if you have 1, if not, you can pick one up for under a tenner), then switch on your modem and enable the network card in Windows (if you have it disabled) and hey presto! full speed internet :)

eth01
29-08-2008, 10:26
There is a possbility that it will not sync.. If that is the case, then it's because the CM MAC needs an update on the account. Call 151 if that happens :)