PDA

View Full Version : account sharing

george mortimore
27-08-2008, 15:51
Hi folks, my first visit to this forum.
Do virgin media permit account sharing. My daughter wants to have her own email address useing her married name for work purposes. When I try to set it up in outlook express the mail is rejected. Someone mentioned to me that sharing of internet resources like email would not be permitted even though I could have up to 15 edmail addresses with NTL (virgin) if I chose to do so. All thoughts welcome.
GM

Mad Ad
27-08-2008, 16:01
No they wont let you share, even allowing your neighbour to use your BB via wireless is forbidden. Its supposed to be one account per household, but if your daughter is living with you then I can see no reason why she can't have her own email account. Also if the email is only accessed from your home address I also cannot see why it wouldnt just work. Unless of course she is trying to access it from outside the VM network.

Private email providers are plentiful however, and it beats all that hassle moving everything if/when you swap ISPs.

george mortimore
27-08-2008, 16:10
thanks for the answer. yes she lives here with us and other than at her employment does not have any connection with other isp at all
GM

xspeedyx
27-08-2008, 16:14
She has to set a email up via selfcare then you can add it to outlook

dav
27-08-2008, 16:14
Did you set up a VM mail box for her first using the self-care pages and then set up the outlook account?

I've done this for my wife with no problems.

AndyCambs
27-08-2008, 16:16
You have set the email address up in Virgin media?
http://www.virginmedia.com/help/email.php?category=portal&app=helpemail
and instructions here for adding to Outlook?

http://www.virginmedia.com/help/email/settingupoutlookexpress6.php

Andrewcrawford23
27-08-2008, 16:29
you need to add the email account to selfcare, someone might already have that email address though

whydoIneedatech
27-08-2008, 20:09
Link to selfcare

https://selfcare.blueyonder.co.uk/IIPSCVM/

george mortimore
27-08-2008, 20:24
Thanks folks. I have had a look round the selfcare pages on the virgin site but I can not see any way of registering. can anyone advise??
GM

Kymmy
27-08-2008, 20:26
It's not a case of registering, just simply go into self care >> email and create a new mailbox.

eth01
27-08-2008, 20:38
Thanks folks. I have had a look round the selfcare pages on the virgin site but I can not see any way of registering. can anyone advise??
GM

1. https://selfcare.blueyonder.co.uk/IIPSCVM/

2. Login.

3. Add new email or something.

;)

whydoIneedatech
27-08-2008, 20:42
GM
Can you get into selfcare OK, if so click on email and dialup and you will be able to add a mailbox to your account.

george mortimore
27-08-2008, 20:43
Thanks kymmy.
before I can get into selfcare to create a new mailbox I need to log in. as I do not have a acceptable password I can not go any further. without some form of registration its a dead end.

Kymmy
27-08-2008, 20:45
for your username and password you'll have to go through Customer Services... But you should have selected them both when you registered your modem either online or via CS

whydoIneedatech
27-08-2008, 20:46
Thanks kymmy.
before I can get into selfcare to create a new mailbox I need to log in. as I do not have a acceptable password I can not go any further. without some form of registration its a dead end.
Call Tech Support who will reset your password for you.

Tech Support is open 24/7 on the numbers below.

For help with your TV or Phone and for Broadband Technical Support:

Call Product Support/Faults on 151 option 3 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.

Jonathan90
27-08-2008, 21:28
in your welcome pack u get a little card with all the details on check that if u still got it