PDA

View Full Version : Specials for existing customers.

funkyCable
26-08-2008, 12:46
Hi,

I'm really happy with my virgin media account. I've had it for quiet some time now but all the deals they have are for new customers or for existing customers takening a new service.

Now my question is what classifies as an "existing customers takening a new service" does this mean that if I did not have broadband and decided to use their broadband that I could apply or if I alread yhave broadband and want to up my package?

I already have xl Telephone, XL TV but I was looking at changing my M broadband to XL and I saw there was a special for getting all three of those XL (http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=15163) for £49 for the first six months and £56 which is still less than I pay now.

Any ideas if I could apply for this special or are there any specials for customers who have all thweir services? or should I find somewhere?

Any advice much appreciated.

nefu
26-08-2008, 14:03
I have been with VM/NTL for many years. Recently I thought I was paying to much (TV XL, Phone XL, Broadband XL, V+ & 2nd STB) so I called CS. Very helpful & offered me a £22 a month loyalty discount to sign for another year, result £59 for the lot and very happy customer. I suggest if you are out of contract it's worth a call.

funkyCable
26-08-2008, 14:10
Did you threaten to leave them? or did you simply phone up and complain about the price you paying? Should I threaten with leaving? I think their prices are really competative but I just want to upgrade my BB and hopefully save a little bit as well. Like I said that special was quiet appealing to me since it was all three services XL and it was £49 for 6months and £56 which at the moment I pay on average £56 pm with phone calls but I'm not getting xl BB. I have been with them for 3 years.

moiraf100
26-08-2008, 14:17
You don't need to threaten to leave.
I was enquiring about upgrading my service a couple of months ago and ended up getting the runaround, and was eventually put through to what I thought was customer service, but was in fact customer relations.
I enquired about the package I was interested, had a moan about her being the 3rd person I had spoken to and she made a really good offer without me even asking for it, or expecting it.
In fact the service I was after was the XL, but she gave me XL phone with a total deduction of £6 on my bill, so I upgraded to L BB a week later at a cost of an extra £1 from my original package, and I still save the cost of phone calls. :)

AndyCambs
26-08-2008, 15:45
Hi,

I'm really happy with my virgin media account. I've had it for quiet some time now but all the deals they have are for new customers or for existing customers takening a new service.

Now my question is what classifies as an "existing customers takening a new service" does this mean that if I did not have broadband and decided to use their broadband that I could apply or if I alread yhave broadband and want to up my package?

I already have xl Telephone, XL TV but I was looking at changing my M broadband to XL and I saw there was a special for getting all three of those XL (http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=15163) for £49 for the first six months and £56 which is still less than I pay now.

Any ideas if I could apply for this special or are there any specials for customers who have all thweir services? or should I find somewhere?

Any advice much appreciated.

If you have XL TV and XL phone and want to upgrade broadband, why not go for the VIP Package and include V+ for £86 per month?

funkyCable
26-08-2008, 15:56
Sorry I forgot to mention that I already have the V+ so all three services for less than that. on average £56 pm with phone calls.

nefu
26-08-2008, 16:52
No threatening required by me, just suggsted I thought my deal was not good.

Funkycable - you are paying less but not yet on XL BB I believe?

funkyCable
26-08-2008, 17:06
Thats right. they have a special which is £56 excluding calls but it includes XL BB but I'm paying on average £56 pm with calls about (£4 a month on calls) but I don't get XL broadband. It says that it only availible to existing users taking a new service which I would not be as I already have XL Tv (V+ service), XL Phone, M BB so I would just be increasing my speed.

funkyCable
27-08-2008, 14:27
What are the actual Prices of each product?

My bill breakdown is as follows:
Telephone Line Rental £11.00
Talk Unlimited : £7.95
Phone, TV & BB Bundle Saving: £-9.50
TV Size XL : £22.00
V+ Box : £0
Broadband Size: M : £18.00

E-Bill discount £-1.00

A total of £48.45 without calls.

If I look on the virginmedia site it seems to have two separate rates one on specials and one normal but my BB and TV seem more than the normal prices on their website.

stewart28
27-08-2008, 15:17
i phoned vm on monday,

i currently have vip and disney cinemagic and asked it they could do me a better deal.

i said i was not to fussed about sky sports and and disney and they said they would discount me.

they said all they could offer me was £78.45

that was only a reduction of £12.55.

whats that all about!!!!!

xspeedyx
27-08-2008, 17:28
The VIP is massively discounted already why should you get a better deal?

Fatec
27-08-2008, 18:15
The VIP is massively discounted already why should you get a better deal?

Because we live in a country of tight arses :p::p::p:

funkyCable
27-08-2008, 18:29
Because we live in a country of tight arses :p::p::p:

:shocked::shocked: Ever heard of any of the following terminologies lately?

1. "Credit Crunch"
2. "Consumers tightening their belts" (either for loss of cash in their pockets or weight loss from increase in price of food)

LOL

I was waiting for someone to mention that LOL

mercyground
29-08-2008, 13:34
bah. I'm not happy with them.

I've been looking at upgrading to 10mb bb but its extra 7.50 apparently (nice screw u to your existing customers). I complained that they are advertising it for 8quid a month on tv and i'm changing my package therefore should count. "But you arent taking a phoneline so we cant offer you that"

We're paying 41.50 a month for basic phone (£11), Basic BB (£18), XL TV (£22) and get a 9.50 reduction oh and 1quid for ebilling.

If i got a new contract it would be,
M Phone £11
M BB £4.50 (£9 after 12months)
XL TV £19.50
£35 (39.50 after 12months)

hell i could up to L BB and save 2 quid a month as a new customers.

Cheers VM... Thanks for your loyalty. /dripping in sarcasm.

xspeedyx
29-08-2008, 14:45
Loyalty I never get that so what you pay a company for services THEY provide at any point you have a choice instead of complaining leave instead of moaning (I know some people dont have too much choice) but tv phone bb are not something you need they are what u want so its simple if you cant afford it you simply dont have it

Scooby52
30-08-2008, 18:46
I called Virgin yesterday to upgrade my BB from Medium (£18) to Large (£25), expecting to pay extra £7 per month. The chap suggested a deal called Double Unlimited (I think) of BB XL (normally £29) and Talk Unlimited (normally £7.95) for just £10 extra.

Whilst the 20Mb Broadband is more than I really need, I'll enjoy the bragging for a few weeks :cool:, and the Talk Unlimited should save me enough on phone calls to offset the £3 that the deal is costing compared to just BB L.

This package will last for 12 months, after which I believe it would cost £36 for the BB XL. So, I need to remember to review the package before it expires, otherwise I reckon it'll cost me an extra £15 a month.

So it looks like there are more deals available than can be found on the web site.

bonzoe
30-08-2008, 20:13
bah. I'm not happy with them.

I've been looking at upgrading to 10mb bb (snip)

We're paying 41.50 a month for basic phone (£11), Basic BB (£18), XL TV (£22) and get a 9.50 reduction oh and 1quid for ebilling.

If i got a new contract it would be,
M Phone £11
M BB £4.50 (£9 after 12months)
XL TV £19.50
£35 (39.50 after 12months)

hell i could up to L BB and save 2 quid a month as a new customers.

Cheers VM... Thanks for your loyalty. /dripping in sarcasm.

I rang last November, having been told that new deal was coming out, and got loyalty discount with a new contract Phone with Talk evenings and weekend, XL TV and 2MB BB (now 10MB) for £35, no mention of increase after 12 months in the contract details

Zhadnost
31-08-2008, 10:02
I'm pretty sure that if it's called a loyalty discount on the bill then it doesn't expire after 12 months.

Ours hasn't.