PDA

View Full Version : Fibreoptic broadband without the phone line?

koinnflak
20-08-2008, 21:53
Hey guys,

I'm planning on getting VM BB to my new flat in Bournemouth.
However, when going to their website and finding out how much it will cost me for the XL package I can't find out what the price is WITHOUT that goddamn phone line. I thougt that you didn't need a phone line to get cable from VM?

Atm it is £26/month average, considering the first 6 months-offer etc. This is with the £11/month phone line.

Bottom point: can i get fibre optic bb from VM without the phone line?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Axegrinder
20-08-2008, 21:56
XL BB on its own is £37 per month.

koinnflak
20-08-2008, 22:04
well, then I guess I'll just get the phone line and the BB and dont use the phone line, and save myself 11 quid a month. My calculations are correct, right? :D

ah i saw it now on the VM site:

Special Offer:
£26 a month
(For first 12 months)

what is the minimum contract time on this offer?

and can i order internet now and tell them to come to my place mid-september?

sstainer
20-08-2008, 23:17
dont see why not, try & see

Darrenp
20-08-2008, 23:47
what is the minimum contract time on this offer?

and can i order internet now and tell them to come to my place mid-september?

12 months.

And if I remember correctly during the signup you specify the time and date for the install.

koinnflak
21-08-2008, 18:42
thanks, perfect.

i'll be living in a house with five flats, however only the A and C flats come up when I check if I can get broadband. Sent a request to VM and they told me to wait two weeks before they could get back to me.. Seriously? Surely if the other flats can get VMBB then I can?

grimwau
21-08-2008, 18:47
Hey guys,

I'm planning on getting VM BB to my new flat in Bournemouth.

Make sure you register an interest on the fibrecity website for free install of their 100MB BB. You don't have to take the service but if you want to get it later it will be chargeable.

reggplant
25-08-2008, 17:45
I got broadband without a phone line for the same price they were quoting on the website at the time -£11 for phone line.

£29 a month for 20mbit