PDA

View Full Version : Phone line faulty

fudge
19-08-2008, 19:08
My virgin phone line has developed a fault , very loud cracklin sound when i try to get a dialing tone. Bought a new phone in case it was phone at fault but still same prob.
Phoned the tec. department on my mobile which cost the earth , and the guy checked out the line and herd the noice im getting.
Cant send anyone to fix the fault untill next tuesday pm.
Fair enough but hope i will get a refund for the time line is out.which then will be a week.

WHISTLED
19-08-2008, 20:36
Is that a question or statement

fudge
20-08-2008, 18:36
Why whats your problem ?
If it were a question ,could you answer it , or are we not alloud to make statements ?

MovedGoalPosts
20-08-2008, 20:45
Is this a land line phone fault? I'm confused as the thread is in mobile phones :confused:

fudge
22-08-2008, 15:09
Should be land line , perhaps this post could be moved to land line Thanks

hairy_mick
22-08-2008, 15:47
do you have any extension wire going into the master socket you can unsrew the face plate and pull it out then try the phone in the internal socket inside the master if its clear then fault is on internal ext wire if the line is still the same then fault is external might be an earth fault.

fudge
22-08-2008, 15:59
no , theres no extension wire

paulpaddison
23-08-2008, 01:41
are you 100% sure there are no extensions? any phones in other rooms operating off same line? ( wired outside the building )
if you unscrew the 2 screws on your master socket and pull the small lower pice off behind you will see a master test socket plug your phone in there and retest. if you still have crackeling you will need a technican to come and swap the wires in the green cabinet near your home and at the brown or grey box on front or back of your home. the fault sounds to me like damaged cable

fudge
26-08-2008, 18:53
Fixed today , engineer came did something to grey box on house and problem sorted. only took him 5 mins.

paulpaddison
27-08-2008, 02:11
ahh he swapped to the second pair of wires the orange set. as the blue pair have been damaged somehow. he will have also swapped them in the green cabinet down your road. glad to hear its all sorted i had the same problem but needed to get mine recabled

m419
30-08-2008, 02:01
This should be in the Virgin Fixed phone section.

Also, next time mention that you are calling from a mobile and they will call you back to your mobile.

Funny enough Virgin Mobile offer the cheapest rate for calling 08 numbers.

MovedGoalPosts
30-08-2008, 02:14
Thread moved ;)

Glad it's sorted