STONEISLAND
19-08-2008, 18:30
I'm so excited about this game for the PS3

Check this Multiplayer Trailer out

http://www.onpsx.de/news.php?id=21213

Cannot wait to get my hands of this!!!!! :angel:

Paranoimia
19-08-2008, 19:46
Same here. This game is the main reason I bought a PS3.

icestar2
19-08-2008, 20:00
Shame we have to wait till next year :( That being said I would rather wait for a polished game than have a half finished product :)

Tezcatlipoca
19-08-2008, 20:04
I thought the first was a bit poor, so I'm not really too fussed about this.

Heh, so have Sony managed to show any *real* in-game footage yet? ;)

I'm looking forward to Resistance 2 more...

Paranoimia
19-08-2008, 22:04

Don't make me slap you! :p:

WHISTLED
19-08-2008, 23:03
Looks great

STONEISLAND
20-08-2008, 08:43
I thought the first was a bit poor, so I'm not really too fussed about this.

I'm looking forward to Resistance 2 more...

Are you saying its fake?

Stephen
20-08-2008, 09:34
Are you saying its fake?
Well not that its fake but up till recently all the footage was pre rendered and even the footage made using the actual in game engine was heavily altered i.e. colouring, lighting and stuff.

Tezcatlipoca
20-08-2008, 22:53
Are you saying its fake?

I'm just taking the mick...

There was a bit of a "fuss" over the Killzone 2 video shown at E3 in 2005...

Paranoimia
21-08-2008, 18:01
IThere was a bit of a "fuss" over the Killzone 2 video shown at E3 in 2005...

Yup. The 2005 trailer was pre-rendered "target footage", which people said the game would never live up to.

Boy, there's some Ostrich-sized egg on those faces!

Stephen
21-08-2008, 19:45
Yup. The 2005 trailer was pre-rendered "target footage", which people said the game would never live up to.

Boy, there's some Ostrich-sized egg on those faces!
Well I don't think it looks that impressive really.

Paranoimia
22-08-2008, 13:53
With all due respect... you must need your eyes tested!

STONEISLAND
06-01-2009, 12:12
If you weren’t sure about buying Killzone 2 and were banking on a demo first you’re all out of luck. In a bizarre twist of reverse common sense, Gamestop have sealed an exclusive demo for anyone that pre-orders from them.
Yep, if you’re sure about wanting to buy the game and put down your pre-order you’ll get a playable demo to help you decide whether or not, well, you get my point. Ridiculous. The demo will be made public (via the PSN) after the game is out…

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/01/05/killzone-2-demo-after-launch/

Gamestop. How will this work for Euro? I want a demo and cannot have one now by the sounds of it? :confused:

icestar2
06-01-2009, 12:26
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/01/05/killzone-2-demo-after-launch/

Gamestop. How will this work for Euro? I want a demo and cannot have one now by the sounds of it? :confused:

Its always possible that we will get it with OPMHD but I dont know tbh. knowing SCEE we wont get one. Then again maybe it will be the same as with America were one retailer will get the rights which I think is unfair.

STONEISLAND
06-01-2009, 12:47
Its always possible that we will get it with OPMHD but I dont know tbh. knowing SCEE we wont get one. Then again maybe it will be the same as with America were one retailer will get the rights which I think is unfair.

Its very unfair, would not be so bad if it was a international seller like Amazon! :mad:

I will probably buy it on day it comes out but it would have been nice to try first.

icestar2
06-01-2009, 13:03
Just found the follwing article Stone. Looks like we might get it on the PSN but it might only be days before the release.

Sony has told Eurogamer that it will release a European demo of Killzone 2 through PlayStation Network, but cannot confirm exactly when, or what will be included in the demo.

However, a source close to the publisher told us that if it clears QA in time, the demo will almost certainly be released in Europe before the game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/killzone-2-demo-for-uk-psn-pre-release

STONEISLAND
06-01-2009, 13:43
the demo will almost certainly be released in Europe before the game.

If thats correct then :clap::hyper::cleader:

icestar2
06-01-2009, 14:32
Looks like its confirmed for europe for as a PSN release before the game arrived but still no date set yet.

SCEA's deal with GameStop (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2009/01/05/killzone-2-demo-exclusive-to-gamestop-public-demo-after-game-re/) doesn't affect those living outside of the US. European gamers will be able to access a pre-release Killzone 2 demo on the PlayStation Store, no strings attached. SCEE didn't provide any specific dates, but told Videogamer.com (http://www.videogamer.com/news/06-01-2009-10296.html) that the demo will be released in a "normal manner."

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/

STONEISLAND
06-01-2009, 14:43
At last we are starting to see a benifit of being in SCEE.

Good news :tu:

Bulky
18-01-2009, 16:13
just been on youtube going through the hd gameplay footage , this does look eye splittingly good , 2 reviews on metacritic so far 100 and 99 , things are looking up this is definately a day off work for me :)

Bulky
18-01-2009, 19:38
just to add : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G516I4EmTX4
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XfwdBjjKDZU&feature=related

http://www.megamers.com/playstation3/review.php?game_category=8&article_id=3557

Bulky
29-01-2009, 18:51
euro gamer : 9/10
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/killzone-2-review

IGN : 9.4/10
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/949/949161p1.html

Things are looking good , finally something to take my attention away for call of duty .

icestar2
29-01-2009, 20:16
Got my pre-order in with shopto. Only £32.99 for the steel case edition which looks very nice(I ordered this version). Or they have the standard case version for £29.99 :)

STONEISLAND
30-01-2009, 08:51
Got my pre-order in with shopto. Only £32.99 for the steel case edition which looks very nice(I ordered this version). Or they have the standard case version for £29.99 :)

Have you ordered from there before? Are they reliable? Delivery before normaly or after?

TIA

icestar2
30-01-2009, 09:45
Have you ordered from there before? Are they reliable? Delivery before normaly or after?

TIA

This will be my 30th order from them. Every pre-order has come early by 1 or 2 days except for GTA which arrived on released date. Every game I've ordered from them thats already out has come next day as long as I ordered before 5:30pm.

I almost always use them now m8. There great. (Hmmm the frosties advert just flashed through my mind when I wrote that lol)

STONEISLAND
30-01-2009, 10:49
This will be my 30th order from them. Every pre-order has come early by 1 or 2 days except for GTA which arrived on released date. Every game I've ordered from them thats already out has come next day as long as I ordered before 5:30pm.

I almost always use them now m8. There great. (Hmmm the frosties advert just flashed through my mind when I wrote that lol)

Ordered!!! :dmonk:

I normally order from PLAY.com so this is new, no pressure. ;) :D

Cannot wait!! :D

icestar2
30-01-2009, 12:20
Ordered!!! :dmonk:

I normally order from PLAY.com so this is new, no pressure. ;) :D

Cannot wait!! :D

Am sure it will be fine buddy. As I say 29 perfect orders for me and I havent looked elsewere since unless I come across a great bargin.

i-Set
30-01-2009, 15:09
icestar is this shop genuine? is it in the uk - looks a bit iffy to me but £30 is a bargain if you ask me like you said some of your games come early :D I dont know - I do have a £5 credit in gamestation - how much do you think its going to cost in gamestation when released? if its £34.99 then im better off buying in shop right...?

STONEISLAND
30-01-2009, 15:15
There based in Berkshire, check the forum there loads of members so i guess ok!! :)

icestar2
30-01-2009, 15:20
icestar is this shop genuine? is it in the uk - looks a bit iffy to me but £30 is a bargain if you ask me like you said some of your games come early :D I dont know - I do have a £5 credit in gamestation - how much do you think its going to cost in gamestation when released? if its £34.99 then im better off buying in shop right...?

There fine m8. I've used the plenty of times and so do most of my friends and none of us have had a problem yet.

Reason I rather order online is normally you'll get a better deal if you shop around and also alot of the time you will get the game a day or 2 eairler than release date.

There website design is not brilliant but there CS is so that makes up for it Oh and there prices most of the time are sweet :)

If you can get it from gamestation cheaper though and you feel safer doing it that way then I would surgest you do that :)

STONEISLAND
05-02-2009, 12:47
From Wikipedia:

On February 2nd, 2009, SCEE announced that a demo of Killzone 2 would be available to download from the European PlayStation Store from February 5th, 2009.[23] The demo will include the first two sections of ‘Corinth River’ (the first level of the game) and will also include the tutorial sequence from the final game.

A demo card, granting access to a Killzone 2 demo, was also offered to US gamers who pre-ordered the game at GameStop, and will be available for download on February 5, 2009.

icestar2
05-02-2009, 17:16
The demo is on PSN now. Shame its only a single player campaign Demo but still its better than nothing.

In other news Killzone 2 has gone platinum in Europe before its even released -

Europe has done it again (http://playstation.joystiq.com/2008/03/15/gran-turismo-5-prologue-pre-orders-reach-1-million-in-europe-alo/). Killzone 2 has gone platinum in the region three weeks before it has even been released. UK newspaper The Guardian broke the news in an interview (http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/feb/05/david-reeves-sony-europe-losses) with SCEE president David Reeves; 1.1 million copies of Killzone 2 have already been preordered in Europe

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/02/05/europe-goes-preorder-mad-for-killzone-2/

Bulky
05-02-2009, 18:27
downloading now , it seems sony are getting something right for a change , a demo of a huge title out nearly 3 weeks before release , well done Sony (for a change)

Bulky
05-02-2009, 22:07
played through about 4 times , first time took some getting used to as i have been playing cod waw for ages and killzone is much slower pace (a bit like GOW if i dare say) , loved it though , found something dofferent to perfect each time , the game physics are the best i have seen , noticed after a few runs through if you just fire one round into a compressed gas tank it flys off and blows up , by my 4th run through , used to the pace , used to the controls , the graphics are the best i have seen on a console, it runs REALLY smooth, can't bloody wait for the game.

Tezcatlipoca
06-02-2009, 00:19
I've managed to mostly avoid the hype for this, & have not been expecting anything amazing...

... so when I played the demo tonight, I was pleasantly surprised to find it looks gorgeous & plays brilliantly :)

The controls take a bit of getting used to though...

STONEISLAND
06-02-2009, 08:52
Had a good crack on it to and thought it was fantastic. Cannot wait!

Tezcatlipoca
08-02-2009, 21:16
The controls take a bit of getting used to though...

Gave it another go this afternoon.

Used "Alternate 2" for the controls (R2 fire, R1 grenade, L2 zoom, L1 crouch/cover), with "zoom hold" turned on and the x & y sensitivity turned up.

Much better :)

Tezcatlipoca
25-02-2009, 21:54
So, who's getting it then?

I will be, but not straight away.

icestar2
25-02-2009, 22:52
So, who's getting it then?

I will be, but not straight away.

Depending on the postman mine should be arriving tomorrow :)

whether it will be any good is yet to be seen but I do hope it is as its about time the PS3 had a decent FPS as Resistance 2 just didnt do it for me.

Bulky
26-02-2009, 07:07
i will definately be getting it , have the day off tomorrow so will get it early , initial noises about the game are good , just hope the multiplayer is good :)

Bluffdemon
26-02-2009, 14:33
I will go and get it tomorrow i very much enjoyed the demo ! ;)

STONEISLAND
26-02-2009, 14:38
Mine is on the door step, will be on it tonight when i get how. Cannot wait :)

icestar2
26-02-2009, 20:18
Have not yet tried it online but I have to say the SP campaign is awesome. Very very pleased with this game. Only hope the MP side of things can keep it up. I shall be giving the MP a good test later tonight :)

Bulky
26-02-2009, 20:27
Have not yet tried it online but I have to say the SP campaign is awesome. Very very pleased with this game. Only hope the MP side of things can keep it up. I shall be giving the MP a good test later tonight :)

nice one , a little review would be nice (of the mp) , can't wait for morning :)

STONEISLAND
27-02-2009, 09:03
My initial opinion is very, very good :D. All though it did as it seems so intense and realistic almost a real battle, hard bloody work :erm:……………So at a point of almost no enjoyment if that makes sense?

Had a quick go online and its very hard indeed nothing like COD which is good as very original. :angel:

So far I like. Long way to go in the game though. ;)

Bulky
27-02-2009, 12:24
My initial opinion is very, very good :D. All though it did as it seems so intense and realistic almost a real battle, hard bloody work :erm:……………So at a point of almost no enjoyment if that makes sense?

Had a quick go online and its very hard indeed nothing like COD which is good as very original. :angel:

So far I like. Long way to go in the game though. ;)

just what i would have said , played a little more online though and absolutely love it , very intense , once i get to learn the maps think it will be all i will play for a long while.

STONEISLAND
27-02-2009, 14:19
Find it hard to get to grips with the god dame controls!!!!

icestar2
27-02-2009, 16:44
The MP is awesome but then again I dont have anything to compair it to apart from resistance which it blows out of the water imo.

I suck with the controller tbh and thats why normally I'd play an FPS on PC. That being said it still has me wanting to play it which is a first for online MP on the PS3 for me.

Most things cant be used until you have leveled up a couple times. After leveling up you earn stuff like the ability to make a squad or clan or new wepons and medic badges etc etc.

Will it last I dont know but what I can say it is alot of fun and seems to have really tackled the online MP very well but am no expert.

As you said Stone the Campaign is very hard at point's but thats what makes it more fun for me. Really really impressed with the campaign side of things.

Overall I'd give the game a 9/10 for an FPS on a console and from me thats alot lol. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I am :)

Bulky
27-02-2009, 17:05
Find it hard to get to grips with the god dame controls!!!!

Have to admit the controls are not the easiest , have just been playing mp for a good couple of hours and am definately getting better :) , i am in this one for the long haul , slowly getting used to the maps and started hitting the head/ chest area rather than the legs or not at all :D

icestar2
27-02-2009, 20:34
Change the controls. I hate the standard 1 and am using alternate 2 which is much better. Check them out in the options and see which fits you better.

Bulky
27-02-2009, 21:01
Change the controls. I hate the standard 1 and am using alternate 2 which is much better. Check them out in the options and see which fits you better.

talking more about the weighty feel that killzone.com forum is alive with people complaining , i haven't got a problem with it tbh, people just need to get used to a different feel to a fps.

icestar2
27-02-2009, 21:08
talking more about the weighty feel that killzone.com forum is alive with people complaining , i haven't got a problem with it tbh, people just need to get used to a different feel to a fps.

Ah right ok. Thought you meant the layout lol. Maybe thats what Stone was on about anyway.

Am getting used to it to and think I'll be in for the long haul with this one to. Starting to get alot more headshots to. I die alot but my kills outways my death atm so am happy lol :)

Hopefully see you online sometime. PSN ID ?

Bulky
27-02-2009, 21:15
Ah right ok. Thought you meant the layout lol. Maybe thats what Stone was on about anyway.

Am getting used to it to and think I'll be in for the long haul with this one to. Starting to get alot more headshots to. I die alot but my kills outways my death atm so am happy lol :)

Hopefully see you online sometime. PSN ID ?

psn id : bulkylad
am around most nights , won't be playing anything else other than this for some time :) , love the way the objectives change throughout the match , the lack of "sticky aim" makes it a real skillful game , have just ranked up to sergent first class ( think thats it) , just unlocked shotgun and smg .

icestar2
27-02-2009, 21:23
psn id : bulkylad
am around most nights , won't be playing anything else other than this for some time :) , love the way the objectives change throughout the match , the lack of "sticky aim" makes it a real skillful game , have just ranked up to sergent first class ( think thats it) , just unlocked shotgun and smg .

If I've not already added you I will do later. Agreed about the aiming. Make's the game take some actual skill even though I'm still not very good and am rubbish using analogue for aiming lol. Do hope I get used to it in time.

I've just got to that rank to and got the shotgun and SMG. Really am enjoying it :)

icestar2
28-02-2009, 01:42
Well I've just got off (No not that kind) after another KillZone 2 filled night. Managed to level up again and get the medic thingy now.

Added you to my friends list bulkylad. Should get a message next time your signed into the PSN.

Gotta say am hooked lol. I formed a Clan now but not for matches or anything at the moment just for friends etc etc (Might start playing matches in the future but not something am looking at for the moment). Some intresting things you can do in it like add news lol. Seems its been designed well to and very easy to use.

I gotta be careful when I get hooked on a good FPS it takes over my life :o: Still its all good fun for the moment just hope it does not get boring very fast like COD:W@W did and Resistance 2.

Bulky
28-02-2009, 20:26
Well I've just got off (No not that kind) after another KillZone 2 filled night. Managed to level up again and get the medic thingy now.

Added you to my friends list bulkylad. Should get a message next time your signed into the PSN.

Gotta say am hooked lol. I formed a Clan now but not for matches or anything at the moment just for friends etc etc (Might start playing matches in the future but not something am looking at for the moment). Some intresting things you can do in it like add news lol. Seems its been designed well to and very easy to use.

I gotta be careful when I get hooked on a good FPS it takes over my life :o: Still its all good fun for the moment just hope it does not get boring very fast like COD:W@W did and Resistance 2.

thx for invite , saw you were on tonight but your game was full , getting more and more used to this and getting more and more addicted , absolutely loving it and the contols are now second nature.

haven't ranked up again yet , had one aweful match and a couple of decent ones , 24 kills 10 deaths in the last one :) was please with that. This is finally the reason ( along with mgs4) to buy a ps3 imo Gears of war was why i bought a 360 this is potentially (dare i say) better (definately online).

Just wish there was co-op on the campaign but not managed to do any of that for a while , too addicted to mp.

icestar2
28-02-2009, 23:44
thx for invite , saw you were on tonight but your game was full , getting more and more used to this and getting more and more addicted , absolutely loving it and the contols are now second nature.

haven't ranked up again yet , had one aweful match and a couple of decent ones , 24 kills 10 deaths in the last one :) was please with that. This is finally the reason ( along with mgs4) to buy a ps3 imo Gears of war was why i bought a 360 this is potentially (dare i say) better (definately online).

Just wish there was co-op on the campaign but not managed to do any of that for a while , too addicted to mp.

Yeah I noticed you came online I tried to join your game but that was full to lol.

Gotta say I played a bit tonight and I seem to have gotten worse lol. Yesterday I thought I was gettting a handle on it and have to say I was not doing to badly but tonight I was hopeless. Its meant to be you get better the more you play but it seems to be the opposite for me but hay I still love it :)

Well done Sony/Guerrilla it seems they finally took the time to get it right :)

Bulky
01-03-2009, 06:36
Another few things , i find it much better to always try and work in a squad becasue even though the mic is rarely used you can spawn on the squad leader (if he is alive).
GG also have a really good setup on killzone.com the stats are really good and one of the best features is the battle replays (a birds eye view of the battle).

icestar2
01-03-2009, 20:01
Yeah the Killzone.com command centre is a great idea that they have implemented. Haven't played any today after the beating I got lastnight but think I'll have a little go soon and try make up for it.

WHISTLED
02-03-2009, 20:35
Anyone else find it a bit jerky?

icestar2
02-03-2009, 22:11
Anyone else find it a bit jerky?

Do you mean the SP ? if so thats probably it loading data from the disc as their is no install. Cant say I've really noticed any online but maybe thats just because I'm enjoying it to much.

Had a good game lastnight 28 kills to 14 deaths. Not great but better than my recent performance.

WHISTLED
03-03-2009, 20:45
Yeah SP, its not major but frequent so was annoying me, I will play more SP before going on line as its quite a difficult game I think

STONEISLAND
06-03-2009, 12:55
Where are all the medics? I havent seen, been saved by one yet!!!

icestar2
06-03-2009, 14:38
Where are all the medics? I havent seen, been saved by one yet!!!

Well its unlocked at the 3rd or forth level I think but your forced to use one of the 2 main guns that are already unlocked when you use that kit. My guess is once people have unlocked a couple more level's and get the sentrys and other things that they dont bother with the medic kit.

STONEISLAND
06-03-2009, 15:11
Well its unlocked at the 3rd or forth level I think but your forced to use one of the 2 main guns that are already unlocked when you use that kit. My guess is once people have unlocked a couple more level's and get the sentrys and other things that they dont bother with the medic kit.

I have got killed once by a sentry gun!!! So if you get points on being a medic then that for me. :)

icestar2
06-03-2009, 15:19
I have got killed once by a sentry gun!!! So if you get points on being a medic then that for me. :)

There are some points you get, maybe assist points or something am not sure I cant remember lol. You get kill points for destroying sentrys you know. Weird I know but thats how it works.

STONEISLAND
06-03-2009, 15:32
There are some points you get, maybe assist points or something am not sure I cant remember lol. You get kill points for destroying sentrys you know. Weird I know but thats how it works.

No I did not know that. :tu:

We will have to have a game, you on tonight?

icestar2
06-03-2009, 15:40
No I did not know that. :tu:

We will have to have a game, you on tonight?

I'll probably be on sometime but not sure what time. If I see you on I'll try join your game :)

Be warned though am not very good lol. I die alot so its probably best to be on the opposite team from me haha.

STONEISLAND
06-03-2009, 15:58
I'll probably be on sometime but not sure what time. If I see you on I'll try join your game :)

Be warned though am not very good lol. I die alot so its probably best to be on the opposite team from me haha.

I will be after Ramsey abot 10pm. :)

icestar2
06-03-2009, 18:57
Just had a quick game. There's a new patch out now. Seems I can play alot better in games of around 10 - 12 people. When it comes to the 32 player games I just get my ass kicked all over the place tbh.

Probably be on after 10 myself to stone, prob around 22:30 - 23:00 sometime if your still on. Maybe see you ingame.

icestar2
07-03-2009, 01:15
I will be after Ramsey abot 10pm. :)

Tried to join your server tonight Stone but it must of been set to same rank only as it just kept comming up "Your not the correct rank to join this server" or something along them lines :(

I did however have an excellent couple of games tonight. I'll risk it and say I think am finally getting used to it :shocked: lol

60 points one round, I know thats not great but its good for me lol. Managed to rak up again. Need 400 odd for my next rank now :(

Unlocked the spawn grenade but not sure how you use it yet didnt really look but I assume its locked to a certain class or something ? I'll check tomorrow :)

Bulky
07-03-2009, 11:34
It seems the new patch changed the controls , i definately think it is an improvement but unfortunately for me as i was so used to them before i couldn't hit a thing last night (maybe i should have cut quite a few beers out of the picture as well :) ) , anyway still really enjoying it , the controls are now much tighter and more 'instant'.

STONEISLAND
09-03-2009, 09:18
Tried to join your server tonight Stone but it must of been set to same rank only as it just kept comming up "Your not the correct rank to join this server" or something along them lines :(

I did however have an excellent couple of games tonight. I'll risk it and say I think am finally getting used to it :shocked: lol

60 points one round, I know thats not great but its good for me lol. Managed to rak up again. Need 400 odd for my next rank now :(

Unlocked the spawn grenade but not sure how you use it yet didnt really look but I assume its locked to a certain class or something ? I'll check tomorrow :)

OMG!!!!!

I played this game on MP for almost the whole weekend, so addictive. Once you start to rank the game comes into itself. Fantastic, really enjoying it now. :D

Went into your game Darkliquid you have ranked up fast!! I much prefer the bigger games though as I get more points it seems. Love the sentry gun!!!!! Gone back to being a medic now I have my sanitary gun medal as get much more points as a medic. ;)

Looking forward to getting the enemy cloths……..:D

STONEISLAND
09-03-2009, 16:21
The only one concerned I have is that after a month or two we will all be running around in Saboteur Disguise when we all rank up? Unlike COD there is no roll over is there?

Don’t get me wrong loving this game, but surely as some point we will all be the same level / perks? Where is the fun in that?

icestar2
09-03-2009, 16:40
The only one concerned I have is that after a month or two we will all be running around in Saboteur Disguise when we all rank up? Unlike COD there is no roll over is there?

Don’t get me wrong loving this game, but surely as some point we will all be the same level / perks? Where is the fun in that?

Not sure how that will work as I have mnot ranked up to that level yet but just keep an eye on your radar and your scope which will turn red rather than green if its an enemy.

I would amagine you can only use it a certain amout of time or it might take a long time to charge back up but not sure. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also I would put it past us seeing some new maps and stuff in a couple months :)

STONEISLAND
09-03-2009, 16:43
Good tip, thanks again.

I will look at the radar. From what I have seen of you, your a good player!!

icestar2
09-03-2009, 16:46
Good tip, thanks again.

I will look at the radar. From what I have seen of you, your a good player!!

Lol only with the shotgun, I can actually get some kills with that. My problems is I can do well in 12-16 man servers but when I join the 32 man I just get owned often even being pinned back to my own spawn.

I must admit since the patch I'm doing alot better but again thats only with 1 gun haha.

your good Stone. That game you joined me in the other days was not good for me I was getting a bit of a beat down lol but you came in and seem to do not to badly straight away :)

STONEISLAND
09-03-2009, 16:51
I should not have left sorry dude :erm:. Its funny I cannot play the small games and you say you cannot play the big games..........:D
I also hate with a passion the shot guns cannot get on with them at all.....There is a pattern forming here....;)

icestar2
09-03-2009, 17:03
I should not have left sorry dude :erm:. Its funny I cannot play the small games and you say you cannot play the big games..........:D
I also hate with a passion the shot guns cannot get on with them at all.....There is a pattern forming here....;)

Lol I think you may be right there Stone there does seem to be a pattern begining to form haha ;)

Bulky
15-03-2009, 19:35
the saboteur class is really good fun , love sneaking towards the enemy spawn and running towards the objective with the enemy and then killing them before they know what happened, makes you really paranoid about your own team though :)

Charlie_Bubble
30-03-2009, 23:04
Just got this today. It's my first PS3 game. Having to try and get used to the controller and the controls. I much prefer the 360 controller and the 'real' trigger you use to fire your weapons on the 360. I keep throwing grenades when I mean to shoot the gun. :(

DRZ400
30-03-2009, 23:16
Alternative 2 layout should help.

icestar2
30-03-2009, 23:17
Just got this today. It's my first PS3 game. Having to try and get used to the controller and the controls. I much prefer the 360 controller and the 'real' trigger you use to fire your weapons on the 360. I keep throwing grenades when I mean to shoot the gun. :(

You can easily change the controls if you wish to do so.

Bulky
10-04-2009, 12:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVyDDeOgZYA

New maps , and 'other features' at the end of April :)

icestar2
10-04-2009, 14:54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVyDDeOgZYA

New maps , and 'other features' at the end of April :)

Read lastnight they awere going to announce their first DLC today. Looks good. The second pack sounds intresting to but I never played the first KZ. Thanks for the link :)

icestar2
20-04-2009, 22:14
Big patch (Fix's wise not size wise) comming on wednesday for KZ2. The following is a list of the fixes and new features.

Killzone 2, patch 1.24 is sized at 57MB. The following has been fixed/added:

AI - Bots now skipping disabled/destroyed MGs in warzone when requesting mounted guns.
AI - Do not claim waypoints for the previous character when it's dead.
AI - Fixes bots getting stuck trying to arm/disarm S&D object when mission is already over.
Campaign - Fix for potential progression bug in Salamun Bridge.
Clan - User name, not users clan displayed in rankings
Clan - Winning 10 Clan Challenges causes the user to become stuck on the medal awards screen.
Controls - Lean & Peak - Zoom hold on and out of ammo it switches between regular/scope view rapidly.
Cosmetic - Blue screen tint which indicates scout cloak is occasionally enabled and will remain indefinitely.
Cosmetic - White squares on the grenade counter merge together when displayed in 1080p
Create Game - "Badge Combination" option does not work properly
Create Game - Online - "clan only" presets apply even after a player leaves a clan
DLC - DLC pack 1 - 'Steel & Titanium' supportDLC - New Loading screens advertising the first DLC pack.
Exploit - Helghan Industries - Player getting out of map fix.
Exploit - Radec Academy - User is able to gain access to the roof when revived in a specific location.
Exploit - Reviving player stuck in wall collision can result in him spawning outside level
Exploit - Salamun Market - One sided wall allows people to be seen and shot from outside where they cant see or fire out
Exploit - Tharsis Depot - Player can get out of the "normal" play area and can get into some sniper/camp spots
Feature - Invite player from friendslistFeature - Join Clan Member list added.
Feature - Join Game - 17-24 players filter.
Feature - MP - Moving while seeing scores after pressing SELECT
Feature - The radar/map now has a larger radius
Feature - Three additional 'Harcore' Ranks added to the top limits.
Front-end - Add support to display more than 8 maps when creating a game /challenge/tournament
Front-end - Sorting ascending and decending ranks working better in 'Rankings'
Front-end - When in a squad, the Valor Trophy is visible in the Squad Tab, however the users rank is not being displayed on top of it.
Mods - Official tournament to be displayed first followed by custom created tournaments
Mods - Additional functionality made avalable to the in-game moderators.
Network - Server side fix for full games being displayed incorrectly.
Network - User is unable to use the 'Join Clan Member' tab due to Network Error Code 20002.
Online - File-synching with the Japanese release of Killzone 2 on the 23rd of April.
Sound - Turret placing sound continues when killed.
Stability - Crash when synching gamestate after a full mapcycle
Stability - Hang on a screen with a blank message window just before a message appears.
Stability - Reducing the load on the server related to syncing the buddylist
Stats - If a clan wins 24 Clan Challenges and goes to the result screen, the medal acquisition screen, which normally displays when you win 25 games, will display.
Stats - Number of air-support grenades used by tacticians does not add to the stats of joined user correctly.
Stats - Number of spawn-grenades used by tacticians does not add to the stats of joined user correctly.
Stats - User sometimes does not receive 1000 valor award when winning 10 Clan Challenges.
Text - % character not displayed correctly on the creating game dialogue box after selecting to create game.
Text - If a client receives an invite from a clan which has a '$' character in the clan name, the recipient will get kicked
Text - Minor Italian localization fix.
Text - Minor Japanese localization fix.
Tournament - Game decides winner if one of the two teams doesn't spawn in
Trophies - Fix for Wargod trophy unlocking pre-maturely
http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/04/20/killzone-2-patch-goes-live-on-april-22/

Bulky
20-04-2009, 22:41
yeah looking forward to the fixes/extra features , and also the new maps, haven't played anything else since release so have noticed a few of the exploits. Looking forward to the new maps on the 30th :) , the next patch is to be even bigger (i believe) working on friend invites and stuff according to the KZ2 forums. Lots of support from Guerilla Games in quick time , very impressed.

cimt
20-04-2009, 22:51
I got this game today with my PS3, is it any good? I'm going to try it out soon.

icestar2
20-04-2009, 23:22
I got this game today with my PS3, is it any good? I'm going to try it out soon.

I'd say its the first decent online shooter for the PS3. Resistance1/2 was ok but nothing special. KZ2 is everything and more but am sure you'll make your own mind up :)

As bulkylad says the support is been top notch upto now. Good to see a developer looking after its customers/gamers/investers lol whatever you want to call us.

cimt
20-04-2009, 23:32
I'll have to try it out soon, I don't have a mic yet though so it may make the online experience a bit crap.

icestar2
20-04-2009, 23:35
I'll have to try it out soon, I don't have a mic yet though so it may make the online experience a bit crap.

That is certainy not something I would judge a game by tbh. Seems a strange thing to think would make the game crap lol.

cimt
20-04-2009, 23:36
Nah, it's just I like to talk to people and when you don't have a mic you can't really help each other, can you?

icestar2
20-04-2009, 23:40
Nah, it's just I like to talk to people and when you don't have a mic you can't really help each other, can you?

Tbh i found that most of the time people with Mic's are idiots (no offence I have one to lol). Its good for with friends but the few experinces I've had with online games with audio chat on consoles have made me pretty much hate it.

They seem to be to busy swearing and they seem to love using racist language which I dont want to hear. But thats just my experince and I havent really given it a chance since. Never tried the Audio chat on KZ2 but I still really enjoy it tbh.

cimt
20-04-2009, 23:59
I just had a quick game there and it does seem like a great online game. It may take awhile to get used to the buttons though.

icestar2
21-04-2009, 00:01
I just had a quick game there and it does seem like a great online game. It may take awhile to get used to the buttons though.

I find changing the controls to Alternative 2 works best for me but have a look and see what works best for you.

DRZ400
21-04-2009, 00:03
I bought it and compared to COD4 it's like running round in a fat man suit and getting shot a lot.

Bulky
21-04-2009, 17:29
I bought it and compared to COD4 it's like running round in a fat man suit and getting shot a lot.

must admit , it takes much more skill to play than the COD series , controls have a much larger learning curve (you can't slam R3 from left to right it takes much more delicate movements) and controlled bursts on the rifles are a must.

icestar2
21-04-2009, 21:57
The first DLC will also include 12 new Trophies for those that care(Myself not being one of them)

The upcoming "Steel and Titanium" DLC (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/21/killzone-2-steel-and-titanium-dlc-priced/) pack for Killzone 2 will also add 12 new Trophies to the game, all Bronze.

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/04/21/killzone-2-dlc-adds-12-new-trophies/

Also its been priced for the US at $5.99 so am guessing we'll get it at £3.99 or around that maybe £4.99 since we are in the UK after all which Sony seem to think are loaded.

Today we can also confirm that “Steel & Titanium Pack” will be available on the PlayStation Store next week (April 30th) for $5.99.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/21/killzone-2-dlc-price-and-trailer/