PDA

View Full Version : How to find my VM POP?

Russ_64
14-08-2008, 10:39
Signed up for BB L/TV L/Phone M and moving into house that already has cable (ex-Telewest).

Read the Upgrade Schedule for 4Mb to 10Mb but some London areas are still TBC - how can I know which POP I will be connected to? New Malden / Croydon / etc - there is no Wimbledon (SW19)?

Thanks.

Kymmy
14-08-2008, 10:46
Once you have the cable up and running if you click the CONNECTION on the top menu bar it should give you something like

cpcX-flitX-X-X-custXXX.lutn.cable.ntl.com (with number where the X's are) in my case it specifies that I'm in the Flitwick area of Luton cable district.

Post yours up (but please hide the numbers and do NOT post the IP)

Russ_64
14-08-2008, 10:53
Thanks - will do so on Monday (hopefully my booked install on Sat will be okay).
Just checked status page and Croydon area is still TBC as of 12/8.....

Ignitionnet
15-08-2008, 10:13
What's the first bit of your postcode Russ, just the first 2 letters and numbers?

spiderplant
15-08-2008, 22:16
Some parts of SW19 are on New Malden and others are on Croydon. PM me your full postcode if you want me to check.

jcw00
15-08-2008, 23:07
I believe your area runs via Croydon see http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/schedule.html

frogstamper
16-08-2008, 01:38
Once you have the cable up and running if you click the CONNECTION on the top menu bar it should give you something like

cpcX-flitX-X-X-custXXX.lutn.cable.ntl.com (with number where the X's are) in my case it specifies that I'm in the Flitwick area of Luton cable district.

Post yours up (but please hide the numbers and do NOT post the IP)

I imagine the name Flitwick has some other variations by some people Kymmy.;)
We have some good one's down here though, "Dicker", "Lower Dicker" and for the well heeled upstanding citizen there is "Upper Dicker".:)