PDA

View Full Version : good service!

discoade
13-08-2008, 12:33
Last week i lost all my cable services!
I called 150 for free and the guy did his little test thing and decided there was a fault! (obviously). He arranged a tech to call the next morning (pretty good i thought)!

Just over 2 hrs later i had an engineer on my doorstep! I guess he was just passing!? lol
He diagnosed the problem to be the cable degraded from the box in the street to my house and said a new one would need to be pulled! This could take up to 2 weeks! :mad:

The next morning i got a call from the engineers team leader for the area and asked if it was ok for him to call round and have a look! i said yes please do!
He called round an hour later and had a look at the box in the street and my front garden and said "I'll have a gang here today!"

Again about an hour passed an 2 virgin vans appeared with there respective tech guys! They pulled a new cable re dug it across my garden (and laid it in a duct this time) and connected me back up! they even checked the pc was working and made me a 6 meter patch lead up before they left! In all about 2 hours and 2 cups of tea!

Half hour later the team leader appeared to check i was happy with everything!

I didn't think it was bad service that!
Well done VM!

The problem with my cable was the contractors who installed it 6 months ago damaged the outer casing on the cable in the manhole which let water into it causing it to fail!

The engineers told me they were heading towards using there own gangs for installations as the contractors were becoming unreliable and they were receiving a lot of complaints about shoddy installations! :rolleyes:

Any way to sum up! a fast and efficient repair! :drunk: :ghugs:

WHISTLED
13-08-2008, 12:48
Good to hear - human nature to complain when things go wrong, often its forgotten the majority of customers have a great service from us

discoade
13-08-2008, 12:59
Praise where praise is due! I was very impressed! :tu:

Graham M
13-08-2008, 13:01
It's nice to hear stories like this :)

WHISTLED
13-08-2008, 13:31
5,000,000 ish customers with VM - Call volumes and credit/refund spend speak more than any ammount of compliants on a forum

chickendippers
13-08-2008, 15:16
From reading articles on the internet and speaking to the Virgin Media engineers that I've had round on occasion, the contractors are overworked and underpaid, they don't have the time to do a good job - and most of them want to.

discoade
13-08-2008, 16:08
I agree! but that's piece work! The more you do the more you get paid!

xspeedyx
13-08-2008, 18:46
Your paid to do a job and you do it correctly nothing less

Scrubbs
13-08-2008, 18:56
Just to tag on my shillings worth
I found out I had no mail or internet and rang 151 and got through to a nice welsh chap who went through all the possible things that I could do(there had been a fault which was now clear).
I had forgot to reboot my router .:doh:
so a nice :clap:I'm sorry I didn't get his name. He was there when I needed him and he got me back online:angel:

xspeedyx
13-08-2008, 19:46
I have to admit I like it when you hear about the good service Virgin do give

chickendippers
13-08-2008, 19:57
Your paid to do a job and you do it correctly nothing lessNot when you get paid £10 per job regardless of how complicated it is. Might be a simple box swap, or could involve digging trenches, climbing up ladders and banging your head against the wall talking to an Indian call centre (yes, the engineers get to speak to the outsourced callcentres too). £10 for 20 mins or 2 hours work.

WHISTLED
13-08-2008, 20:07
No-one forces them to do it do they?

discoade
13-08-2008, 20:13
Not when you get paid £10 per job regardless of how complicated it is. Might be a simple box swap, or could involve digging trenches, climbing up ladders and banging your head against the wall talking to an Indian call centre (yes, the engineers get to speak to the outsourced callcentres too). £10 for 20 mins or 2 hours work.

I'm sure the £10 for 20 mins jobs far out number £10 for 2 hrs jobs! If not there's plenty of work available in the fast food retail industry! :rolleyes:

chickendippers
13-08-2008, 21:07
...and you've paid £2000 of your own money up-front for training and tools.

This is an interesting read: http://www.leakedmemo.com/an-open-letter-to-richardbransonavonline-plc-and-virgin-media/

roryboy
13-08-2008, 21:52
lol chicken must of worked 4 map lmao

discoade
13-08-2008, 22:19
...and you've paid £2000 of your own money up-front for training and tools.

This is an interesting read: http://www.leakedmemo.com/an-open-letter-to-richardbransonavonline-plc-and-virgin-media/

A bit like the guys that installed mine!?

Refused to install it on the first visit because they said the duct was blocked and a construction crew was need to repair it! virgin media paid for a construction crew to attend, they were here 5 minutes just long enough to push a piece of bent coat hanger up the duct to pull a rope through! (mind you it was raining when the installation crew came!!)

Virgin media did compensate me for the one month delay by giving me a free v+ box costing them £150 at that time!

When they came the second time they damaged the cable so virgin media had to pay to replace it 6 months later! (luckily it was damaged in their draw pit else it could have been me paying!)

They "forgot" to bring a remote for my v+ box so it cost virgin media the postage to send me one plus £10 compensation for me.

They "forgot" to bring the second v box for the bedroom installation! again vm compensated me!

As Darthlinux stated Your paid to do a job and you do it correctly nothing less

Maybe if the installers worked to that rule they would cost vm less and VM could afford to pay them more!

chickendippers
13-08-2008, 23:57
Maybe if the installers worked to that rule they would cost vm less and VM could afford to pay them more!If VM paid installers more in the first place and gave them an achievable number of jobs each day, then quality of workmanship would rise.

discoade
14-08-2008, 00:12
lol! Its a vicious circle!

I'm guessing you've done it doing it or know someone who does it? how about some numbers to substantiate your claims?

All i have is the shoddy job they did for me! Oh and the girl next door who's telephone socket fell off the wall cos they didn't use raw plugs to fix it and just screwed it into the plaster board!