PDA

View Full Version : Do they??

prince4world
08-08-2008, 15:35
Do they throttle speed for late payment of virgin bill. I forgot to pay my bill last month and paid it only with the recent one. From yesterday I am having a huge drop in my internet speed. I am on 2Mbps line and i recieve only 400Kbps. Or is there any problem in coventry area?

AbyssUnderground
08-08-2008, 16:10
Do they throttle speed for late payment of virgin bill. I forgot to pay my bill last month and paid it only with the recent one. From yesterday I am having a huge drop in my internet speed. I am on 2Mbps line and i recieve only 400Kbps. Or is there any problem in coventry area?

As far as I am aware this has never been heard of. Its possible there is just local congestion.

Andrewcrawford23
08-08-2008, 16:12

a 2mb line should only be able to get 250-300Kbs download speed so no your not

Paul K
08-08-2008, 16:12
As far as I know they would just cut you off for billing issues. They did it to us when we changed banks, sent them the information, confirmed it all on the phone that they had received it and updated out account info and yet they still tried to take the money from the closed account :(

hokkers999
08-08-2008, 21:05
As far as I know they would just cut you off for billing issues. They did it to us when we changed banks, sent them the information, confirmed it all on the phone that they had received it and updated out account info and yet they still tried to take the money from the closed account :(

Might want to update the link that you spam every post you make with, it's broken.:D

Zaim7890
08-08-2008, 23:56
a 2mb line should only be able to get 250-300Kbs download speed so no your not

i think he means kb-kBits not kB/s-kBytes :)

am i right?

Andrewcrawford23
09-08-2008, 08:19
no it is MBit for the line line, Kb/s for acutally downlaod speed

tomjleeds
09-08-2008, 16:04
no it is MBit for the line line, Kb/s for acutally downlaod speed

Oh dear.

Connection speeds are measured in bits, transfer speeds in bytes (eight bits). Given that the OP is only on a 2Mbps connection, a 400KBps transfer speed would be an improvement over the usual <250KBps transfer speed, so they wouldn't be complaining about throttling. If, on the other hand, the OP was experiencing 400Kbps levels of performance from an expected 2Mbps connection, they would have an issue to raise...as they have here.