PDA

View Full Version : ntl telewest business

Yvonne Farrell
07-08-2008, 18:25
I wish to have a number disconnected. This number was transferred to me as a favour to take calls as the Proprietor relocated. I have paid the recurring charges for 5 years and consider this long enough (as a favour!)especially as most of the calls are nuisance. I'm told I will still receive bills until November under the terms and conditions that I have never seen. It was a favour!!
HELP. THE COMPANY DOES NOT EXIST ANY LONGER & I NEVER OWNED IT. Also I'm told I have to write to 'LOYALTY' what Loyalty? This is a crazy situation.
AWAIT A SUITABLE REPLY.

Stuart
07-08-2008, 18:35
Welcome to the forum. The forum you posted in is read only, so no one would have been able to reply.

I have moved the post to the correct forum.

Yvonne Farrell
08-08-2008, 12:39
I've paid this for 5 years so the 24 month Contract would be up wouldn't it or am I being thick?

Kymmy
08-08-2008, 12:43
Depends what the initial contract specified...24months is for thier BB with Phone services, I do though find it strange that you've been with them for 5 years and they want to get 3 months end of contract fee. Unless of course your initial contract renewed itself every 12 months for another 12 months...or a 3 month cancellation period is in effect on the original contract.

As you took on the contract from someone else is the contract actually in your name??

Yvonne Farrell
08-08-2008, 12:56
It's actually in a Business name with my address for billing. Thank you for your replies.

Kymmy
08-08-2008, 13:00
Is the business name yours or the original person?

Yvonne Farrell
08-08-2008, 13:09
the other person ......... I just did him a favour ....... so I thought ........

Kymmy
08-08-2008, 13:13
Sorry but why are you still paying it as it's not your contract or debt.???

Kymmy

Yvonne Farrell
08-08-2008, 13:22
Don't ask........ I work in the same industry so just dealt with the remaining customers with the intention that some would be happy for me to continue helping them under my banner. As it happens the entire media is in a state of collapse so there's very little going on - no need for the transferred calls.

Kymmy
08-08-2008, 13:48
OK, slight hint, your name isn't on the bill just the address, if you know the security info then change the address to the other persons...

It sounds like you've been taken advantage of

Yvonne Farrell
08-08-2008, 14:53
Story of my life - no I don't know any information at all - I was left to pick up the scraps.
Thank you for trying but in the end I suppose I'll wait and see what happens. Have paid up to date and written to H.O. to cancel the service - it will probably take them ages to reply so will stall it as long as possible. Yes, I'm a twirp!

Kymmy
08-08-2008, 15:05
You can't cancel the service as the service isn;t in your name.... Just stop paying it...

Then if they come chasing point then towards the person/company who's name it's under..

Yvonne Farrell
08-08-2008, 15:28
Yes, I'll see what shows up. I liked their offer that I could pass it to someone else! Do you want it? Joke! Ha Ha

Stephen
08-08-2008, 22:14
If you were taking on paying the service you should have really transfered the service to your name through a change of responsibility(COR).

As its still in the name of the original owner you would not be able to call and disconnect the service.

Yvonne Farrell
09-08-2008, 11:25
I tried e-mailing the 'loyalty team' and 'customer services' but they both bounced saying my e-mail addresss was not recognised so you are probably correct in saying I cannot cancel anyway.

Stephen
09-08-2008, 11:33
I do work for NTL: Telewest Business so what I mentioned before is correct. The only way you would be entitled to end the service is if you transfered it to your self. The original owner would need to be the one to call for disconnection.