PDA

View Full Version : Phorm Updates

Andrewcrawford23
07-08-2008, 11:41
Hello All,

THIS HAS NOT BEEN FINALISED SO DO NOT PM ROB M ABOUT IT YET.

I was speaking with Rob M last night about making a thread that is solely for updates about phorm so people dnt need to trying going through the other thread which is huge and gets a lot of posts per day so it quite possible you might miss something.

One of the main problems will be that if everyone is pming him he never be able to keep updating it and it turn out ot be the same as the current thread.

One solution i have though of is if the main user who are getting information like alex etc can pm him once a week with important updates and information then that oculd be. and if a important event happens one day before the schedule update day then it is posts to rob.

So does anyone el ehave ideas on how it could be done and what would we class as important etc?

Please post any ideas or comments here and we can try think of a solution and i will pm Rob M with it unless he reading this himself.

JediMaster
07-08-2008, 12:51
why not use a blog? that way rob is only one who posts info and not full of replies like the other thread?

Bonglet
07-08-2008, 13:12
I thought a forum was used for replies and discussion?

brundles
07-08-2008, 13:12
Top notch idea - especially with some of the recent stuff I'm seeing on the BBC website about it.

Blogwise, we'd be looking at an external site wouldn't we? I seem to remember CF doesn't have the blog functionality turned on.

Simplicity wise, would the option of a locked thread that Rob (or a.n.other mod) can just add additional posts to as and when? (Blog style :) ).

Andrewcrawford23
07-08-2008, 13:24
Yeah ti basically be a locked thread that a mod posts to each week with important updates.

The main problem i have just now is who would be responsible for pm the mod the updates, and what updates should be included.

Bonglet that is the idea of forum but have a look at the phorm thread it huge and it gets loads of posts a day so people might miss important information because of that this way people coudl look and see there has been this important information recently and talk and discuss it in the main thread.

eth01
07-08-2008, 15:50
there is really no need for this thread IMO. merge?

brundles
07-08-2008, 16:06
Merge with what? The point of this thread was to try and get a seperate summary of information available NOT in the giant Phorm thread. No necessarily in this thread, but at least somewhere.

The volume of responses and discussion on that thread has become impossible to keep up with just to keep an eye on and as a result a lot of people (me included) will have stopped reading it. A seperate thread/information point with key events/pieces of information would serve most members of this forum better IMO.

Maggy
07-08-2008, 16:10
So what was the point of this thread (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34586408-post1.html) ?:confused:

eth01
07-08-2008, 16:10
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33628733-virgin-media-phorm-webwise-adverts-updated.html ... i'd like to say that in those 13,428 posts there is the answer. yes, 13,428.

Andrewcrawford23
07-08-2008, 16:22
So what was the point of this thread (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34586408-post1.html) ?:confused:
That thread isnt easily accessible :( but it has sort idea i mean, my idea is to have a lcoekd thread that is always seen by people and important updates as put there for users to be able ot read i find it very hard ot keep up with the main phorm page within 2 hours there is 2 or 3 new pages no one can keep up with it.

the thread is mroe to discuss ideas for the propused thread on how it be run, who do it, what it involve etc. Robm told me discuss then feed back to him the ideas then the mod would discuss it.

Maggy
07-08-2008, 16:25
It would have been nice if you had made clear that it was Rob M who suggested this in your first post...:)

Sorry I missed the small m in the first post.

Andrewcrawford23
07-08-2008, 16:28
Apologizes i just capitalist first letter didn't look to see it capstial last letter.

JediMaster
07-08-2008, 16:47
i've not read any of the huge topic as i dont have 2 weeks to sit and read it all lol. blog or locked topic with clear updates and not 40 lines of text in one huge paragraph (I hate seeing huge blocks of text).

Hope to see the updates soon as I know very little of what is going on lol

Andrewcrawford23
07-08-2008, 17:03
Well there seems so far to be a consensus to make some sort of thread that keeps users updated.

The only problem still remains, who will be responsible for PM the mod responsible for updating it, and how do we determine what is reverent. BTW pming the mod i think we might need a few users dealing with different aspects.

We would also need to set down a timeline like maybe ever few days or once a week with updates before then if it very important breakign news type thing.

It also be a good idea anything that is posted is speculation and is presented witha source to.

Raistlin
07-08-2008, 21:50
Andrew,

Please see my PM concerning this.

On the basis that this is not directly related to 'VM Internet Services', and that there are some additional discussions that need to be had about this 'offline'.....

.....Thread Closed.