PDA

View Full Version : Post code checker inconsistency

osk
05-08-2008, 20:02
Hi folks,

I'd like to get Virgin Media cable services in my flat. However, the postcode checker brings up some really weird information:

My post code is N3 3AL, I'm on ground floor, flat 14:
flat 1,2,3,5: "yes, digital cable available"
flat 4,6: not even listed
flat 7-18: "analogue area"

Then, the house next to my flat (separeted by a driveway):
N3 3AJ, Highview: "yes, digital cable available"

The same for the remaining houses 1,2,3 further down the street.

There also is a CA.T.V. manhole directly in front of my flat, just separated from the flat by the front garden.

Is there any way to get Virgin Media to reevaluate the situation? I already tried the web form and the "spotter" answering machine but didn't hear anything in 4 weeks.

I read that a possible way would be to get a "field sales rep" over here to confirm what the situation is. But how can I contact someone?

Thanks for any hint
Oskar.

jungleguy
05-08-2008, 21:50
Hi
a spotter can sort this out.
If a field sales rep sorts your problem out, it would be because there is no spotter working in your area.
cheers

osk
05-08-2008, 22:58
Hi,

Hi
a spotter can sort this out.

ok, but how to actually get one here? Might it make sense to send a mail (not an e-mail) to emphasize my interest?

If a field sales rep sorts your problem out, it would be because there is no spotter working in your area.

Again: How can I find this out? I don't see a problem asking the right people (even by mail, fax or e-mail), but I have difficulties in getting through to them ... any hints?

Thanks
Oskar.