PDA

View Full Version : Massive Speed drop since being offline for 1 Week.

smeagoly1
03-08-2008, 09:03
Hi all

Iv'e just been away on holiday for a week, so I switched all non essential electric items off...like my ADSL Wireless Modem and PC. I get back and low and behold, my line speeds have dropped from an average of 6000 - 6400 kbps down to 2200 kbps.

Nothing i do seems to change this. I have switched off for 10 mins several times, and left on for 24 hours with no line speed change at all.

I had a previous speeds issue on my 8 meg ADSL package, that for the first 4 months I was getting only 2200 kbps, but after an online technical issue complaint through VM's online support, my line speeds magically increased to around 6000 kps 24/7!

I was going to go through this again but their online support page once i spent 30 mins each time inputting data keeps coming up "Error 404" this has been noted by VM.
I was calm and collected after chilling for a week but not now, welcome back to old Blitey :(

Jonathan90
03-08-2008, 23:28
hmm ok i take it your with adsl not tooo familiar with it but i think its something to do with your ip profile which has chose that speed a stable somebody will come and now more than me

spiderplant
04-08-2008, 08:52
If you leave the modem switched on, the speed should pick up again after a few days.