PDA

View Full Version : Problem | Only 1 Device working at a time

Robin 125
02-08-2008, 13:45
I have the Virgin Media Large Broadband package, the Modem is one of the old NTL Grey Modems with Green Lights on the front of the Modem i dont know the model number.

The Modem has a Ethernet Port and a USB Port on the back before yesterday i could have multiple devices running at once.

My Main Computer is connected straight into the Modem through USB and i have a short ethernet cable running to a Router Linksys Wireless Router, from the Router i have a Ethernet cable running to an Xbox 360 Console and a Wireless WEP Protected Connection running to a Vista Laptop that im currently using.

As of Yesterday the Internet will only work on 1 device at once, when my Main Computer is connected to the Internet the laptop can only get a connection to the Router but the router can connect to the Internet, if i unplug the Main Computer connected through USB to the Modem and Turn the Modem off and on i can get a connection to the Internet on the Laptop running through the Router but i can not get a connection on the PC when i plug it in through USB.

I live in Derbyshire | Postcode: DE55 2DZ

and i have been a NTL/Virgin Customer 7 Years

r00t
02-08-2008, 14:04
It should never have worked mate. The modem will support one connection only, as you say; you have a router. So why would you need to use the usb port?

Ernie_C
02-08-2008, 14:10
I have to agree with r00t - you cannot connect the modem via USB to a computer and to a router via ethernet and expect them to work at the same time.

Normal connection would be router to modem via ethernet (WAN port) then computer and XBOX to router via ethernet (LAN ports). Laptop then via wireless.