PDA

View Full Version : Virginmedia refuse to admit problem or fix it.

Jelly Bean
24-07-2008, 11:51
Since at least 2 pm yesterday I have been unable to access certain websites,like others in the Swansea area.Approx in a 4 mile radius.

I did contact VM yesterday and they told me to ring again today.Wich I just did.

This is a VM fault nothing to do with my network or other peoples BB.This is definantly a VM problem.I have worked on this issue since 2 pm yesterday.

Now I just phoned VM about this fault as it still persisits.Now the guy on the phone is ignoring the fact I told him I have done all the usal,reboot modem,direct cable from computer to modem,delete history/temp files/cookies,etc etc etc etc.I have even reformatted the main computer and reinstalled everything.

Well in the end he said oh a fault has been reported.

Well now I am soooo angry at VM.I said to the guy on the phone are you just saying that to shut me up?He laughed and I asked him again are you just saying that to shut me up?He laughed and said goodbye.

How rude he was and the fault will not be fixed,it has not been reported and for a VM staff member to lie about the issue and fob me off was disgusting.

I was very polite to him even after he lied to me.

So how do the Swansea area get this fault seen to and fixed?

Anyone know how we can get this sorted and fast?

buckleb
24-07-2008, 11:54
Try the newsgroups and avoid the script-readers on the fault line.

Raistlin
24-07-2008, 11:57
Are you an ex-NTL or ex-Blueyonder customer?

Jelly Bean
24-07-2008, 11:58
Yes Rob NTL.

Welshchris
24-07-2008, 11:59
ive just been on the phone flipping at them myself about this as they claim its a setting on my PC and cos the fact i use Open DNS instead of their DNS servers.

Raistlin
24-07-2008, 12:00
Ok, try this, in Internet Explorer:

Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings

Enter the following proxy server:

webcache.virginmedia.com

Set the port to 8080

Click ok/apply/whatever and restart the browser.

Jelly Bean
24-07-2008, 12:06
Gets hold of Rob M and hugs and kisses him,squeezes him so tight he cannot breath.

Its ok I am female lol.

There lets hope that resolves ppls issues for now.

Thankyou Rob M.

Raistlin
24-07-2008, 12:07
Did it work?

Cool :D

(BTW, hugging and kissing is allowed :) )

Adlam
24-07-2008, 12:08
Ohh thanks, it worked! Everything is working fantastically now. Great advice!

Paul
24-07-2008, 12:10
Duplicate thread, see http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33636453-virginmedia-faults-or-is-it-americans.html