PDA

View Full Version : NTL 100 Modem

boxboy
22-07-2008, 18:23
Hi All,

Problem i have is, I have a very old NTL100 medem and I'm on the 10MB pacakge.
Throughout the whole day and night the light's on the modem flash on and off all the time, I mean ALL the lights.:mad:

Downloading is a nightmare over 24Hr's for a 350mb file and still going.
What i want to know is this, is the old 100 modem able to handle the 10MB speed or will I need to get Virgin to send me a new one.
I have it connected to a Belkin router with 2 Xboxes wired in but not on all the time only at weekends for the kid's. I've tried it without the router but still no boost in speed.

Any help or advice would be great. :):):)

Many Thanks

whydoIneedatech
22-07-2008, 19:12
Hi All,

Problem i have is, I have a very old NTL100 medem and I'm on the 10MB pacakge.
Throughout the whole day and night the light's on the modem flash on and off all the time, I mean ALL the lights.:mad:

Downloading is a nightmare over 24Hr's for a 350mb file and still going.
What i want to know is this, is the old 100 modem able to handle the 10MB speed or will I need to get Virgin to send me a new one.
I have it connected to a Belkin router with 2 Xboxes wired in but not on all the time only at weekends for the kid's. I've tried it without the router but still no boost in speed.

Any help or advice would be great. :):):)

Many Thanks

http://www.chetnet.co.uk/articles/admin/images/100+.JPG

ntl:home Series – 100, 120, 200
The ntl:home series was manufactured to ntl:'s specification by a leading Far Eastern electronics manufacturer, Ambit. All models are both Ethernet and USB.
The 100 model is Docsis only, so comments as above on Eurodocsis. Introduced in April 2002.
The 120 model is a special "Dual Mode" Docsis and Eurodocsis development for ntl: it is believed to be the first such development of a Cable Modem. The 2 in 120 meant "Dual Mode"

The 200 continued the "Dual Mode" capability and utilised a Docsis 2.0 Broadcomm chip although Docsis 2.0 has not been deployed on ntl:'s network.

All do support 10Mbps Tier of Service, provided that they are used with an "003" or greater version of firmware.

---------------------------------------------------

The above does say that it is capable of 10Mb, but I would ring up Tech Support and see about getting a new modem as it is rather old now and is due an upgrade.

------------------------------------

Tech Support is open 24/7 on the numbers below.

For help with your TV or Phone and for Broadband Technical Support:

Call Product Support/Faults on 151 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.