PDA

View Full Version : HELP - BB is driving me mad

Arthurgray50@blu
22-07-2008, 17:28
I am being driven mad, by our broadband service, we are on the top pacakge of XL and pay £25.00 per month for the privelege, but our broadband is so slow, you could make breakfast,eat it and wash the plate, before it changes a page, we spoke to VM and they have said, that this normal, and yet at the begining of July, we were told, that they were increasing the BB, to the top range, but it is so slow, and my wife is worried about calling vm, in case we get further problems, like we have been having, what makes me laugh is that there are big adverts out, saying it is the best in the business, l would like them to view mine.:mad::mad:

ultimate
22-07-2008, 17:33
Should post this to the BB forum

Kymmy
22-07-2008, 17:40
Moved to the correct forum

Hugh
22-07-2008, 17:40
arthur, run some speedtests and post the results.

sstainer
22-07-2008, 18:02
check the modems config pages at http://192.168.100.1/
root root if required see if the power levels are ok

whydoIneedatech
22-07-2008, 18:24
I am being driven mad, by our broadband service, we are on the top pacakge of XL and pay £25.00 per month for the privelege, but our broadband is so slow, you could make breakfast,eat it and wash the plate, before it changes a page, we spoke to VM and they have said, that this normal, and yet at the begining of July, we were told, that they were increasing the BB, to the top range, but it is so slow, and my wife is worried about calling vm, in case we get further problems, like we have been having, what makes me laugh is that there are big adverts out, saying it is the best in the business, l would like them to view mine.:mad::mad:

Post what modem you have and your power levels from your config pages of your modem. The should be a sticker on the bottom saying what model.

Open a browser and in the address bar put> 192.168.100.1 password and username are both root if required.

DO NOT POST YOUR MAC ADDRESS OR SERIAL NUMBER

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are a Virgin Media customer then the best speedtest is from the link below which is from a dedicated server within the Virgin Media network, hence the is no www. before the address.

Have you tried going to this link to check your speeds http://gamefiles.virginmedia.com/

click on blueyondergames>demos>then click on at least 2 large files and save them to your desktop, and then wait a couple of minutes then write down the transfer rates on the files that are running> times them by 8 and you will get a truer download speed.

Arthurgray50@blu
22-07-2008, 18:59
Hi Foreverwar, the results, that we have come up with are;

Upload speed 343kbps
Download 3.96mbps

Does that make sense.
cheers

arthur:)

sstainer
22-07-2008, 19:08

Upload speed 343kbps
Download 3.96mbps

Does that make sense.
cheers

looks like 4mb soon to be 10 to me with those speeds

whydoIneedatech
22-07-2008, 19:17

Upload speed 343kbps
Download 3.96mbps

Does that make sense.
cheers

Arthur try this and post the details in the pages as this will tell us what speeds you are on.

Failing that PM me your MAC address and I will let you know tomorrow what speed you are on.

--------------------------

Post what modem you have and your power levels from your config pages of your modem. The should be a sticker on the bottom saying what model.

Open a browser and in the address bar put> 192.168.100.1 password and username are both root if required.

DO NOT POST YOUR MAC ADDRESS OR SERIAL NUMBER

joglynne
22-07-2008, 19:56
looks like 4mb soon to be 10 to me with those speeds

Which would also tie in with the £25 per month that Arthur is paying.