PDA

View Full Version : GPRS settings?

me-eyes
20-07-2008, 01:37
Hi all,
I'm on the 300/300 £10 monthly deal and am more than happy with it, but would like to surf the net occasionally. I've done it in the past but must have cocked up the settings as now it simply won't work!

I have a HTC P3000 (aka the O2 Orbit) and have used these settings:
PAP authentication
Access point name: goto.virginmobile.uk
user name: user
password & domain: <blank>
use specific IP address: 193.030.166.002 (also tried with server-assigned IP address)

What am I doing wrong? Is there some simple mistake I'm making?

Cheers
Paul

RDDearing
21-07-2008, 10:36
A quick google threw up this page:
http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/commerce/servlet/gben-server-PageServer?ARTICLE=MAIN.UK.INTERNET.HELPINFO.HANDE SETHELP.GPRS.DEFAULT

which shows the IP address as 193.30.166.3

Hope that helps!

dave_dph
21-07-2008, 20:32
Settings can be found here:

http://tinyurl.com/27qjv7

soobio
14-08-2008, 13:15
I think it should be tried with server-assigned IP address. :angel:

me-eyes
14-08-2008, 14:05
Hi guys,
I tried these settings - already checked the webpage and my phone isn't listed :(

I seem to be able to get a GPRS connection, but web-pages always come up as "Page not found" etc...etc...

Have just remembered that my local Virgin/Zavvi/whatever Megastore has a mobile section - I'll see if they can get it working :confused:

djmagnifique
14-08-2008, 17:06
Have you tried looking at the setting from the virgin mobile page for the HTC Touch Cruise? You may be able to read through them to check what your phones current settings are or you could try to enter them manually setting up a new connection.

TheNorm
14-08-2008, 17:20
I have an HTC Touch (P3450) with T-Mobile. I can make a free call to customer services, and they will send a text that configures the settings for me.

SMHarman
14-08-2008, 17:27
Hi guys,
I tried these settings - already checked the webpage and my phone isn't listed :(

I seem to be able to get a GPRS connection, but web-pages always come up as "Page not found" etc...etc...

Have just remembered that my local Virgin/Zavvi/whatever Megastore has a mobile section - I'll see if they can get it working :confused:Do you have a connection but it is trying to connect to a page on O2 that is not available outside their walled garden.
Have you tried typing say bbc.co.uk as an address once you get that page not found error.

me-eyes
14-08-2008, 19:44
Hi Guys,
I've rang customer services and they won't send the automatic settings for the HTC Cruise to my phone as, I quote, "it might brick it."

This problemm happens with any website - BBC, Google etc.... The infuriating thing is that the GPRS sprite lights up showing a connection has been made, but any and all webpages are simply not found.

Maybe its some setting within the phone - but I've been through the (very limited) options and can find nothing to help. Gargh!!!!:mad:

SimpleSimon
14-08-2008, 21:27
This is a site I use a lot when configuring devices

http://www.filesaveas.com/gprs.html

According to this page you may need to check to see if GPRS is enabled on your account.

Simon