PDA

View Full Version : Stockton-on-Tees, TS17

Cyrill666
19-07-2008, 02:09
Hi,

Broadband has been off in the TS17 postcode area all day Friday (from at least 9:30am until now (it's still off).

I called the 0800 server status line a number of times and did hear a TS17 specific "engineerings are aware of the problem..." - however a few hours ago that specific message ceased to be played - are these messages normally taken down once the problem is resolved or do they just time out after a set period of time.

I ask as the message has gone, but my internet is still dead (after many reboots and power cycles).

Interestingly the TS17 problem was never acknowledged on the server status page of the Virgin Media website.

Thanks for any replies :)

djmagnifique
19-07-2008, 07:05
I'm in the ts17 area and there are no problems with my connection although I wasn't online at the time of your original post.

whydoIneedatech
19-07-2008, 07:56
Hi,

Broadband has been off in the TS17 postcode area all day Friday (from at least 9:30am until now (it's still off).

I called the 0800 server status line a number of times and did hear a TS17 specific "engineerings are aware of the problem..." - however a few hours ago that specific message ceased to be played - are these messages normally taken down once the problem is resolved or do they just time out after a set period of time.

I ask as the message has gone, but my internet is still dead (after many reboots and power cycles).

Interestingly the TS17 problem was never acknowledged on the server status page of the Virgin Media website.

Thanks for any replies :)

If you have any problems then you should call Tech Support on the numbers below as they are open 24/7

For help with your TV or Phone and for Broadband Technical Support:
Call Product Support/Faults on 151 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.
Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.

Cyrill666
19-07-2008, 19:21
Thanks for the replies.

I called 151 and spoke to a very pleasant support lady who determined that the modem was faulty and will send out a new one... I guess I'll be stuck with my "3" mobile broadband for a week or two yet :)