PDA

View Full Version : Interesting phone call

janipewter
18-07-2008, 23:31
Mum just told me that while she was paying the bill over the phone, she was told that our broadband was being upgraded for free to 50Mb next month.

She didn't bring it up, she was just talking about something else and the guy on the other end said it.

He also told her about the virginmedia.com/evenfaster page and there would be more information about it on there, although I can't see any.

Is this guy ********ting us or what?

Angry@VMedia
18-07-2008, 23:49
More than likely yes he was telling porkies!

eth01
19-07-2008, 08:39
fail.

whydoIneedatech
19-07-2008, 08:49
Mum just told me that while she was paying the bill over the phone, she was told that our broadband was being upgraded for free to 50Mb next month.

She didn't bring it up, she was just talking about something else and the guy on the other end said it.

He also told her about the virginmedia.com/evenfaster page and there would be more information about it on there, although I can't see any.

Is this guy ********ting us or what?
Words fail me that someone could say that to a customer.

50Mb is months away and no one will get a free upgrade to it because they will want Full Price Paying Customers and they know they will get them, because they want to make a profit not a loss on this new platform.

Also any prices mentioned elsewhere are purely pipedreams as the is no definate date for the rollout and therefore no published prices from Virgin.

ceedee
19-07-2008, 11:33
Maybe your mum misheard (or misunderstood) the VM rep and he actually said you'd be upgraded free to 10Mb/s next month?
That would explain why he specifically mentioned the webpage detailing the upgrades to that speed and nothing relevant to the forthcoming new 50Mb/s tier.

Zhadnost
19-07-2008, 12:06
I get a recurring discount on my bill which covers the rental cost of my phone line (got as an offer because I have XL BB). If I upgrade to 50MBit, will this go away?

janipewter
19-07-2008, 12:29
Maybe your mum misheard (or misunderstood) the VM rep and he actually said you'd be upgraded free to 10Mb/s next month?
That would explain why he specifically mentioned the webpage detailing the upgrades to that speed and nothing relevant to the forthcoming new 50Mb/s tier.

Upgraded from 20Mb to 10Mb?

-Jani

eth01
19-07-2008, 12:29

then the whole post is pretty pointless. i think i have to agree with you.

:rolleyes: